2020 Draft Rumors and News

MWil23

Just now, MWil23 said:

IMO (to both of you), if Wills/Thomas are both gone, I'm taking either of those deals and moving back/adding ammo while drafting Jackson at OT and trying to acquire a proven 1 year stopgap ala Peters/Trent Williams if the price is low.

I'd be on board with Jackson if we trade down. I would hope we could get him in the 25-35 range, but his draft stock is one of the most challenging to ascertain.

I'd also be okay if in this scenario a guy like Okudah or even Simmons fails to 10 to grab that guy and then trade our #74 plus '21 1st in order to move up with SF to grab Jackson at 31, as word is they want to move down from 31.

I know the idea of trading a future first is harrowing, but I'm really of the mind to consider it in a few different potential scenarios in this draft (like straight up for 59 & 64--equal value on trade chart--with Seattle if there are several guys we love on the board when 59 rolls around).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I like Jones more than most, but I don't like him more than Jackson. He's my R2 guy that intrigues me, and I think he's more of a true RT. JMHO 

I'd be much more interested if we played a power scheme. Jones is a better vertical mover than horizontal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'd be much more interested if we played a power scheme. Jones is a better vertical mover than horizontal.

Jones looks absolutely lost in his assignments. That scares me. He is clearly uber talented, but sloppy with his feet and never seems to know where he’s going or who he is supposed to kick out/wrap to in the run game. 

20 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I’m gonna be mad if we trade down. It doesn’t make sense unless we trade for Trent Williams, which I don’t think makes sense. 

I would prefer trading up and taking whatever tackle we like the best over trading down, using a stopgap, and trying to develop a tackle.

Edited by Rod Johnson

20 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I’m gonna be mad if we trade down. It doesn’t make sense unless we trade for Trent Williams, which I don’t think makes sense. 

trade down makes sense if their targets at 10 are gone and they want to gain some picks with a trade down and target the next tier of players they want. would you rather over draft a guy or no? because thats what it comes down to. Hopefully they get a guy they want but if they are gone, trade down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I like Jones more than most, but I don't like him more than Jackson. He's my R2 guy that intrigues me, and I think he's more of a true RT. JMHO 

Could be smoke to throw people off their trail but he’s rumored to be the target in a trade down.

I'd give Hooker a flier for a 4th.  I don't think the Colts have leverage here.  If they're shopping him, he is obviously not getting a 5th year deal from them.  Teams know they could get him in FA a year from now, and the Colts know he's not going to be around super long.  The FA market for a safety wasn't a huge splash this off-season, with lots of guys getting 1-year deals and some leftover options making it through the first wave.  I still really like his upside as a rangy coverage safety.  That part intrigues me, with our current roster group back there.  With that said, I think a 4th seems reasonable. 

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

As weird as it may sound if we end up dealing with Denver I think there’s a good chance we could get One of the 4 tackles at 15. I feel a few more teams would come up for the receivers and one would drop just enough. 

New York Giants
Arizona Cardinals
New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

All of those teams pick before Denver and are almost locks to take OT's.

I hope the Bengals do take Burrow. I think Burrow will be a good QB, but I don't think he'll light the league on fire. I think Chase Young is a better prospect and will have more of an impact. Plus, I think Cincinnati's team is terrible. They'd be better off taking Young and then rolling a turd out at QB and try to get Lawrence.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hope the Bengals do take Burrow. I think Burrow will be a good QB, but I don't think he'll light the league on fire. I think Chase Young is a better prospect and will have more of an impact. Plus, I think Cincinnati's team is terrible. They'd be better off taking Young and then rolling a turd out at QB and try to get Lawrence.

Yeah I’m not sold on Borrows either. He looked great in Brady’s system but how well does that system translate to the NFL. Yeah LSU was able to kill teams with 4-5 WR sets but they also never faced a Good DL that could disrupt that and Force them to use an extra blocker or two. LSU has a favorable match up with Clemson. Clemson couldn’t pressure with just their DL. Ohio State could.

How is Cincy going to handle doing things like Burrows did at LSU when you have a pass rusher like Garrett

Edited by buno67

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

New York Giants
Arizona Cardinals
New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

All of those teams pick before Denver and are almost locks to take OT's.

Giants could take anyone at this point and my bet would be Simmons. Never know. Cardinals are looking to trade down from reports. It’s possible.

While i don't necessarily want to trade down, if their top targets are gone and a team 5-10 picks back offer this years 2nd round pick and more, i'd take that. Obviously depends on our player rankings and tiers. If Tier 1 guys are gone and you can get tier 2 guys 6 picks back and pick up a 2nd rounder, no brainer to me.