Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I just don’t see only Dallas interested with rumors floating around about him being traded.

Hopefully as this will increase his value.

I just feel like the difference in value between pick 10 and 17 is huge and the Browns could get more for OBJ elsewhere. If Cleveland offered that you obviously take it without hesitation. 

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I don't see how any of these trade scenario's are even remotely possible. What team would spend any of that on a safety?

Adams could just as well be released next year without any trade taking place for him anyways much like the COwboys did with Byron Jones if it's a discussion right now that he's even tradable. He is going to be coming with a 15M dollar market value and on top of that the team who gets him needs to work out that new contract, so the guy who made that video thinks he's worth a 4th straight up? He's a safety, not a Corner, or a LT like Marquee player Tyron Smith who just made the all-decade team. The Jets already know he's not worth that type of value. They already tried with Dallas last year and asked for a ridiculous return in which they were turned down on. 

If they don't come down in asking price significantly or if they don't pony up they could be looking at moving on from him next year in which case a team like Dallas who he loves will just get him for free. 

This is so wildly uniformed, no offense. 

We aren't releasing a 24yr old 2x All-Pro face of the franchise when we have nobody else that needs to be paid - This is so egregious.. You can put that fantasy to rest.  

Jamal isn't signing anywhere for $15mm, if so a deal would be done. He's made it clear he expects to be paid in the ballpark of $20mm, his floor is probably closer to $16mm.

He's without question a marquee player, you can put your preconceived notion of positional value aside. I've said it 100x - There are certain generational players capable of transcending the game in such a way that their impact can't be quantified by the constraints of said position: Think Aaron Donald (No he's not Donald), Luke Kuechly or more appropriately Troy Polamalu. 

In reality, you're probably right that we're over valuing Jamal - It's our nature as fans. You're completely off to think we essentially give him away or let him walk though. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

We aren't releasing a 24yr old 2x All-Pro face of the franchise when we have nobody else that needs to be paid - This is so egregious.. You can put that fantasy to rest.  

Not to mention, he has a 5th year option and we can tag him twice. Adams isn't going to be released.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s a 5yr age difference though. Where Martin probably only has a few good years left. Adams is all pro and hasn’t even played his best football yet and has 8+ years of good football ahead of him. Martin turns 30 this season and Adams only turns 25 this season. (Both in the middle of the season).

Only a few? Yanda retired just this year. Whitworth is still playing, there are still quite a few elite talents playing at a high level well into their late 30s. 

I would venture to say he has more then a "few" good years. Asking for a first on top of him is outlandish. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Only a few? Yanda retired just this year. Whitworth is still playing, there are still quite a few elite talents playing at a high level well into their late 30s. 

I would venture to say he has more then a "few" good years. Asking for a first on top of him is outlandish. 

Yes it’s completely logical to think he doesn’t want to play until he’s in his late 30s. As well as to expect the quality of his play to be all pro as he aged is far fetched as well.

He’s in the backend of his prime (while still in his prime). While Adams hasn’t even hit his prime and is all pro

27 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Jamal isn't signing anywhere for $15mm, if so a deal would be done. He's made it clear he expects to be paid in the ballpark of $20mm, his floor is probably closer to $16mm.

He's without question a marquee player, you can put your preconceived notion of positional value aside. I've said it 100x - There are certain generational players capable of transcending the game in such a way that their impact can't be quantified by the constraints of said position: Think Aaron Donald (No he's not Donald), Luke Kuechly or more appropriately Troy Polamalu. 

In reality, you're probably right that we're over valuing Jamal - It's our nature as fans. You're completely off to think we essentially give him away or let him walk though. 

Remind me how you guys got Leveon Bell who was a 3 time all pro and only 27? Or how Charles Woodson went to the Packers? Desean Jackson? If you guys go big in FA which is not out of the question it CAN make him a cap casualty. 

Sure it's not common for this kind of stuff to happen. But I think you are fooling yourself if you say without a doubt that it can NEVER happen. 

Adams is great and I would love Adams, he is everything Roy Williams was supposed to be for my Cowboys and reminded me so much of him coming out of college but was just smarter. But Adams hasn't transcended the game in New York. You're right he's not Donald, or Kuechly or Polamulu or a JJ Watt. 

You better hope they don't let him walk, but reading some of those trade scenario's especially when you guys traded Shutdown Revis for barely more then a 1st is kind of out there in expectations in trade returns. 

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes it’s completely logical to think he doesn’t want to play until he’s in his late 30s. As well as to expect the quality of his play to be all pro as he aged is far fetched as well.

He’s in the backend of his prime (while still in his prime). While Adams hasn’t even hit his prime and is all pro

What NFL player has ever walked away when they are still playing at an elite level that wasn't tied to serious health problems or off the field problems?

We aren’t releasing a 24 year old who’s the best player at his position in the entire league so that discussion can end now. We shouldn’t even trade him just pay the guy. I’m sick and tired of finally finding stars and just shipping them off like we’re a small market baseball team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Remind me how you guys got Leveon Bell who was a 3 time all pro and only 27? Or how Charles Woodson went to the Packers? Desean Jackson? If you guys go big in FA which is not out of the question it CAN make him a cap casualty. 

Sure it's not common for this kind of stuff to happen. But I think you are fooling yourself if you say without a doubt that it can NEVER happen. 

Adams is great and I would love Adams, he is everything Roy Williams was supposed to be for my Cowboys and reminded me so much of him coming out of college but was just smarter. But Adams hasn't transcended the game in New York. You're right he's not Donald, or Kuechly or Polamulu or a JJ Watt. 

You better hope they don't let him walk, but reading some of those trade scenario's especially when you guys traded Shutdown Revis for barely more then a 1st is kind of out there in expectations in trade returns. 

Leveon bell is a running back the most expendable position in football. Woodson played 8 years in Oakland and was way older than Adams. And desean Jackson was part of the chip Kelly mess.Horrible comparisons.

Edited by Greene N White
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

What NFL player has ever walked away when they are still playing at an elite level that wasn't tied to serious health problems or off the field problems?

Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson, Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis, Gale Sayers, Earl Campbell.... I can keep going...

Not to mention our own in DBrickishaw Ferguson!!!

5 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Just curious, are you a Cowboys fan, Jets fan, or neither?

Jet fan, BUT Adams wants to go to Dallas and Dallas stepped up to the plate last year.

The only draw back was the Jets were asking too much. Douglas should strike

while the iron is hot. Get as many picks as you can or trade him for a Top 5 pick in this years draft, 

Keeping the 11th pick draft back for more picks and still pick up a much needed WR.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Y’all were rumored to have offered a 1st and a 5th. One of those trade sceneries with Dallas is a 1st and 3rd. We said no. Thinking y’all don’t have to give up a 1st when Jerry already offered more than that seems far fetched. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 minute ago, Big T said:

Jet fan, BUT Adams wants to go to Dallas and Dallas stepped up to the plate last year.

while the iron is hot. Get as many picks as you can or trade him for a Top 5 pick in this years draft, 

Keeping the 11th pick draft back for more picks and still pick up a much needed WR.

I agree that now is the time to move him if we don’t plan on paying him. And the writing seems to be on the wall that the Jets don’t want to meet his price unfortunately. I don’t see why either camp would make any noise about this if this wasn’t the situation we are looking at. I get he has two years left on his deal. But if the Jets have expressed legitimate interest to him they will take care of him he shouldn’t be holding out this early for money reasons. I’m down to pay him, but there’s a snag somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Big T said:

Yes great idea. Sends a great message to the new rookies we will draft. Ball out hit all pro by the age of 24 and we will ship you off to a team who will pay you what you deserve. Don’t worry though we will have all these mid round picks.