Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

I disagree about the Bell and Mosley thing.  Mac gave them those ridiculous contracts because he was in panic mode to try and save his job. 

I think it was both. He knew we needed talent even if it meant overpaying AND as I said we didn’t have to pay anyone for awhile.

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I'm super fine with paying Mosley - it's not like we're gonna be paying anyone else

Until we need to and that albatross contract is a hindrance.  Sam is due in 2021? but I don't think we can escape Mosley until 2022.  And lets not forget that Mosley's contract could be a part of the JA soap opera.  Ask yourself, if JD was in charge at the time and we did not sign Bell and Mosley, we would have more available $ to extend JA.  Would we be in this current **** show?

11 minutes ago, xrade said:

Until we need to and that albatross contract is a hindrance.  Sam is due in 2021? but I don't think we can escape Mosley until 2022.  And lets not forget that Mosley's contract could be a part of the JA soap opera.  Ask yourself, if JD was in charge at the time and we did not sign Bell and Mosley, we would have more available $ to extend JA.  Would we be in this current **** show?

1 big contract on our books is not going to hinder us to do anything else we need to do

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agreed, but to hand out ridiculous contracts because you do not have anyone on your current roster due money in a couple of years is so shortsighted.  In fact, it would be considered legally blind.   It is not like we had a roster ready for the Superbowl.  We could of used that money to fix glaring weaknesses (caused by Mac and his predecessors) the following year, and the year after that.  He saw the writing on the wall, which is about the only correct thing he has ever seen, and was trying to make one last-ditch effort to move this franchise in the right direction.  A noble gesture, but an ILB and RB were not the way to go.  Macmcdumbass.

I don't think a GM whose job is on the line cares about what shape the team is in 2-5 years later.  He's better off making his NFL salary with a bad team than not having that NFL salary.

BTW, what do these guys do once they get fired? I guess they can live off the couple of mil they've made but I'd be curious to where most of these guys go if they don't grab a lesser position.

11 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

The participation trophies were for for the parents, not the kids.

IDK ... has created a generation of people who feel like they should be reward for doing the bare min... I am an employer and employees feel like you owe them because they show up for work (Have many friends who own business too that support that).  Additionally sends the message that the competition does not mean much.  Life is not fair and even less fair if you don't put in the effort - this generation is always expecting a reward even if they did not earn it  .... just IMO

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, drew39k said:

I love that the same generation that invented and handed out participation trophies uses the fact that they gave their kids participation trophies as a way to insult them...

It's cool though, Just go ahead and feel free to throw around outlandish stereotypes and insult entire generation of people.

Whatever - sorry you took offense but that proves my point.  We can differ in opinion without taking it as insult .. that is what is great about freedom of speech.  And I never handed out nor received a participation trophy nor invented it.  I only received trophies for my or my teams success.  

Edited by JetsFan15

54 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agreed, but to hand out ridiculous contracts because you do not have anyone on your current roster due money in a couple of years is so shortsighted.  In fact, it would be considered legally blind.   It is not like we had a roster ready for the Superbowl.  We could of used that money to fix glaring weaknesses (caused by Mac and his predecessors) the following year, and the year after that.  He saw the writing on the wall, which is about the only correct thing he has ever seen, and was trying to make one last-ditch effort to move this franchise in the right direction.  A noble gesture, but an ILB and RB were not the way to go.  Macmcdumbass.

Mosley was signed as much for his leadership and locker room presences as for his on field play.  Did we over pay - most likely.  But as @KingOfTheDot stated his first 3 quarters where unreal and how that D changed when he left tells a big story.    

39 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

IDK ... has created a generation of people who feel like they should be reward for doing the bare min... I am an employer and employees feel like you owe them because they show up for work (Have many friends who own business too that support that).  Additionally sends the message that the competition does not mean much.  Life is not fair and even less fair if you don't put in the effort - this generation is always expecting a reward even if they did not earn it  .... just IMO

I won't get into the whole debate about which generation had things handed to them. But speaking on topic, Jamal isn't a kid who grew up winning participation trophies. He's probably won 95% of games in any sport he played up until the NFL, where he's dominated among the best of the best. He's a true competitor and 100% earned his contract with his play, but this is less about effort and more about procedure/honor. You signed a contract, play it through and negotiate when everyone else does - you don't go full AB on a team that has two years of control.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

BTW, what do these guys do once they get fired? I guess they can live off the couple of mil they've made but I'd be curious to where most of these guys go if they don't grab a lesser position.

I think Mac opened a coffee shop in Peru. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I don't think a GM whose job is on the line cares about what shape the team is in 2-5 years later.  He's better off making his NFL salary with a bad team than not having that NFL salary.

Exactly my point.  He was going for broke and Mc****ed it up.

24 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I won't get into the whole debate about which generation had things handed to them. But speaking on topic, Jamal isn't a kid who grew up winning participation trophies. He's probably won 95% of games in any sport he played up until the NFL, where he's dominated among the best of the best. He's a true competitor and 100% earned his contract with his play, but this is less about effort and more about procedure/honor. You signed a contract, play it through and negotiate when everyone else does - you don't go full AB on a team that has two years of control.

On the surface I agree about Jamal.  But his actions speak of a non competitor.  He is unwilling (despite lip service when drafted) to dedicate himself to change the NYJ franchise after only 3 years and not fulfilling his first contract.  Being a competitor is not just running around full speed and making plays on game day it is much more.  Refer you to "The Last Dance".  Jordan did not abandon the Bulls because they were under .500 his first three years and he was not happy.     He became part of the solution not the problem.  Become the leader, changed his game and lifted his team mates.  I'll acknowledge that is easier in the NBA for one guy to do but the attitude can be the same.  JA seems to want no part of being part of the solution.  I am not talking about wanting more money I am talking about all the other stuff on twitter recently.   

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

1 big contract on our books is not going to hinder us to do anything else we need to do

Probably not, but the point is the insanity of Mac and why he did what he did.  I am on the panic train or at least a combo of panic/no major signings due.  I still think if Mosley was paid a more reasonable contract, say 13-14 mil, maybe JA would have only asked for 15 mil.  Then this whole argument could of gone both ways.  In fact, maybe JD would of extended him by now.  Ah, we will never know.

Can I least get a Mac sucked in here.

Just now, xrade said:

Probably not, but the point is the insanity of Mac and why he did what he did.  I am on the panic train or at least a combo of panic/no major signings due.  I still think if Mosley was paid a more reasonable contract, say 13-14 mil, maybe JA would have only asked for 15 mil.  Then this whole argument could of gone both ways.  In fact, maybe JD would of extended him by now.  Ah, we will never know.

Yes, Macc was a fool

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

If Jamal is asking for 20+ then I say Mosley's contract is not a factor.