2020 Draft Rumors and News

MWil23

15 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

NVM on pick 41 apparently Hookers been injury prone and on the last year of his rookie deal. I’d offer 97

Got injured his first year. Then missed 3 games a year this year and the past year. That wouldn’t scare me off too much. 3 games isn’t the end of the world. 

Given the fact that Berry has already put in place two guys who are capable starters, I personally think Hooker would be better than any we could pick at #97. And if he can't stay healthy, let him walk in FA, low risk, high reward imo, all we would be doing at this point is investing a pick

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’d absolutely give up pick 97 for him. Far more upside than likely who we will pick there anyway, and he’s good when healthy. It wouldn’t prevent me from drafting Winfield in R2 though.

What do you think they'll settle on as far as compensation? The guy has always had an injury history, and he is coming up on a new contract soon, but he was a first-rounder for a reason and could still end up being an elite safety for a long time.

He was a pre-draft fan-favorite in here so would be cool for that reason. If it was pick 97, I would do it yesterday. Can you imagine turning Duke Johnson into Malik Hooker? 😯

I'm thinking they are going to try to get a second-rounder for Malik hooker and might get one from a team near the bottom of the round. I'm hoping I am wrong, though, and that we can get him for a later pick like 97. I'd be all over it. 

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

What do you think they'll settle on as far as compensation? The guy has always had an injury history, and he is coming up on a new contract soon, but he was a first-rounder for a reason and could still end up being an elite safety for a long time.

It's hard to say. If Minkah got a 1+ pick swap and is more proven in the NFL, then you'd figure that counting his injury history, a potential 5th year option for a 1st Round pick/having to resign him to a long term deal compared to Minkah on Year 2 of a rookie contract, then I'd say somewhere in the late 2 to early 3 range. TBH, I wouldn't be opposed to trading our highest 3rd round pick for him, but I wouldn't go higher.

He was a pre-draft fan-favorite in here so would be cool for that reason. If it was pick 97, I would do it yesterday. Can you imagine turning Duke Johnson into Malik Hooker? 😯

Exactly. It also, per your point, brings up the issue of how some organizations overvalue some guys (Texans with Duke) and undervalue others (Texas with Nuk...sorry, I had to use that pun). But contract, injury history, and other factors may play a role in them shopping him. It also could be a "we will not settle for less than ______ scenario", where, I.E., he's worth more to them in 2020 than a 3rd/4th Round pick, so if they don't get their price, they keep him.

I'm thinking they are going to try to get a second-rounder for Malik hooker and might get one from a team near the bottom of the round. I'm hoping I am wrong, though, and that we can get him for a later pick like 97. I'd be all over it. 

IMO they're unlikely to get anything Top 50 for him. I think somewhere between 50-70 sort of "feels right", but I don't know why to be fair.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For my trade compensation brethren:

@NudeTayne @LETSGOBROWNIES @BleedTheClock @freakygeniuskid

What's the value from 10-16 vs. what it will actually take?

We trade:

We get

16 and...

2021 2?

2020 3?

What's the return here?

You didn’t list me but I think you try to talk them into a 2nd based on getting a player they’re desperate for. 10 and a 6th for 15/16 and a 2nd.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For my trade compensation brethren:

@NudeTayne @LETSGOBROWNIES @BleedTheClock @freakygeniuskid

What's the value from 10-16 vs. what it will actually take?

We trade:

We get

16 and...

2021 2?

2020 3?

What's the return here?

Per the trade chart, we should expect a 2nd and change. We would be winning by a late third in value, but that's to be expected when moving up and to be moving up to a high position from a not-so-high position.

If that slot is a highly contested QB, we might get something like 10 for 16, 3rd, '21 1st. That's unlikely, though, in this draft, so my guess is it'd probably be something like 10 for 16, 2nd and 4th, give or take. 

10 = 1300

16 = 1000, 46 = 430, 143 = 34.5

Moving from 10 to 16 is a big move, and I would hope they don't do it for a third and fourth, which would make us losers in the trade. That's how I see the value of that slot.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

Per the trade chart, we should expect a 2nd and change. We would be winning by a late third in value, but that's too be expected when moving up.

If that slot is a highly contested QB, we might get something like 10 for 16, 3rd, '21 1st. That's unlikely, though, in this draft, so my guess is it'd probably be something like 10 for 16, 2nd and 4th, give or take. 

10 = 1300

16 = 1000, 46 = 430, 143 = 34.5

Moving from 10 to 16 is a big move, and I would hope they don't do it for a third and fourth, which would make us losers in the trade. That's how I see the value of that slot.

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

You didn’t list me but I think you try to talk them into a 2nd based on getting a player they’re desperate for. 10 and a 6th for 15/16 and a 2nd.

IMO (to both of you), if Wills/Thomas are both gone, I'm taking either of those deals and moving back/adding ammo while drafting Jackson at OT and trying to acquire a proven 1 year stopgap ala Peters/Trent Williams if the price is low.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO (to both of you), if Wills/Thomas are both gone, I'm taking either of those deals and moving back/adding ammo while drafting Jackson at OT and trying to acquire a proven 1 year stopgap ala Peters/Trent Williams if the price is low.

I’m cool with that. Be ready for Jones, though.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

I’m cool with that. Be ready for Jones, though.

I like Jones more than most, but I don't like him more than Jackson. He's my R2 guy that intrigues me, and I think he's more of a true RT. JMHO