Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

On 4/19/2020 at 4:33 PM, Calvert28 said:

And Adams can still refuse to play. Which is why I said they don't hold all the cards. You're forgetting Adams is still pissed about being shopped around after according to his own words told the GM he wanted to be a JEts for his entire career. 

We've already seen with Earl Thomas the danger of playing on a franchise tag and Adams has too. It wouldn't surprise me if he stuck to his guns and forced the Jets hand, even the Jets are not willing to let him sit for 4 years with no return value. I doubt even a full year. 

Not realistic at all when the team holds up to 4 years of control.  Zero chance of Adams sitting out or ever threatening to sit out 4 years.  

Remember he needs to report by week 10 to get credit for the year.  Without reporting he loses that year of service time.  

Fact is Jets hold all the cards.  Not believing that is just not facing the truth and hoping for a result that probably would not come to fruition anyway. 

38 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Not realistic at all when the team holds up to 4 years of control.  Zero chance of Adams sitting out or ever threatening to sit out 4 years.  

Remember he needs to report by week 10 to get credit for the year.  Without reporting he loses that year of service time.  

Fact is Jets hold all the cards.  Not believing that is just not facing the truth and hoping for a result that probably would not come to fruition anyway. 

Did you just read that one line in bold?

No team is gonna hold onto a player who absolutely refuses to play for them. Go look at any of the serious holdouts that have occurred. Leveon Bell? How about your Darrelle Revis? You say it's not realistic for a guy to hold out for 4 years well a team is not gonna hold on to their superstar for 4 years with getting nothing in return. Like I said, I doubt the holdout would even last a year without terms from either a huge contract or a trade. I think you're the one not facing the truth, many players especially superstars like Adams have options to put the screws to the organization. Take a good look at the Dak holdout if you don't believe me. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Did you just read that one line in bold?

No team is gonna hold onto a player who absolutely refuses to play for them. Go look at any of the serious holdouts that have occurred. Leveon Bell? How about your Darrelle Revis? You say it's not realistic for a guy to hold out for 4 years well a team is not gonna hold on to their superstar for 4 years with getting nothing in return. Like I said, I doubt the holdout would even last a year without terms from either a huge contract or a trade. I think you're the one not facing the truth, many players especially superstars like Adams have options to put the screws to the organization. Take a good look at the Dak holdout if you don't believe me. 

Bell was in the last year of franchise tag - much much different situation.  Revis was a much different player and position then Adams and we will never know if he would heave missed any games or how many. Dak again is not a good example. You simply can't not point to a situation where a player is looking at 4 year of team control and said player held out for a year yet even well into the season.  Why can't you find that situation, because the team holds all the cards. 

Jets would not even think of moving Adams, if he did hold out, until close to the trade deadline or next off season.  Trade very unlikely to happen now by all reports and accounts

4 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Bell was in the last year of franchise tag - much much different situation.  Revis was a much different player and position then Adams and we will never know if he would heave missed any games or how many. Dak again is not a good example. You simply can't not point to a situation where a player is looking at 4 year of team control and said player held out for a year yet even well into the season.  Why can't you find that situation, because the team holds all the cards. 

Jets would not even think of moving Adams, if he did hold out, until close to the trade deadline or next off season.  Trade very unlikely to happen now by all reports and accounts

You have a thread up with a year worth of reports of the GM including Adams himself saying he was being shopped around. 

Lol much different player? Is not a good example? I mean cmon, even if I found an exact match you would say its not the same cause the names don't match.

So lets stop with all of the "it could/would never happen".

Edit: Oh and I just saw these tidbits. Kinda vague but then again he didn't give any reassurance like "highly unlikely" or such. So again who really knows but those guys. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-call-time-jets-concede-willingness-to-trade-jamal-adams-new-york-dallas

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29072553/gm-says-jets-want-keep-all-pro-safety-jamal-adams-long-term

Edited by Calvert28

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Seems JD has came out and reiterated his stance. That he wants him here and needs to handle the draft 1st and then he’ll sit down and talk with Adams about a possible extension.

This shows it was in fact Adams camp that made this an issue

Oh we knew it was Adams camp who started this. Just terrible timing in terms of the fans excited about the draft but a good time for Adams camp to put things out there to kinda force JD's hand, glad it didn't work.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Oh we knew it was Adams camp who started this. Just terrible timing in terms of the fans excited about the draft but a good time for Adams camp to put things out there to kinda force JD's hand, glad it didn't work.

Which if you ask me (I could totally be wrong) makes it look like he wants to be traded. That his camp thought pre draft is the time to do this. Bc it would allow us to acquire picks before the draft. Where they know post draft... the likelihood of a trade is less. So it begs the question that he doesn’t want to be here and this was the start of drawing that line.

At the end of the day we control him bc he has a contract. So he doesn’t have much to stand on.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Which if you ask me (I could totally be wrong) makes it look like he wants to be traded. That his camp thought pre draft is the time to do this. Bc it would allow us to acquire picks before the draft. Where they know post draft... the likelihood of a trade is less. So it begs the question that he doesn’t want to be here and this was the start of drawing that line.

At the end of the day we control him bc he has a contract. So he doesn’t have much to stand on.

Has to be that he wants to be traded. Best time to hold out for extension is camp. If he was on his last year of his deal then I get it but he's two years away from being tagged anyway. It was a failed power play by him and his camp. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Is this not just a way to add two extra years of $15-18m a year. Makes more sense financially for him. 

It makes sense to extend him next offseason. His 5th year option is 11.8mill. So the jump in salary next year from nearly 12 mill to lets say 16 mill isn't much. The issue that he himself put himself in is that his deal was for 4yrs at 22mill (as a 1st rounder we have a 5th year option on him). He and his agent pushed for a 14 mill signing bonus. So that only left 8mill of actual salary over those 4 years (averaging around 2 mill per season). So annually he's actually not making a ton. But that's his own fault. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

So it begs the question that he doesn’t want to be here and this was the start of drawing that line.

I think this is the part a lot of fans don’t want to accept. After last years fiasco, the stuff he tweets, I think it’s going to take a massive offer to keep him here.

If he wants to be here, and we want to keep him, let’s get it done this summer. If not I see it getting ugly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think this is the part a lot of fans don’t want to accept. After last years fiasco, the stuff he tweets, I think it’s going to take a massive offer to keep him here.

If he wants to be here, and we want to keep him, let’s get it done this summer. If not I see it getting ugly.

Yea that's where I stand. I've taken a lot of heat for my opinion but I really think Jamal doesn't want to be a Jet. Douglas will offer him the highest paid Safety contract, Jamal will decline saying he's more than just a safety. Douglas will stand his ground the way he did with Robby, Jenkins, & Van Roten. We'll be forced to trade him and then Jamal will play the victim card.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Yea that's where I stand. I've taken a lot of heat for my opinion but I really think Jamal doesn't want to be a Jet. Douglas will offer him the highest paid Safety contract, Jamal will decline saying he's more than just a safety. Douglas will stand his ground the way he did with Robby, Jenkins, & Van Roten. We'll be forced to trade him and then Jamal will play the victim card.

He'll compile all his tweets and write a book.  His narcissism will drive him to title it The Adams Chronicles 

• Like 1

I don't envision a scenario where Jamal agrees to take anything less than Mosley ($17mm) - His ego is way too big for that and quite frankly, he's the better player. 

Don't get me wrong, Mosley's great but he's not transcending his position or impacting the game to the extent Jamal is capable of. I think it's safe to assume his contract will be used as benchmark in negotiations with Adam's camp. 

• Like 1