2020 Draft Rumors and News

MWil23

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Agreed. Iโ€™ve said it time and again Burrows peak is a, ironically enough, Dalton-like ceiling. Heโ€™ll be good but Iโ€™m not afraid.ย 
ย 

I do believe you and I were more impressed with Daniel Jones last year also. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I loved Daniel Jones and Josh Allen. I felt very alone on those fronts.

ย 

Burrow is a great pick for Cinci tho. I donโ€™t mean to make it sound like I think heโ€™s gonna be meh. Heโ€™s gonna be a top 15 QB at least. I just think Chase Young is going to rip apart the league.ย 

2 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

I think Ruggs is going to be our pick. He blows the top off of a defense and opens up all of the intermediate stuff this offense wants to exploit

The more I think about it the more Ruggs makes sense

Who you taking off the field OBJ or Jarvis? Stef doesnโ€™t like running 3 WR sets. You take the TE and FB off, greatly reduces run success and the ability to mirror run plays and pass plays. Believe the Vikings used personnel groupings with 3 WRs or more the least amountย in the NFL or 2nd least.ย 
ย 

so getting Ruggs Seems worthless too me when the browns have two better starting WRs and have other major needs to fill.ย If the browns needs 3/4/5th WRs, this is the draft to get them inย 

vikings didnโ€™t have an amazing passing attack last year because of a lack of a 3rd WR. It was held back by the OL.ย 

Edited by buno67

Hot Take:

*Ruggs had 11 "deep ball" catches at Alabama and isn't a "blow the top off" guy despite his amazing speed. He's going to excel in the slot and be a really nice piece, but he's not your "deep threat" guy outside the numbers ala AB/Tyreke Hill.

Now, if we were talking about Andre Smith (had he come out this year), then I'd say ABSOLUTELY.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

ย 

Burrow is a great pick for Cinci tho. I donโ€™t mean to make it sound like I think heโ€™s gonna be meh. Heโ€™s gonna be a top 15 QB at least. I just think Chase Young is going to rip apart the league.ย 

Iโ€™m still on the Josh Rosen sunk island.

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Who you taking off the field OBJ or Jarvis? Stef doesnโ€™t like running 3 WR sets. You take the TE and FB off, greatly reduces run success and the ability to mirror run plays and pass plays. Believe the Vikings used personnel groupings with 3 WRs or more the least amountย in the NFL or 2nd least.ย 
ย 

so getting Ruggs Seems worthless too me when the browns have two better starting WRs and have other major needs to fill.ย If the browns needs 3/4/5th WRs, this is the draft to get them inย 

vikings didnโ€™t have an amazing passing attack last year because of a lack of a 3rd WR. It was held back by the OL.ย 

Iโ€™m telling you man thatโ€™s overblownย 

Andrew Berry even Said that was because of the Personel the Vikings had. Thielin was hurt last year and even when he did play their third receiver was wack. ย I bet most people canโ€™t name who their third receiver was.ย 
ย 

Im telling you man that stat is overblown. ย You can definitely be a run first zone play action team and still utilize a third receiver. You canโ€™t be in two TEs on third and long all the time.
ย 

Having a dynamic third receiver would add value Imย telling youย ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Andrew Berry even Said that was because of the Personel the Vikings had. Thielin was hurt last year and even when he did play their third receiver was wack. ย I bet most people canโ€™t name who their third receiver was.ย 
ย 

Im telling you man that stat is overblown. ย You can definitely be a run first zone play action team and still utilize a third receiver. You canโ€™t be in two TEs on third and long all the time.
ย 

You donโ€™t need to get him in the 1st. The WR from TCU is the best deep threat WR anyways and you can get him in the 2nd. Also Iโ€™m not going to take Berrys word on that personnel of Minny when he wasnโ€™t there. Hell the Vikings made it a priority to draft a #2 TE over a #3 WR. Why should we make it a priority to draft a #3 WR when we need a starting LB Safery and LT as holes you fill.ย 
ย 

even when Thelian went down the Minny offense was still good. We can still get a good WR in the 2nd or 3rd depending how the draft plays out.ย 

minny was still top10 in their 3rd down conversation rate and they were using TEs and FBs. Hell Hooper is prolly a better receiving threat then over team 3rd WRs. Hell Hooper might be better to have on the field, same with Njoku because of their size. in this offense a 3rd WR should prolly be 5th in Targetโ€™s behind OBJ Jarvis Hooper and RBs. Is it really that great of value to draft him. Also look at WR success rate, drafting a WR in the 1st is far from a sure thing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

ย 

Jones was my QB1...

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

ย 

ย 

I agree that it is overblown the lack of need for any WR.ย  However, we don't need a #1 WR.ย  We need a #3 and this is a very deep draft for that.

Also I always hate the guy who is loved for his speed.ย  The combine warrior if you will.ย  Give me Juedy if we get one.ย  He was a monster in college and will be great!!

14 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I agree that it is overblown the lack of need for any WR.ย  However, we don't need a #1 WR.ย  We need a #3 and this is a very deep draft for that.

Also I always hate the guy who is loved for his speed.ย  The combine warrior if you will.ย  Give me Juedy if we get one.ย  He was a monster in college and will be great!!

Iโ€™ll take any of the three

maybe even a KJ Hamler later

but Tyreek Hill just wonย a Super Bowl on a game winningย play because of his speed.ย 

Ruggs is almost that fast. I think you guys are underrating Baker with a deep threat.ย 
ย 

Donโ€™t forget he was bombing it to Marquis Brownย 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Iโ€™ll take any of the three

maybe even a KJ Hamler later

but Tyreek Hill just wonย a Super Bowl on a game winningย play because of his speed.ย 

Ruggs is almost that fast. I think you guys are underrating Baker with a deep threat.ย 
ย 

Donโ€™t forget he was bombing it to Marquis Brownย 

We're still not taking him at 10, though, @brownie man.

Edited by NudeTayne
We're taking Isaiah Simmons