Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

19 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Avery Williamson, someone who is soft-spoken and reserved, saying the same thing regarding Jamal says a lot

I wouldn't buy too much into it - All it says is that Jamal still has respect in the locker room, which sadly might upset some people on here but shouldn't come as a surprise.

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I wouldn't buy too much into it - All it says is that Jamal still has respect in the locker room, which sadly might upset some people on here but shouldn't come as a surprise.

And I don't buy this. If it was just a contract issue and he stood on that... than I'd agree. But he has requested a trade lets not forget. I think players are all for their fellow players getting paid. But to say you don't want to be with the team anymore is totally different. I think thats what will rub the locker room the wrong way. Lets also not forget that most teammates are smart enough to not "say the wrong thing" in the media regarding Adams. For example... if I were playing for the Jets and asked about adams and his contract and trade request. I'd say no comment and that's it. That doesnt mean I'm ok with him and his trade request. Its me not feeding into the media.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

And I don't buy this. If it was just a contract issue and he stood on that... than I'd agree. But he has requested a trade lets not forget. I think players are all for their fellow players getting paid. But to say you don't want to be with the team anymore is totally different. I think thats what will rub the locker room the wrong way. Lets also not forget that most teammates are smart enough to not "say the wrong thing" in the media regarding Adams. For example... if I were playing for the Jets and asked about adams and his contract and trade request. I'd say no comment and that's it. That doesnt mean I'm ok with him and his trade request. Its me not feeding into the media.

I can definitely see his actions rubbing some people the wrong way - reality is, that won't matter much if he's the same player we're accustomed to come Sundays. Notice, neither Avery or Bell took the 'neutral' stance you're referring to. What's that tell you? Especially Williamson, who is typically soft-spoken and thus more inclined to side-step the question? Indicates to me that there's still a lot of respect for Jamal in the locker room.

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I can definitely see his actions rubbing some people the wrong way - reality is, that won't matter much if he's the same player we're accustomed to come Sundays. Notice, neither Avery or Bell took the 'neutral' stance you're referring to. What's that tell you? Especially Williamson, who is typically soft-spoken and thus more inclined to side-step the question? Indicates to me that there's still a lot of respect for Jamal in the locker room.

Players won't criticize or talk about other players' contract issues (except Mayfield, who has zero regard for his teammates). Nor should they.  They all want each other to be paid more because it inflates the entire pay scale.  The trade demand was just our of frustration because Jamal knows that Douglas is not changing his contract this year.  Nor should he.  I expect Jamal to quiet down a bit because sooner or later he has to realize that the only weapon he has is antagonizing the team, the fans and his fellow players through social media rants, and it is not working nor will it with Joe Douglas.  Twitter is his only resource.  

Edited by dcat
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, dcat said:

Players won't criticize or talk about other players' contract issues (except Mayfield, who has zero regard for his teammates). Nor should they.  They all want each other to be paid more because it inflates the entire pay scale.  The trade demand was just our of frustration because Jamal knows that Douglas is not changing his contract this year.  Nor should he.  I expect Jamal to quiet down a bit because sooner or later he has to realize that the only weapon he has is antagonizing the team, the fans and his fellow players through social media rants, and it is not working nor will it with Joe Douglas.  Twitter is his only resource.  

Exactly. The thing is... while he's a hell of a player. I dont know if he's smart enough to ever realize what you have said. We will see.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, Bobby816 said:

Why he still got paid. If anything he’s tell him the opposite. He sat out a year and lost money sure. But he still got a big contract out of it. But Adams needs to be explained that RB is different than S

I meant in the sense that he sat out, ended up signing for less than the Steelers offered him and is now widely looked at as having lost a step and not the same player.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

I meant in the sense that he sat out, ended up signing for less than the Steelers offered him and is now widely looked at as having lost a step and not the same player.

Hard to say.   the average of age that begins to fall apart for RB is 28 years old.  Bell skipped NFL at 26 and returned at 27.  For safety, it perhaps is 29-30 years old. If Adams stupidly skipped NFL at 25 years old then he would still have a chance of not losing a step at 26.