Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rdelaney89

5 Jamal Adams Draft Day Trade Scenarios

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Here’s a trade I would make. Jamal and #79 for #17 and Gallup. We then take CeeDee at #11 and Josh Jones at #17. Draft Hennessy with the Giants 3rd.

The Cowboys get Jamal. They’ll have a 2nd and 2 3rd to use on Gallup’s replacement.

Obviously we all don’t want to trade Jamal. It’s all fun and games until something goes down.

You stole my trade! I said Gallup in an earlier post lol. 

1st, 2nd, Gallup for Adam's and a 3rd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

You stole my trade! I said Gallup in an earlier post lol. 

1st, 2nd, Gallup for Adam's and a 3rd. 

Haha. I missed your post. I agree with you that a trade involving #17 and Gallup is a realistic and good scenario for both teams.

Although I think we disagree on Jamal’s trade value. As Jets fans we can’t expect a haul for a guy we also expect to only sign for 15-16 million. I think a 1st and 3rd seems reasonable. Otherwise, we agree with Jamal that he should be paid in $20 range.

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Haha. I missed your post. I agree with you that a trade involving #17 and Gallup is a realistic and good scenario for both teams.

Although I think we disagree on Jamal’s trade value. As Jets fans we can’t expect a haul for a guy we also expect to only sign for 15-16 million. I think a 1st and 3rd seems reasonable. Otherwise, we agree with Jamal that he should be paid in $20 range.

Yea. I dont want to trade Jamal even for the Gallup package unless we are getting Dallas's 1st and 2nd though.  

I'd consider Adam's + #68 for #17, #51 and Gallup. 

Although then we would prob have to grab a safety.... huge mancrush in Antoine Winfield Jr though,  can be had in the 2nd or poss 3rd. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there’s no chance Dallas trades a young WR that just had 1100yds and 6tds and a 1st and 2nd for Adams.

 

We all love Adams... but he’s not good enough to get that as a return as a hybrid SS/LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll hear something soon on this whole thing. Adams isn’t mature enough and doesn’t have the self control to not say anything regrading this over the next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antoine Winfield Jr is in the draft? I haven't been paying attention to any DBs.  I want him and then Asante Samuel Jr next year! I'm always a sucker for kids of players I grew up watching but Winfield was one of the most underrated CBs in his time.

Does Pat Surtain or Sam Madison have a kid? I always loved them growing up even though they were Phins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think there’s no chance Dallas trades a young WR that just had 1100yds and 6tds and a 1st and 2nd for Adams.

 

We all love Adams... but he’s not good enough to get that as a return as a hybrid SS/LB.

What do you think Gallup’s trade value would be? I was thinking a 2nd. He’s a solid number 2. Do you think if they trade him straight up, they be able to get a 1st?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

What do you think Gallup’s trade value would be? I was thinking a 2nd. He’s a solid number 2. Do you think if they trade him straight up, they be able to get a 1st?

I think it’s about a 2nd yes. I just think what we think we’d get for Adams or be happy with getting for him isn’t realistic. As a lot of us have said. He plays not a premium position. And while he’s great and a difference maker... most teams aren’t going to value a hybrid S/LB. so they aren’t going to be giving up these packages people have drawn up. Honestly I think we’d be lucky to get 1 1st rounder in the top 1/2 of the draft for him.

 

That’s why I don’t want to trade him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite trade package is this.....

 

Jets send Adams and our 3rd from the NYG to Cleveland. (CLE tries to get our 2nd, we offer our 3rd, we settle on the NYG 3rd we have). 

for

OBJ and the 10th pick. (it’s being reported he’s a goner... it’s just to who).

 

In turn CLE uses our 3rd we sent them to trade for Trent Williams so they still get a LT.

 

We then go OT and WR at 10 and 11 fixing WR for us like that. Then we focus our 2nd, 3rd and 4th on defense and IOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Dallas would possibly entertain the initial trade.

There is no way they throw in their 2nd round pick. We need to be realistic with what we would get in return. Some of the expectations of what we should get back for him are just way off base. Though I think many are starting to realize this.

You can argue that he’s way more than a SS and I agree his impact is bigger than that. But unfortunately that’s what he’s listed as, and if I had to guess he wants to be paid like a top defender, closer to 20m or we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

I really want to know what kind of contract the Jets are willing to give him  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

My favorite trade package is this.....

 

Jets send Adams and our 3rd from the NYG to Cleveland. (CLE tries to get our 2nd, we offer our 3rd, we settle on the NYG 3rd we have). 

for

OBJ and the 10th pick. (it’s being reported he’s a goner... it’s just to who).

 

In turn CLE uses our 3rd we sent them to trade for Trent Williams so they still get a LT.

 

We then go OT and WR at 10 and 11 fixing WR for us like that. Then we focus our 2nd, 3rd and 4th on defense and IOL.

That’s greater return than the Gallup trade that was proposed.

You also just said you don’t think we will get a pick inside the top 15 for Adams 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

That’s greater return than the Gallup trade that was proposed.

You also just said you don’t think we will get a pick inside the top 15 for Adams 

I said I think we’d be lucky to get a single pick in the 1st half of round 1. Us sending our NYG 3rd is in essence just for OBJ. So it’s pretty much Adams for the 10th pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think it’s about a 2nd yes. I just think what we think we’d get for Adams or be happy with getting for him isn’t realistic. As a lot of us have said. He plays not a premium position. And while he’s great and a difference maker... most teams aren’t going to value a hybrid S/LB. so they aren’t going to be giving up these packages people have drawn up. Honestly I think we’d be lucky to get 1 1st rounder in the top 1/2 of the draft for him.

 

That’s why I don’t want to trade him. 

I agree with you on Jamal‘s trade value. But don’t forget, the Cowboys offered a 1st and 5th (Per rumors ). So, if we do trade him, I’m expecting something like a 1st and another pick in the 3-5th range.

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I said I think we’d be lucky to get a single pick in the 1st half of round 1. Us sending our NYG 3rd is in essence just for OBJ. So it’s pretty much Adams for the 10th pick.

Eh, I can’t see Cleveland doing this.

I think it’s pretty much Dallas or we are holding onto him another season for better or worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Eh, I can’t see Cleveland doing this.

I think it’s pretty much Dallas or we are holding onto him another season for better or worse.

I just don’t see only Dallas interested with rumors floating around about him being traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×