Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

Jets have leverage,  i say unless we get a really good trade just keep him and if he wants to holdout let him burn himself. 

We have him for 2 years and then can franchise tag him.

I'm behind Joe Douglas,  I have faith he'll handle this well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Don't think the reporter is legit. But if true. What package would you guys want?

For me give me Aiyuk and Ford for Adams.

That would be a good trade. Them losing Deebo makes it tough for them to part with a WR though. It also doesn’t necessarily help them this year if the goal is to go all in. We’d likely have to throw in a mid rounder in that trade. Either a 3rd or 4th. 

Id do something like Adams and 4th for Ford and a 1st.

Edited by SDotNova

Funny, but if you look at the teams he would accept (lol) a trade to, all of them made the playoffs and are contenders with so so / cheap safety tandems. Why would he think they’d need  him, give up multiple assets or pay him 20 mil. He’s in a way hurting his argument for a team breaking the bank to sign him. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Funny, but if you look at the teams he would accept (lol) a trade to, all of them made the playoffs and are contenders with so so / cheap safety tandems. Why would he think they’d need  him, give up multiple assets or pay him 20 mil. He’s in a way hurting his argument for a team breaking the bank to sign him. 

He’s done nothing but hurt himself this entire ordeal 

• Like 1

“I think sometimes that goes to show a little bit of a younger player not realizing the business side,” Mangold said on The Zach Gelb Show. “People get traded all the time. It’s nothing personal. It’s a business. If you’re going to be upset about a team taking a phone call [about a potential trade], it’s going to be a rough go, I think, through a career as an NFL player.”

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/articles/former-jets-all-pro-nick-mangold-has-advice-for-jamal-adams

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

“I think sometimes that goes to show a little bit of a younger player not realizing the business side,” Mangold said on The Zach Gelb Show. “People get traded all the time. It’s nothing personal. It’s a business. If you’re going to be upset about a team taking a phone call [about a potential trade], it’s going to be a rough go, I think, through a career as an NFL player.”

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/articles/former-jets-all-pro-nick-mangold-has-advice-for-jamal-adams

But Cromartie said...

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Don't think the reporter is legit. But if true. What package would you guys want?

For me give me Aiyuk and Ford for Adams.

Grant Cohn is legit in that he is a beat reporter for the niners, but I've never seen or heard of him breaking transactional news or show evidence of having sources within the organization to indicate he had knowledge of things that are going to happen. He's a biased, hot takes type beat writer. No niner fan likes him. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Grant Cohn is legit in that he is a beat reporter for the niners, but I've never seen or heard of him breaking transactional news or show evidence of having sources within the organization to indicate he had knowledge of things that are going to happen. He's a biased, hot takes type beat writer. No niner fan likes him. 

Good to know. Thank you.

What do you think is a relative trade package you’d send to us? Remember if the other isn’t great we will just keep him. So it’s have to be something great.

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Good to know. Thank you.

What do you think is a relative trade package you’d send to us? Remember if the other isn’t great we will just keep him. So it’s have to be something great.

I think there is about 0.2% type chance that the 49ers are in on this at all. It's fun to talk about as fans, but I don't think it's legit that we would be involved even a little. I don't see how a team trades Buckner because of a money crunch and then immediately gives up assets to secure a guy who needs a big money deal at a lower valued position in a spot we don't need help at.

Tartt is a quality safety... Not great, but he's good andthe defense had a lot of problems last year without him. He's not a problem, nor is the position. There are bigger issues the team could address.

I don't think there's any real chance the niners are in this at all