Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

Figured this could be worth it's own thread, if you want to move it to rumors go ahead

There is more context to these in the video but for those who don't want to watch:

#5 - Cowboys for #17 & #82

#4 - Cowboys for #17 + Tyron Smith

#3 - Jaguars for Yannick Ngakoue

#2 - Jaguars - Jamal Adams  + #11 for #9 + #20

#1 - Lions - after a trade down Lions give up #5 for Jamal Adams straight up

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Saw you posted this on another forum. Good stuff.

Crazy/interesting how different and mixed the fans on there view Adams compared to here. 

Oo yea haha it feels much more calm over here. I get some serious hate in the YouTube comments whenever I talk about Jamal :D

Edited by rdelaney89
words are hard
  • Like 2

Of those options:

1) I would reluctantly say yes and then draft our OL. We probably take our top OT in this scenario

2) interesting offer, but the answer is no.

3) No

4) Yes

5) No. Throw in a 2021 day 2 pick. 

Edited by SDotNova

It’s a shame he’s choosing to skip something that puts him at literally no risk to himself though. He’s not risking his body. I’m not sure what a “virtual OTA” is but it’s not like he should have anything better to do chilling at home. Maybe it’s something a lot of players won’t participate in 

Edited by GangGreen420
  • Like 2

A couple of trades that I think will help us assess Jamal’s trade value:

Deforest Buckner (13th pick - 1,150 points)

Fitzpatrick (essentially just a 1st round pick because the rest of the stuff is just late round swaps) - while they didn’t know this at time, he went for pick 18 - 900 points

Jalen Ramsey - essentially 2 first round picks. These will be worth something like 1,500

Obviously the draft value chart is not perfect. But Jamal is more valuable than Fitzpatrick. I think he’s also more valuable than Buckner but he’s a little closer than Fitzpatrick. Ramsey is more valuable than Jamal.

Seems like draft picks in the 1,250 range would make sense.

Dallas pick 17, 82 and 2021 3rd for Jamal. Somewhat similar to what the Dallas blog was proposing. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

A couple of trades that I think will help us assess Jamal’s trade value:

Deforest Buckner (13th pick - 1,150 points)

Fitzpatrick (essentially just a 1st round pick because the rest of the stuff is just late round swaps) - while they didn’t know this at time, he went for pick 18 - 900 points

Jalen Ramsey - essentially 2 first round picks. These will be worth something like 1,500

Obviously the draft value chart is not perfect. But Jamal is more valuable than Fitzpatrick. I think he’s also more valuable than Buckner but he’s a little closer than Fitzpatrick. Ramsey is more valuable than Jamal.

Seems like draft picks in the 1,250 range would make sense.

Dallas pick 17, 82 and 2021 3rd for Jamal. Somewhat similar to what the Dallas blog was proposing. 

Then send 82 to to Washington for Williams. Use 11 for an OT and then draft the best receiver available at 17. Or better yet use one of our 3rds And 17 to move up and get one of Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Saw you posted this on another forum. Good stuff.

Crazy/interesting how different and mixed the fans on there view Adams compared to here. 

i like this forum cause you guys aren't wacky and want to trade the best player we've had in years.  i get into so many arguments in the other forum about it.

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Those are definitely all reasonable for you guys. If you guys got 5 from Detroit I would say just trade down and fully stock up on everything. Turn Jamal into as many players as you can 

Definitely an idea. But what I love about that trade is guaranteeing us probably our #1 OT and maybe even our #1 WR. Which is our whole debate is if we are going OT or WR. Trading Adams (which most of us don’t want to do) does allow us to do this. After all it’s really helping our offense and young QB. And you could argue our defense be bad even without Adams. Especially since we’d still have our 2nd and 2 3rds to now open the door for defense with OT and a WR taken care of.

• Like 1