Left Tackle or Simmons?

JStar221

55 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Watch Hernandez this year with a real OL coach in a real offense. He's a good player. He didn't have a great year last year, but he's still a good player.

I will...What I'm referring to I saw in his college tape and see the same thing in the pros.  He simply misses blocks at the second level, he can anchor well enough and I hope you're right that he does improve.  He's solid and would even say quality working inside a small bubble, but if he gets outside of that he's lost. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I will...What I'm referring to I saw in his college tape and see the same thing in the pros.  He simply misses blocks at the second level, he can anchor well enough and I hope you're right that he does improve.  He's solid and would even say quality working inside a small bubble, but if he gets outside of that he's lost. 

He's a better pass blocker right now, but I don't really think he's as good as advertised in the run game. He's a people mover, sure, but not the mauler we all thought he would be. I wonder how Indy likes Nelson....

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 5:48 PM, minutemancl said:

Watch Hernandez this year with a real OL coach in a real offense. He's a good player. He didn't have a great year last year, but he's still a good player.

I don't share your optimism here. I don't think he stinks but don't think he will become "good" either. Right now imo he is below average and at best will be average,