Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup. Kids think college alone is hard work. And think bc they have a degree they should hit the ground running. The dont want to do hard work. College is not hard work. They need life unfortunately to kick them down to realize this. 

It’s not all but I have had a couple young people at work act as though the world revolves around them. It’s shocking. Like you don’t know what it’s like to go through a recession. Put your head down and work. I graduated in 2005 and experienced the financial crisis up close. It was awful. The current recession is awful as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I agree. But players who are in that 25-27 range are now preferring shorter term deals so they can get another contract before they turn 30. Unless you’re a RB or Corner. Those guys need to just cash in.

Should the Jets have gone with a 2 year deal? I think so. But I’m also excited to see Perriman. I think he will be a better match with Darnold. If Darnold’s deep ball accuracy doesn’t improve, having guys like Mims and Perriman who can go up and fight for the ball is a big plus.

NFL is a game of trends. This seems to be the trend now. But all it will take is a few big names getting injured on those shorter deals where it hurts them. And it will go back to longer deals again.

• Like 1

The NHL is a longer career but these guys are now signing big deals at like 21,22,23 and then hitting FA at 27,28,29 and hoping for a second LTD and big pay day. Athletes are doing what they can to get paid. All sports are getting younger and faster so these guys want to get paid earlier and earlier.

22 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Per Boomer, the Jets offered him a 4yr $40 mil contract. Robby preferred a shorter term deal. What’s not known is the guaranteed portion. But even if it was a low gtd, Robby’s current contract is a glorified 1 year deal. 

If wanting a one or two year deal was the issue so he can possibly get a much larger deal, then I respect Robby for betting on himself.  I agree with Bianconero that I prefer to keep homegrown talent and sometimes it is a bad look when you fight over pennies.  I do not think this has much to do with JA.

• Like 1

I was an advocate for keeping Robby and still bringing in Perriman and drafting a WR(Mims). Robby on a short term deal would have been fine but I understand Joe wanting a long term team friendly deal. 

Robby is in the wrong place tho for his skill set. Teddy’s atm can’t stretch the field deep so Robby will have to show he can win in the intermediate game and across the field. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I was an advocate for keeping Robby and still bringing in Perriman and drafting a WR(Mims). Robby on a short term deal would have been fine but I understand Joe wanting a long term team friendly deal. 

Robby is in the wrong place tho for his skill set. Teddy’s atm can’t stretch the field deep so Robby will have to show he can win in the intermediate game and across the field. 

Which IMO he cant do at the level he is getting paid for (I believe he's the 25th highest paid WR)

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I'm interested to see what Rhule does bc I agree - Curtis Samuel is so under-rated

Just now, Bianconero said:

Bro, that is nothing

That's paying him as a #1 WR IMO. There's more than 25 teams in the NFL. So that's what he commanded. No one trick pony should be getting paid that much. I all along said I'd be ok with paying him around that 9 mill range (which is what he got). But fact is he isn't nearly as good as the names all around the guys getting paid what he is. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

On the surface I agree about Jamal.  But his actions speak of a non competitor.  He is unwilling (despite lip service when drafted) to dedicate himself to change the NYJ franchise after only 3 years and not fulfilling his first contract.  Being a competitor is not just running around full speed and making plays on game day it is much more.  Refer you to "The Last Dance".  Jordan did not abandon the Bulls because they were under .500 his first three years and he was not happy.     He became part of the solution not the problem.  Become the leader, changed his game and lifted his team mates.  I'll acknowledge that is easier in the NBA for one guy to do but the attitude can be the same.  JA seems to want no part of being part of the solution.  I am not talking about wanting more money I am talking about all the other stuff on twitter recently.   

It probably helped that Jordan became the #5 highest paid player in the NBA after his 3rd year in: https://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/misc/salaries89.txt

Not to mention despite an average record, the Bulls were a playoff team, and the glaringly obvious point that Jordan could be the sole reason his team wins a championship.

Unfortunately for Adams, he only plays one side of the ball. If Adam's is going to win a ring, he needs to be on a complete team. Him being a "competitor" isn't going to change that, but I think think this is more about money than medal. This is a game where one hit could end your career. He knows the only thing between him and a huge payday is his rookie contract. He's just going about it the wrong way.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

That's paying him as a #1 WR IMO. There's more than 25 teams in the NFL. So that's what he commanded. No one trick pony should be getting paid that much. I all along said I'd be ok with paying him around that 9 mill range (which is what he got). But fact is he isn't nearly as good as the names all around the guys getting paid what he is. 

That's a very black and white way of looking at it

• Like 1