Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No IMO. Exactly what he should have said is... "he's a damn good football player and I'm just a coordinator, so I won't comment any more than that."

Why in the world would he utter the words “I’m just a coordinator?” Lol that’s ridiculous 

he gave the player a little rub and didn’t go into details about the contract situation. There’s nothing wrong with what he said.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

You have to think that Joe prepped Gregg on any Jamal related questions so Gregg "having Jamal's back" is interesting to say the least

I really doubt it honestly. I don’t think JD is telling a vet coach like GW how to answer media questions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why in the world would he utter the words “I’m just a coordinator?” Lol that’s ridiculous 

he gave the player a little rub and didn’t go into details about the contract situation. There’s nothing wrong with what he said.

Bc he is. That's a GM (or even owners) job to discuss contracts. Not a coordinator. So that's why he would say that.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc he is. That's a GM (or even owners) job to discuss contracts. Not a coordinator. So that's why he would say that.

And he didn’t discuss the contract. I guarantee you no one with the Jets has any issue with what he said, at all.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

And he didn’t discuss the contract. I guarantee you no one with the Jets has any issue with what he said, at all.

I didn't say I thought what he said was wrong or right. I just said what I think he "should have said"

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

GW said exactly what he should of said 

I agree 100%. Anything less would have caused additional controversy or caused us to lose leverage. Jamal is on his defense and will be asked to run through walls. You can’t **** on him if you’re his coach. Gregg Williams is awesome. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think GW was saying that he doesn’t want to interfere with Adams contract talks and that anything he says could negatively impact his value. He has Adams back in making sure he gets paid what he’s worth. 

I might be wrong tho. 

Yea it could be that .. its a weird thing that can be taken a few ways out of context to say "you never mess with a guy's contract".  Leaves a lot to the imagination without hearing the entire dialog.  It can infer the Jets are messing with the contract.  It can infer what you said.  Need the context to understand what he meant though. 

Personally like @Bobby816 indicated I would have liked a little different response if I am Gase, JD and the Johnson.  Something like.  "Jamal is a stud football player and leader on D.  I don't touch talking about guy's contracts since I don't have the responsibility here - thanks goodness.  I just know I enjoy coaching Jamal and want to continue doing that." 

But again I have not seen the entire interview if there is even one out there. 

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 1