Football's Future: Fanlessness

Shanedorf

There seems to be growing chatter about starting the season without fans in the seats.
If you really think about this - you'll start to see how huge of an impact this will have on the game, the broadcast and the near-future of the NFL

Some teams are more dependent on crowd noise than others, especially the domers. How will that impact each team ?
The NFL currently uses microphones embedded into jerseys, but with no crowd noise - those mics will pick up EVERYTHING
The NFL also uses the parabolic mics on the field, and those too will pick up every sideline conversation between players/coaches
Without any crowd noise, will the defense actually be able to hear the microphone in the QBs helmet ? Seems possible

Will we hear the trash talking ? Will they bleep out the cuss words ?

Much of the NFL's success is tied to the pomp & circumstance around games, from military flyovers to fireworks to the deafening roar of the crowd
Does all of that go away ? Even something as simple as a Lambeau Leap - will the players jump into the empty stands ?
Will the players still have the crazy celebrations after a TD ? Will they still have a PA announcer in the stadium so the players know what's going on ?

No tailgating, no crowd shots, no signs in the stands ( I'm sure they'll sell "empty seats" to advertisers)

Will some fans try to sneak into the stadium anyways ?
Instead of photobombing, will people try to audio-bomb the broadcast ?

I'm sure there are many other things that will be impacted in an empty and silent stadium, kind of eerie for night games

parabolic-microphone-nfl-sports.jpg

I was watching some RedZone last night, watching the players high-five. The announcers sitting right next to one another. Watching the crowds chant, and really appreciating how many people there are.

Things are going to be different. For sure. It's going to be weird.

I don't think we're going to see normal pro football take place until at least 2021. Until then, it's going to be just players on the fields, no crowds, no music presumably, etc. I have no idea how it plays out, but its going to be interesting to find out.