Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

If Adams makes the adjustments and calls plays like Polumalu did? Oh hell yea, theres never a shortage of need for a field general. Though I'll admit as much I've never heard of him calling switching up the defense and constantly putting people in the right place to succeed like our Sean Lee does. Plus you don't build around a safety actually I would say you don't build around any defensive player in this day in age, he opens up things up for you to allow your defense to make a multitude of adjustments without ever having to take him off the field. 

I've already stated I love Adams, he has Texas roots and deserves to be in Texas IMO. But I haven't seen anything worth a Khalil Mack type trade or Ramsey type trade from him even as great as he is. And I just looked it up the Cowboys offered a 1st and Anthony Brown or a 3rd round pick for Adams and were turned down cause the Jets expected at least 2 more 2nds for him. I wouldn't do that, not even for Adams. 

Yeah bless him. Being stuck in such a ****hole. How sad for him. If only the great cowboys can come and save the day. Take him back home Jerry. Be a hero!! 

• Like 1

Just now, xenajets said:

Yeah bless him. Being stuck in such a ****hole. How sad for him. If only the great cowboys can come and save the day. Take him back home Jerry. Be a hero!! 

Lol you misread what I wrote. I wasn't trying to say New York is a bad place to live although currently that's up for debate. But people a draw to the place where they grew up and like Lebron growing up and getting drafted by his home town team there is a certain day dream aspect of playing for your favorite teams that you spent watching in your childhood. 

Look at how happy Barkley was when he was drafted by the Giants. That's all I was saying. 

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol you misread what I wrote. I wasn't trying to say New York is a bad place to live although currently that's up for debate. But people a draw to the place where they grew up and like Lebron growing up and getting drafted by his home town team there is a certain day dream aspect of playing for your favorite teams that you spent watching in your childhood. 

Look at how happy Barkley was when he was drafted by the Giants. That's all I was saying. 

Barkley grew up a Jets fan

49 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Ha I know bro. It’s just when you say things like he deserves to be in Texas like he’s currently living in a war torn country struggling to make ends meet. In reality he could be living in a mansion somewhere or some multimillion dollar apartment in NY. Just feeds into the massaging of the ego like I mentioned earlier.

With some players it’s essential and Jamal has proven he needs that. This really comes down to an overblown comment as we all have **** all to do right now. (I hope anyway and I’m not waking up to reports he’s been traded!) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, xenajets said:

Yes great idea. Sends a great message to the new rookies we will draft. Ball out hit all pro by the age of 24 and we will ship you off to a team who will pay you what you deserve. Don’t worry though we will have all these mid round picks. 

Yeah, lets see, the average life span in the NFL is 4 years, FA's never leave the teams that draft them for more money, and every year at the minimum 11-15 players are replaced by other players.

Rookies have no sure place on a team, this is a business, it's been 50 years since the Jets have made the playoffs. 2 GM's which buried the team with poor drafts and saddled them with poor FA decisions.

But your worried that rookies will be sent the wrong message? Rookies like vets are only assured a paycheck if they perform, and should they become stars, want to be paid. Some like Adams don't want to live up to the contract they signed.

I'm not saying Adams is not deserving of a contract which matches his talent. But he's still under contract for the next 2 years and the Jets don't have to do anything to appease him.

He's not JJ Watt, He's not Tom Brady, his impact is quite different.

So if the Jets can get 2-3 draft choices for him, save money, sign players which can bring us to the playoffs and a SB appearance. I'm good.

Darnold if he is what we all hope he will be will ask 40 million a year. The Jets have bigger fish to fry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big T said:

Yeah, lets see, the average life span in the NFL is 4 years, FA's never leave the teams that draft them for more money, and every year at the minimum 11-15 players are replaced by other players.

Rookies have no sure place on a team, this is a business, it's been 50 years since the Jets have made the playoffs. 2 GM's which buried the team with poor drafts and saddled them with poor FA decisions.

But your worried that rookies will be sent the wrong message? Rookies like vets are only assured a paycheck if they perform, and should they become stars, want to be paid. Some like Adams don't want to live up to the contract they signed.

I'm not saying Adams is not deserving of a contract which matches his talent. But he's still under contract for the next 2 years and the Jets don't have to do anything to appease him.

So if the Jets can get 2-3 draft choices for him, save money, sign players which can bring us to the playoffs and a SB appearance. I'm good.

Darnold if he is what we all hope he will be will ask 40 million a year. The Jets have bigger fish to fry.

I completely get your point bro but believe me locker rooms are strange places and if certain things manifest they spread like wild fire. What I dealt with on the daily is so small fry compared to an NFL franchise so I can imagine it’s worse. 
Who’s next Maye? Herndon? Q-Will? If they ball out and then realise we won’t pay them it doesn’t set a good precedent. 

And all this saving money talk doesn’t make any sense to me. Save money for what?! All these superstars we’ve drafted that need paying?!? 

JD could (even now) make our pass rush better than we’ve had for 10+years by bringing in Clowney and Griffin. He could of broke the bank to get a top WR in Cooper. Clearly we’ve found that isn’t his game. He wants to hit on the draft and build that way. Doesn’t then make sense to trade our own homegrown 24y/o all pro away. 

I know I’m a huge Jamal fan going back to the LSU days so there is a sense of loyalty I feel to him. However I can think rationally and if we were offered a top o-lineman from Dallas plus a 1st and 3rd then I’d see then sense in trading him away. Same if Jax came calling and offered #9 & Yannick. They are deals I can understand but for just a mid round 1st pick doesn’t do anything for me. 

4 hours ago, Big T said:

Lol, fantastic strategy - Unfortunately, if it were that simple we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

IF WE DO TRADE J ADAMS, look at our first round drafts picks from 2012 thru 2017

2012 Quinton Coples,         16 player in the first round

2013 Dee Milliner                 9 player in the first round

2013 Sheldon Richardson  16 player in the first round

2014 Calvin Pryor                 18 player in the first round

2015 Leo Williams                6  player in the first round

2016 Darron Lee                   20 player in the first round

2017 J Adams                       6 player in the first round   ????????????????????

ALL THESE PLAYERS ARE GONE NO WONDER WE SUCK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

IF WE DO TRADE J ADAMS, look at our first round drafts picks from 2012 thru 2017

2017 J Adams                       6 player in the first round   ????????????????????

How the F can a team just blatantly ignore offense?  It's  criminal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

All these players have 1 thing in common, not one of them was selected by Joe Douglas. This is absolutely the reason we suck though. In Joe We Trust.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

All these players have 1 thing in common, not one of them was selected by Joe Douglas. This is absolutely the reason we suck though. In Joe We Trust.

and not one of them was offense, thanks to Rex and Maccagnan and even Bowles to some extent.

• Like 1