Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

Revis also did not demand a trade as I remember.  He also did not public bid farewell to his teammates and fans.  He also did not submit a list of teams to trade him to.  I don't recall Revis saying much publicly but let his agent do so.  

Revis was way better at PR than Jamal but it didn't stop the 80% of the fanbase from throwing their hands in the air to call him selfish.

1 minute ago, Colt45fool said:

Revis was way better at PR than Jamal but it didn't stop the 80% of the fanbase from throwing their hands in the air to call him selfish.

Idk man. It was only a money thing with Revis and it was warranted. This Adams thing is personal because he doesn’t wanna be here. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Idk man. It was only a money thing with Revis and it was warranted. This Adams thing is personal because he doesn’t wanna be here. 

Maybe. 

Maybe hes a fair weather guy. I dont know him personally.

But a lot of guys are indifferent to who drafts them because that wasnt their team growing up. I'd love for everyone who wears the green and white to bleed it like they were born into a jet family like myself, but if not just helps us win when youre here. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Exactly.  A lot easier for the fan base too forgive a player for holding out because he outplayed the contract, is the best at his position and wants to be paid.  

Personally, I was upset with Revis when he held out but was excited when he came back.  

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I am dying to hear what all of this is stemming from.  You don't just magically wake up one day and act like a two year old to get traded.

I think Jamal and his generation would frankly.  No offense to any millennials on the board but the generation of participation trophies are not to good at problem solving and emotional intelligence IMO.  

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

Yeah I mean I think as fans we all feel that players should love the team like we do but that’s very rarely the case. What you do find though are players who buy in to the whole thing; team, city, fans etc. Jamal has officially checked out of that now. And for me there’s no going back most of the time...however.....

In 2010 Manchester United’s star player (24 years old at the time too!) Wayne Rooney handed in an official transfer request. Wanted to play for our rivals too. In the end he got a new contract and became our all time leading goal scorer. 

Yeah, I could only hope things would change and we're happy on both sides but I doubt it. 

I feel like we have the right GM who can actually scout and knows what type of players he wants. So I'm hoping he's given a chance to build this team and hopefully turn us into a legit franchise. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

I think Jamal and his generation would frankly.  No offense to any millennials on the board but the generation of participation trophies are not to good at problem solving and emotional intelligence IMO.  

The participation trophies were for for the parents, not the kids.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I am dying to hear what all of this is stemming from.  You don't just magically wake up one day and act like a two year old to get traded.

Last season's trade deadline.   Adams was kind of expecting JD not to answer/counter to any offers for him because JD claimed that Jets had best safety tandem that he shouldn't break apart.  Not exact words but close enough. Then boom, according to media (whether or not JD actually did it) JD responded to a several trading offers by asking for more juice in those trades. Adams was offended by that because he was supposedly to be untounchable at all ( in other words, JD should reject all trades no matter what). 

Use me as an example,  I won't trade Adams for anything less than 3 1st round picks. That means I would keep saying no to all that are lesser until the offer is met.  I would not counter to any lesser offer to meet my demand.  That sound better, right?

Also, JD made hints that he would want to alter the roster basing on positions in financial sense.  Remember how upset was Gase at overspending on LB and RB. Gase and JD were on the same boat so it may suggest that Jets didn't want to overpay S at all.

Adams' asking for ridiculous 20m suggests that he is done with Jets as JD made no effort to humor Adams. Basically.

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I love that the same generation that invented and handed out participation trophies uses the fact that they gave their kids participation trophies as a way to insult them...

It's cool though, Just go ahead and feel free to throw around outlandish stereotypes and insult entire generation of people.

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Last season's trade deadline.   Adams was kind of expecting JD not to answer/counter to any offers for him because JD claimed that Jets had best safety tandem that he shouldn't break apart.  Not exact words but close enough. Then boom, according to media (whether or not JD actually did it) JD responded to a several trading offers by asking for more juice in those trades. Adams was offended by that because he was supposedly to be untounchable at all ( in other words, JD should reject all trades no matter what). 

Use me as an example,  I won't trade Adams for anything less than 3 1st round picks. That means I would keep saying no to all that are lesser until the offer is met.  I would not counter to any lesser offer to meet my demand.  That sound better, right?

Also, JD made hints that he would want to alter the roster basing on positions in financial sense.  Remember how upset was Gase at overspending on LB and RB. Gase and JD were on the same boat so it may suggest that Jets didn't want to overpay S at all.

Adams' asking for ridiculous 20m suggests that he is done with Jets as JD made no effort to humor Adams. Basically.

Gase wanted Mosley and for good reason, Mosley’s 3 quarters against Buffalo were Godly. 

The money we are spending on Bell could be 3 Backs and a Receiver or two quality OL. 

• Like 1

I think we are all educated enough to realize contracts are handed out at certain times for good reason. A GM looks to the future (doesn't matter that we have a different GM). We gave Mosley and Bell money knowing that we had no one to pay for awhile. Adams was included in that bc he was just finishing his 2nd year of pretty much a 5 year deal. They probably wouldn't have spent as much in 2019 if they thought they were going to extend him in the next couple years. The main thing is still the thing. Is that he's asking for this a whole year early. As we've all said... barely anyone from that whole draft class is getting extended. And there's plenty of good guys from that class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we are all educated enough to realize contracts are handed out at certain times for good reason. A GM looks to the future (doesn't matter that we have a different GM). We gave Mosley and Bell money knowing that we had no one to pay for awhile. Adams was included in that bc he was just finishing his 2nd year of pretty much a 5 year deal. They probably wouldn't have spent as much in 2019 if they thought they were going to extend him in the next couple years. The main thing is still the thing. Is that he's asking for this a whole year early. As we've all said... barely anyone from that whole draft class is getting extended. And there's plenty of good guys from that class.

I disagree about the Bell and Mosley thing.  Mac gave them those ridiculous contracts because he was in panic mode to try and save his job. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think it was a combo of both.  Mac was desparate to get talent in by any means necessary and we didn't have anyone to pay for a few years.  Guy just flat out sucked lol.

Agreed, but to hand out ridiculous contracts because you do not have anyone on your current roster due money in a couple of years is so shortsighted.  In fact, it would be considered legally blind.   It is not like we had a roster ready for the Superbowl.  We could of used that money to fix glaring weaknesses (caused by Mac and his predecessors) the following year, and the year after that.  He saw the writing on the wall, which is about the only correct thing he has ever seen, and was trying to make one last-ditch effort to move this franchise in the right direction.  A noble gesture, but an ILB and RB were not the way to go.  Macmcdumbass.