Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Definitely an idea. But what I love about that trade is guaranteeing us probably our #1 OT and maybe even our #1 WR. Which is our whole debate is if we are going OT or WR. Trading Adams (which most of us don’t want to do) does allow us to do this. After all it’s really helping our offense and young QB. And you could argue our defense be bad even without Adams. Especially since we’d still have our 2nd and 2 3rds to now open the door for defense with OT and a WR taken care of.

Yeah you really could but man. If you traded down went OT at 11 and used 5 and turn that into your own Herschel Walker trade. 

you could turn 5 into a first this year a 2nd and picks in 2021. At the end of the day your offense needs a lot and your defense he could be that asset to build your team. 

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Definitely an idea. But what I love about that trade is guaranteeing us probably our #1 OT and maybe even our #1 WR. Which is our whole debate is if we are going OT or WR. Trading Adams (which most of us don’t want to do) does allow us to do this. After all it’s really helping our offense and young QB. And you could argue our defense be bad even without Adams. Especially since we’d still have our 2nd and 2 3rds to now open the door for defense with OT and a WR taken care of.

I am in favor of any trade that would help the Jets. At this point of time we can't trade Adams because right now he is the face of the Jets not Darnold. I am not even sure Darnold will have a break out year, unless we get him a top offensive weapon. I sure hope I am wrong we invested to much to get Darnold for him to be a mediocre QB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah you really could but man. If you traded down went OT at 11 and used 5 and turn that into your own Herschel Walker trade. 

you could turn 5 into a first this year a 2nd and picks in 2021. At the end of the day your offense needs a lot and your defense he could be that asset to build your team. 

Oh I wouldn’t be against it... I just think getting 2 rather “sure” things at 2 positions we’re already contemplating at 11 might be what we do if we were to trade Adams for that package. But I would be totally happy with the scenario you mention.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am in favor of any trade that would help the Jets. At this point of time we can't trade Adams because right now he is the face of the Jets not Darnold. I am not even sure Darnold will have a break out year, unless we get him a top offensive weapon. I sure hope I am wrong we invested to much to get Darnold for him to be a mediocre QB.

Adams is the face right now. But if Darnold is protected and has weapons... he takes the face of the franchise over.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I honestly haven't looked at what the issue is.  Is this ONLY because he skipped a VOLUNTARY VIRTUAL OTA?

It is not technically a holdout but the reason he plans to skip this even is a new contract.  Jets had zero talks with Adams or his agent about new contract. That may indicate Adams will continue skipping all events until he gets new contract of $$ he wants.

• Like 1

The way I see this situation is Adams has played very well. Much better than he is being paid to do in a very dangerous sport to do so.

He is a leader on the team and field and as such he shouldn't do these holdout things ideally. Especially with two years left of team control as a first round pick. 

Now,  my thinking with this has evolved. I was formally in the "play the contract you signed" camp. However, after seeing the cap go up every year and seeing even average players at their positions getting overpaid year after year,  I feel the sweet spot to sign, a guy as long as he has played very well (as Adams has) is about 24-25. The player likes it because the sport is dangerous and they earned it and the team gets a happy star paid less now than he would be later. 

In this scenario,  Adams likes his pay, plays like we all dream a high first round pick plays, and leads the defense regardless of d coordinator for the foreseeable future. The next time his contract is up he will not get paid great money because he will be 28 or so and age starts to come into play and maybe his play dips one of the next few years as our team as a whole improves. Now he has been one of if not the best player on the team (fingers crossed for Sam)  for years and either will still be playing at a pro-bowl type level and deserve another extension and become our Brian Dawkins and a life long Jets as a  or will be trade bait by then.

If he were to ultimately be traded it would bum me out as I have always been a HUGE Dawkins fan and to have a player who could be that guy of his generation be on my team would be a dream. If it yielded multiple first round picks and a starting LT that would lessen the blow. The only thing that scares me is that those picks could end up as well as Gholston and Keller for all I know.

I don't see how any of these trade scenario's are even remotely possible. What team would spend any of that on a safety?

Adams could just as well be released next year without any trade taking place for him anyways much like the COwboys did with Byron Jones if it's a discussion right now that he's even tradable. He is going to be coming with a 15M dollar market value and on top of that the team who gets him needs to work out that new contract, so the guy who made that video thinks he's worth a 4th straight up? He's a safety, not a Corner, or a LT like Marquee player Tyron Smith who just made the all-decade team. The Jets already know he's not worth that type of value. They already tried with Dallas last year and asked for a ridiculous return in which they were turned down on. 

If they don't come down in asking price significantly or if they don't pony up they could be looking at moving on from him next year in which case a team like Dallas who he loves will just get him for free. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I don't see how any of these trade scenario's are even remotely possible. What team would spend any of that on a safety?

Adams could just as well be released next year without any trade taking place for him anyways much like the COwboys did with Byron Jones if it's a discussion right now that he's even tradable. He is going to be coming with a 15M dollar market value and on top of that the team who gets him needs to work out that new contract, so the guy who made that video thinks he's worth a 4th straight up? He's a safety, not a Corner, or a LT like Marquee player Tyron Smith who just made the all-decade team. The Jets already know he's not worth that type of value. They already tried with Dallas last year and asked for a ridiculous return in which they were turned down on. 

If they don't come down in asking price significantly or if they don't pony up they could be looking at moving on from him next year in which case a team like Dallas who he loves will just get him for free. 

Well that won’t happen as we not only have a 5th year option on him but can always franchise tag him which could keep him here for three years.

Also if his price is $15m I think we will resign him no doubt. What some people are concerned about is the fact he may want $20m. 

I could debate on what Jamal brings as he’s not just a safety but I’m really not going to waste the time to do so. 

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Well that won’t happen as we not only have a 5th year option on him but can always franchise tag him which could keep him here for three years.

Also if his price is $15m I think we will resign him no doubt. What some people are concerned about is the fact he may want $20m. 

I could debate on what Jamal brings as he’s not just a safety but I’m really not going to waste the time to do so. 

According to rumors the Cowboys already had a contract in mind last year that would have paid him top dollar. It's not logical for him or any safety to ask for 20 so I doubt that's the issue. 

If the Jets would resign him no doubt then the discussion of a trade wouldn't even be on the table. 

25 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

According to rumors the Cowboys already had a contract in mind last year that would have paid him top dollar. It's not logical for him or any safety to ask for 20 so I doubt that's the issue. 

If the Jets would resign him no doubt then the discussion of a trade wouldn't even be on the table. 

Well if Dallas can afford him with all the big money contracts then I’m sure we can as we don’t really have much money tied up long term. This just screams to me two things;

1. Trying to negotiate a better deal

2. Have his ego massively massaged 

3 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Well if Dallas can afford him with all the big money contracts then I’m sure we can as we don’t really have much money tied up long term. This just screams to me two things;

1. Trying to negotiate a better deal

2. Have his ego massively massaged 

Well who really knows.

I just know that no one is gonna be paying the Jets what they asked for him last year from us and part of that deal involved Zack Martin which was beyond ridiculous. 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:35 PM, rdelaney89 said:

Figured this could be worth it's own thread, if you want to move it to rumors go aheadThere is more context to these in the video but for those who don't want to watch:

#5 - Cowboys for #17 & #82

#4 - Cowboys for #17 + Tyron Smith

#3 - Jaguars for Yannick Ngakoue

#2 - Jaguars - Jamal Adams  + #11 for #9 + #20

#1 - Lions - after a trade down Lions give up #5 for Jamal Adams straight up

I wouldn’t be upset with any of them. I think Maye would move right into the Adams role. 

Adding a 17 and 83 would allow us to use both picks on a WR and still get an OT at 11, IOL CB and or Edge with our 2nd and other 2 3rds

adding 17 and Smith would give us options. Maybe at 11 we take a WR and a RT at 17.  We’d have Smith signed for 4 years and he’d only be 33 at the end of those years. My only concern is that he’d retire early

adding Ngakoue would give us a legit edge rusher. In most cases an edge rusher trumps safety

moving to 9 jumps Cleveland for OT, 20 gives us a WR

5 gives us our choice of OT or a great trade down deal with a team wanting QB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Well who really knows.

I just know that no one is gonna be paying the Jets what they asked for him last year from us and part of that deal involved Zack Martin which was beyond ridiculous. 

For how ridiculous it may sound for you to include Martin it’s just as ridiculous for us to consider trading away our all pro 24 year old superstar defender for anything less than a kings ransom. 
Logic and common sense would tell you he should just be resigned. However time will tell. 

• Like 1