Left Tackle or Simmons?

JStar221

For me, it really comes down to the fact that we don't have a single game changer on defense. There is nobody that teams have to gameplan against that opens things up for the other guys. Yes, we need to improve our OL. Yes, it is an important position and NYG wouldn't be WRONG in addressing it with their first pick. But the bigger impact opportunity is on the defensive side of the ball. Start getting takeaways, go from bend-but-don't-break to suffocating three-and-outs, change the field position battle, don't make your young QB play from behind.. I see that as the biggest driver for turning this ship around. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

For me, it really comes down to the fact that we don't have a single game changer on defense. There is nobody that teams have to gameplan against that opens things up for the other guys. Yes, we need to improve our OL. Yes, it is an important position and NYG wouldn't be WRONG in addressing it with their first pick. But the bigger impact opportunity is on the defensive side of the ball. Start getting takeaways, go from bend-but-don't-break to suffocating three-and-outs, change the field position battle, don't make your young QB play from behind.. I see that as the biggest driver for turning this ship around. 

As our roster is currently constructed the LT would have a bigger impact. We have spent a ton of capital in acquiring our franchise cornerstones in the backfield, it would would behoove us give as much support to them. 

We aren't competing next year. Even with Simmons, we wouldn't have an elite defense. We'd be average to borderline good at best. We are still missing too many pieces on that side.

Center position is our biggest need. We had terrible center play both skill and leadership. You cant win without leadership.

Some people like yogi mocks and has zero facts on who is and who isnt a good tackle coming out of this draft. Watch games fella. Watch highlights fella. Just off the highlights along shows just a little in who has the technic and footwork.  At the combine people show off what they can do. Wirfs and Becton did great. Wirfs showed his all around athleticism. But on tape out of the 4 top tackles Wills was superior to all 4 of them. Watch the tape. It's no talking out of my *** its factual. 

People listen to all these "EXPERTS" when they are wrong way more then they are right. Everyone on here has there own opinions but not many facts.  Yogi instead of breaking my stuff down try some researching for yourself. You break down every sentence I have but you leave just your opinion no facts. 

19 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

That’s that big question. Up for suggestions. Out of respect to the Giants, I will not consider any current division rivals. 

First, I think it would be disappointing if you leave, especially when coaches, GM, and players change so often. In 5 years, everything will be different.

How long have you been a Giants fan?

35 minutes ago, Acgott said:

First, I think it would be disappointing if you leave, especially when coaches, GM, and players change so often. In 5 years, everything will be different.

How long have you been a Giants fan?

07 kinda, but properly 09 season. 

Im being facetious of course, I just won’t root for this team as long as Gettleman is still in charge. 

1 hour ago, Cuziam71 said:

Yogi instead of breaking my stuff down try some researching for yourself. You break down every sentence I have but you leave just your opinion no facts. 

Looking for your factual information.

I don’t see it. All I see is your subjective views. Also you would come to the conclusion of Wills being the best if all you watched were highlights and not actual cut ups  that let you dissect every aspect of prospect. Not understanding why you got so aggressive towards me.

I also never said I didn’t think Wills is really good.   His issue is he doesn’t finish plays. He always looks winded. He has clean technique. He is a clean prospect. But he’s not a LT. He will be a real good RT. 

Next time you want to call anyone out talking about research make sure the only scouting you’re doing isn’t in highlights. 

Edited by YogiBiz