Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

11 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

We aren’t releasing a 24 year old who’s the best player at his position in the entire league so that discussion can end now. We shouldn’t even trade him just pay the guy. I’m sick and tired of finally finding stars and just shipping them off like we’re a small market baseball team.

No one ever said you're releasing the best safety at 24 years old. 26 though that is a different matter.

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Remind me how you guys got Leveon Bell who was a 3 time all pro and only 27? Or how Charles Woodson went to the Packers? Desean Jackson? If you guys go big in FA which is not out of the question it CAN make him a cap casualty. 

Sure it's not common for this kind of stuff to happen. But I think you are fooling yourself if you say without a doubt that it can NEVER happen. 

Adams is great and I would love Adams, he is everything Roy Williams was supposed to be for my Cowboys and reminded me so much of him coming out of college but was just smarter. But Adams hasn't transcended the game in New York. You're right he's not Donald, or Kuechly or Polamulu or a JJ Watt. 

You better hope they don't let him walk, but reading some of those trade scenario's especially when you guys traded Shutdown Revis for barely more then a 1st is kind of out there in expectations in trade returns. 

Why would we trade a 24 year old all pro though when we can have him under team control for the next 3/4 years? 

This fascination with getting back a first round pick is idiotic to me also.

If I buy a business for $1 train it up and put all my effort, money and time why the **** would I then sell it for a $1? 

From the cowboys prospective could you elaborate how you could afford say $18m a year when your going to be paying top dollar for Cooper, Lawrence, Collins, Zeke, LVE,  T.Smith, Martin, Dak, J.Smith? 

If you can afford him surely to god we can!?! I’d love to be in the position Dallas are where they have superstars all over the place. 

You ******* stole KP6 of us don’t think your getting Jamal too 😎

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson, Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis, Gale Sayers, Earl Campbell.... I can keep going...

Not to mention our own in DBrickishaw Ferguson!!!

"wasn't tied to serious health problems" It was the same with Ferguson who retired due to concussion concerns. 

I guess you got me with Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson though playing in Detroit must be the equivalent of bashing your head against the wall year after year right? 

9 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yes great idea. Sends a great message to the new rookies we will draft. Ball out hit all pro by the age of 24 and we will ship you off to a team who will pay you what you deserve. Don’t worry though we will have all these mid round picks. 

But let’s say the Jets know now they aren’t willing to pay him what he wants. This is a real possibility. Why not trade him now? Why hold on to him knowing a year from now both sides will hold the same stance they do now? I’m just reading between the lines. Look what Jamal tweeted just last month. I don’t see the reason in prolonging it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Why would we trade a 24 year old all pro though when we can have him under team control for the next 3/4 years? 

This fascination with getting back a first round pick is idiotic to me also.

If I buy a business for $1 train it up and put all my effort, money and time why the **** would I then sell it for a $1? 

From the cowboys prospective could you elaborate how you could afford say $18m a year when your going to be paying top dollar for Cooper, Lawrence, Collins, Zeke, LVE,  T.Smith, Martin, Dak, J.Smith? 

If you can afford him surely to god we can!?! I’d love to be in the position Dallas are where they have superstars all over the place. 

You ******* stole KP6 of us don’t think your getting Jamal too 😎

KP6?

Stephen Jones is a notorious penny pincher.

I was just throwing up a hypothetical scenario in which he could walk I didn't say it would happen. 

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

But let’s say the Jets know now they aren’t willing to pay him what he wants. This is a real possibility. Why not trade him now? Why hold on to him knowing a year from now both sides will hold the same stance they do now? I’m just reading between the lines. Look what Jamal tweeted just last month. I don’t see the reason in prolonging it.

It hurts, believe me I know and we didn't even get anything when Byron Jones went to Miami. 

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

"wasn't tied to serious health problems" It was the same with Ferguson who retired due to concussion concerns. 

I guess you got me with Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson though playing in Detroit must be the equivalent of bashing your head against the wall year after year right? 

Their certainly is a trend starting in the nfl to retire earlier than players were in years past. So I do think it’s far fetched to expect every great player to play well into their 30s. If I had to bet... Martin continues to play at a pro bowl level for 2-3 more seasons. But I do expect at around 32yrs old he will start thinking about retirement or his play might decline (this isn’t even factoring him possibly getting injured). Now declining from all pro is still good.

But I still stand by that bc of his age... that’s why Adams is more valuable. I just don’t see how Dallas can afford him though. A player would have to be dealt to afford him it appears.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Their certainly is a trend starting in the nfl to retire earlier than players were in years past. So I do think it’s far fetched to expect every great player to play well into their 30s. If I had to bet... Martin continues to play at a pro bowl level for 2-3 more seasons. But I do expect at around 32yrs old he will start thinking about retirement or his play might decline (this isn’t even factoring him possibly getting injured). Now declining from all pro is still good.

But I still stand by that bc of his age... that’s why Adams is more valuable. I just don’t see how Dallas can afford him though. A player would have to be dealt to afford him it appears.

I disagree with 2-3 years but ok.

Well Dallas seems to think they can afford him. And Jones has a way of juggling contracts better then his father ever did who was an idiot. 

24 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yes great idea. Sends a great message to the new rookies we will draft. Ball out hit all pro by the age of 24 and we will ship you off to a team who will pay you what you deserve. Don’t worry though we will have all these mid round picks. 

This why I’m starting to be against spending high draft picks on defensive players. It’s not just the Jets. Seattle played hard ball with Earl Thomas. KC traded Buckner. You got Mack, Dee Ford, Ramsey... this list is long.

Teams are hesitant to spend $20 million on one defensive player. The Jets are always spending 1st on D which is why we see it more. It’s frustrating. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I disagree with 2-3 years but ok.

Well Dallas seems to think they can afford him. And Jones has a way of juggling contracts better then his father ever did who was an idiot. 

You guys barely as it is now have enough to sign your draft picks. Never mind taking on 18mill contract it will require to give Adams. Teams can finagle money around. But not nearly 20mill 

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It will never come to that 

Exactly. Jones is gone bc Dallas didn’t have enough money to pay everyone. Not bc of anything similar to this. Dallas would’ve paid Jones I believe if they could’ve (that’s why I think it will be hard to work a trade with them, they don’t have the money). 

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. Jones is gone bc Dallas didn’t have enough money to pay everyone. Not bc of anything similar to this. Dallas would’ve paid Jones I believe if they could’ve (that’s why I think it will be hard to work a trade with them, they don’t have the money). 

Jerry also knows Jones isn’t close to the level of player Adams is

46 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Remind me how you guys got Leveon Bell who was a 3 time all pro and only 27? Or how Charles Woodson went to the Packers? Desean Jackson? If you guys go big in FA which is not out of the question it CAN make him a cap casualty. 

A 27 year old running back who got the franchise tag TWICE.. Great comparison. Charles Woodson went to the Packers after how many seasons? Desean Jackson? Seriously? You're further proving the point that Jamal isn't walking anytime soon. 

50 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Adams is great and I would love Adams, he is everything Roy Williams was supposed to be for my Cowboys and reminded me so much of him coming out of college but was just smarter. But Adams hasn't transcended the game in New York. You're right he's not Donald, or Kuechly or Polamulu or a JJ Watt. 

He's been flat out dominate in New York. 2x All-Pro, captain and face of the franchise after three seasons - Safe to say his trajectory is along the lines of those mentioned above? Last season we finished with the 10th ranked defense (DOVA), please go look at our roster and tell me Jamal didn't transcend that defense. At times, he's been our best EDGE, CB, LB and S.  

• Like 1