Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

16 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

If Jamal is asking for 20+ then I say Mosley's contract is not a factor. 

Mosley's cap number is $17.5, highest on the team.  Since JA thinks he is a god, asking for 2 mil more is not outlandish relatively speaking.  If Mosley's cap was, say, $13 mil and Jamal wanted $15, would this have been a big issue this year?  I don't know.  Just posing a question.

Do we even know what we offered Robby?  If JA is really using this then he definitely has a screw loose.  Robby was a FA that had a limited skill set and was over paid because of a weak WR market.

Edited by xrade

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Do we even know what we offered Robby and what he received?  If JA is really using this then he definitely has a screw loose.  Robby was a FA that had a limited skill set and was over paid because of a weak WR market.

Robby wasn't over-paid at all - he took a cheap deal bc of the strong WR draft-class

It's something to look at. Robby is a home-grown player and Sam Darnold-favorite, who again, is young and has improved every year he has been here (so I don't want to hear that his skill-set is limited), and the Jets can't offer $2M+ more to re-sign him. That's a bad look no matter how you want to cut it.

Other players pay attention to details like this

15 minutes ago, xrade said:

Mosley's cap number is $17.5, highest on the team.  Since JA thinks he is a god, asking for 2 mil more is not outlandish relatively speaking.  If Mosley's cap was, say, $13 mil and Jamal wanted $15, would this have been a big issue this year?  I don't know.  Just posing a question.

I get you .. I just don't think given JA has put himself in the same class as Brady and Donald that he is looking to be teh highest paid Jet.  I think he is looking to be one of the highest paid Defensive players in the NFL.  That is why I don't think Mosley's contract is even in his mind. But who knows.   

9 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Robby wasn't over-paid at all - he took a cheap deal bc of the strong WR draft-class

It's something to look at. Robby is a home-grown player and Sam Darnold-favorite, who again, is young and has improved every year he has been here (so I don't want to hear that his skill-set is limited), and the Jets can't offer $2M+ more to re-sign him. That's a bad look no matter how you want to cut it.

I can see your point.  I, for one, wanted to keep Robby.  I will disagree on his skill set.  I think Perriman who is make $3.5 less than Robby may be a good replacement skill set-wise.

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

IDK ... has created a generation of people who feel like they should be reward for doing the bare min... I am an employer and employees feel like you owe them because they show up for work (Have many friends who own business too that support that).  Additionally sends the message that the competition does not mean much.  Life is not fair and even less fair if you don't put in the effort - this generation is always expecting a reward even if they did not earn it  .... just IMO

10000% agree! Kids come out of high school or college expecting to make money.

In college I was making $7-10 an hour and my first few years after college was $12-15. Had to put in 10-12 hour days to pay loans and rent. Many kids/younger generations these days don't have responsibilities or accountability. If you try hold theming them accountable you are "mean" lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I can see your point.  I, for one, wanted to keep Robby.  I will disagree on his skill set.  I think Perriman who is make $3.5 less than Robby may be a good replacement skill set-wise.

I like Perriman too and I think their respective potentials are similar

Its a continuity, loyalty, and home-grown thing that posters on this board may over-look, but I don't think should be/are in reality

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

10000% agree! Kids come out of high school or college expecting to make money.

In college I was making $7-10 an hour and my first few years after college was $12-15. Had to put in 10-12 hour days to pay loans and rent. Many kids/younger generations these days don't have responsibilities or accountability. If you try hold theming them accountable you are "mean" lol.

Yup. Kids think college alone is hard work. And think bc they have a degree they should hit the ground running. The dont want to do hard work. College is not hard work. They need life unfortunately to kick them down to realize this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bianconero said:

I like Perriman too and I think their respective potentials are similar

Its a continuity, loyalty, and home-grown thing that posters on this board may over-look, but I don't think should be/are in reality

Which is part of the reason why I believe home grown talent should count 4/5ths against the cap or "whatever fair number" is decided.  Teams should not be penalized for drafting well or for drafting two safeties in the same draft.  They should get penalized for handing big FA contracts out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup. Kids think college alone is hard work. And think bc they have a degree they should hit the ground running. The dont want to do hard work. College is not hard work. They need life unfortunately to kick them down to realize this. 

The sad part is their mindset holds them back from making so much more money and being more successful down the road. Same thing with Jamal, he keeps quite and has another first team All Pro, maybe top 5 Jets defense and he has a much better case for $20+

Even people my age I've seen them just settle into anything they can find that pays the bills off the bat and then they coast.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, xrade said:

Do we even know what we offered Robby?  If JA is really using this then he definitely has a screw loose.  Robby was a FA that had a limited skill set and was over paid because of a weak WR market.

Per Boomer, the Jets offered him a 4yr $40 mil contract. Robby preferred a shorter term deal. What’s not known is the guaranteed portion. But even if it was a low gtd, Robby’s current contract is a glorified 1 year deal. 

22 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I don't think they felt Robby was a long term solution at WR.  Don't think it was the money - don't think Gase or JD believe he is a #1.  

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Per Boomer, the Jets offered him a 4yr $40 mil contract. Robby preferred a shorter term deal. What’s not known is the guaranteed portion. But even if it was a low gtd, Robby’s current contract is a glorified 1 year deal. 

In all honestly. with the current state of affairs, Robby is probably upset that he didn't take that $40M now

4 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

In all honestly. with the current state of affairs, Robby is probably upset that he didn't take that $40M now

I agree. But players who are in that 25-27 range are now preferring shorter term deals so they can get another contract before they turn 30. Unless you’re a RB or Corner. Those guys need to just cash in.

Should the Jets have gone with a 2 year deal? I think so. But I’m also excited to see Perriman. I think he will be a better match with Darnold. If Darnold’s deep ball accuracy doesn’t improve, having guys like Mims and Perriman who can go up and fight for the ball is a big plus.

Edited by SDotNova