Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Jerry also knows Jones isn’t close to the level of player Adams is

And you can bet Jerry has known about Adams for awhile since he does follow a lot of Texas high school football and Adams played not far from where Jerry lives. Jerry follows the SEC as well and knew I’m sure very well about him at LSU l. He just had to go with the splash player in Elliott in the draft that year (I thought they should’ve drafted Ramsey bc of how good their OL was, I didn’t think they needed a stud RB to be good). 

3 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Ya know,  we control Jamal for 2 more seasons. Can always trade him next offseason if no deal can be made. 

I'd bet on Jamal being all-pro again next season so I doubt he loses value. 

I’d bet either side would prefer not to do that but that’s probably what will happen.

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

A 27 year old running back who got the franchise tag TWICE.. Great comparison. Charles Woodson went to the Packers after how many seasons? Desean Jackson? Seriously? You're further proving the point that Jamal isn't walking anytime soon. 

I never said any time soon, but then again he wouldn't be shopped by his GM if there wasn't a plan to move him "anytime soon". I said there is a possibility he may not be resigned by the time his contract is up after his 5th year option, you gotta settle down. 

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

He's been flat out dominate in New York. 2x All-Pro, captain and face of the franchise after three seasons - Safe to say his trajectory is along the lines of those mentioned above? Last season we finished with the 10th ranked defense (DOVA), please go look at our roster and tell me Jamal didn't transcend that defense. At times, he's been our best EDGE, CB, LB and S.  

You mean as many probowls? Sure maybe. Is he making that much of a difference that transcends the defense? That's highly debatable. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I never said any time soon, but then again he wouldn't be shopped by his GM if there wasn't a plan to move him "anytime soon". I said there is a possibility he may not be resigned by the time his contract is up after his 5th year option, you gotta settle down. 

You mean as many probowls? Sure maybe. Is he making that much of a difference that transcends the defense? That's highly debatable

Isnt that the point? If you're trading for him, then you cant do it from a position of power. The jets have all the leverage here. 

If a team DOESNT feel he transcends the defense this conversation would be over right away. Obviously we, and plenty of outsiders feel he does transcend the defense. Considering Adam's has improved every year, has always given his all in practice and games,  and has shown to be one of the best blitzing safeties in the league.

Without Adam's this defense is not even remotely as competitive. He's prob our best pass rusher (considering he had the highest pass rushing grade on our defense).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You mean as many probowls? Sure maybe. Is he making that much of a difference that transcends the defense? That's highly debatable. 

You're lost in your own words at this point..

"Adams could just as well be released next year without any trade"

"They could be looking at moving on from him next year in which case a team like Dallas who he loves will just get him for free."

Did Jamal transcend the defense in the Dallas game last season? Seriously, I understand you don't watch the Jets play but if you did you wouldn't be making this argument.

3 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Isnt that the point? If you're trading for him, then you cant do it from a position of power. The jets have all the leverage here. 

If a team DOESNT feel he transcends the defense this conversation would be over right away. Obviously we, and plenty of outsiders feel he does transcend the defense. Considering Adam's has improved every year, has always given his all in practice and games,  and has shown to be one of the best blitzing safeties in the league.

Without Adam's this defense is not even remotely as competitive. He's prob our best pass rusher (considering he had the highest pass rushing grade on our defense).

No. That would be the point for the Kings Ransom which we have already shown and no team has shown interested in paying as of yet.

The teams that want him feel he is something special to build on or is the last key piece to a long playoff run. 

I wouldn't say the Jets hold all the cards, but you are right it's definitely in their favor right now. 

Just now, NJC33 said:

You're lost in your own words at this point..

"Adams could just as well be released next year without any trade"

"They could be looking at moving on from him next year in which case a team like Dallas who he loves will just get him for free."

Did Jamal transcend the defense in the Dallas game last season? Seriously, I understand you don't watch the Jets play but if you did you wouldn't be making this argument.

Yea that was my mistake, I was up working late and for some reason I thought he draft year was 2016 and forgot it was 2017.

33 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No. That would be the point for the Kings Ransom which we have already shown and no team has shown interested in paying as of yet.

The teams that want him feel he is something special to build on or is the last key piece to a long playoff run. 

I wouldn't say the Jets hold all the cards, but you are right it's definitely in their favor right now. 

I would say they do hold all the cards.  Realistically Adams can be under team control for the next 4 years - could be 5 if they really want to spend money.  So right now now, in this game of poker, Jets have a Royal Straight flush.  4 years is a career in the NFL.  I don't  blame Adams or any NFL player for wanting to get paid as soon as they can. But realistically, not just with the uncertainty due to the coronavirus stuff, but there is very little motivation or financial incentive for the Jets to extend this offseason.  Next makes more sense.  His trade value won't be diminished, unless he gets hurt, but then his contract demands will be diminished too.  

Same can be said about a trade.  You don't trade and asset you can control for 4 years without a big haul. 

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I would say they do hold all the cards.  Realistically Adams can be under team control for the next 4 years - could be 5 if they really want to spend money.  So right now now, in this game of poker, Jets have a Royal Straight flush.  4 years is a career in the NFL.  I don't  blame Adams or any NFL player for wanting to get paid as soon as they can. But realistically, not just with the uncertainty due to the coronavirus stuff, but there is very little motivation or financial incentive for the Jets to extend this offseason.  Next makes more sense.  His trade value won't be diminished, unless he gets hurt, but then his contract demands will be diminished too.  

Same can be said about a trade.  You don't trade and asset you can control for 4 years without a big haul. 

My question is this.. do you think the Jets should know by now whether or not they plan on making Jamal one of the highest paid defenders in the league?

42 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

@Calvert28you’re a cowboys fan? You surely had to have seen Jamal blitz the A gap on that 2 point conversion and make a game winning play last season. I would definitely say you could build a defense around him.

If Adams makes the adjustments and calls plays like Polumalu did? Oh hell yea, theres never a shortage of need for a field general. Though I'll admit as much I've never heard of him calling switching up the defense and constantly putting people in the right place to succeed like our Sean Lee does. Plus you don't build around a safety actually I would say you don't build around any defensive player in this day in age, he opens up things up for you to allow your defense to make a multitude of adjustments without ever having to take him off the field. 

I've already stated I love Adams, he has Texas roots and deserves to be in Texas IMO. But I haven't seen anything worth a Khalil Mack type trade or Ramsey type trade from him even as great as he is. And I just looked it up the Cowboys offered a 1st and Anthony Brown or a 3rd round pick for Adams and were turned down cause the Jets expected at least 2 more 2nds for him. I wouldn't do that, not even for Adams. 

55 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

And Adams can still refuse to play. Which is why I said they don't hold all the cards. You're forgetting Adams is still pissed about being shopped around after according to his own words told the GM he wanted to be a JEts for his entire career. 

We've already seen with Earl Thomas the danger of playing on a franchise tag and Adams has too. It wouldn't surprise me if he stuck to his guns and forced the Jets hand, even the Jets are not willing to let him sit for 4 years with no return value. I doubt even a full year.