Houston Texans Coronavirus Mafia (Mafia Wins!)

mission27

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I assumed like most deadline things it will be plurality. Whoever has the most votes at the deadline even if it isn't a majority of the total votes.

Correct, majority was the wrong term. Its vote leader. The vote count could look like this:

Lefty - 3

MSE - 2

Everyone else 1

And lefty would be lynched. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Conversely lets say its:

Pickle 4

Orca 4

Everyone else less than 4

Then we would have overtime. In overtime you can *only* vote for pickle or orca

Edited by Matts4313

Not to derail anything, just curious about the mechanics. Deadline sounds interesting since there is no need to consolidate votes to achieve the max needed for lynch.

I’m used to it being something where like, in this case with 23 players, it would take 12 votes to lynch someone. The 12th vote would be the “hammer”. As you can probably imagine, getting that number on a single player can be difficult and usually ends with a big messy pileup as the deadline gets close.

2 minutes ago, Lefty said:

So it’s not game related then

Each game typically has an inactivity policy. Like everything, its up to the host. For this game its rule 13. Most host will tell you that you need to vote at least 1 time a day and if you have a move, use it. If you go multiple days without doing so, you will get replaced/killed.

13.  Significant inactivity will result in replacement or modkill at the MoL's sole discretion.  You must vote and post if you want to avoid being placed on a probation status, where you are in danger of replacement or modkill.

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Fact 

Dont trick the lad

Not to derail anything, just curious about the mechanics.

You arent. This happens every time a new player is added. We are used to it. What you should be asking is "why is Matts so eager to help. Is he being helpful? Or is he scum trying to look like helpful town?"

Deadline sounds interesting since there is no need to consolidate votes to achieve the max needed for lynch.

Consolidating votes through the day (IE forming a train) is a helpful tool to pressure people. You can always change your votes a bunch of times.

I’m used to it being something where like, in this case with 23 players, it would take 12 votes to lynch someone. The 12th vote would be the “hammer”. As you can probably imagine, getting that number on a single player can be difficult and usually ends with a big messy pileup as the deadline gets close.

The last 30 minutes of day phase can be very hectic here as well. It gets real, real swingy.

Also => @HoboRocket, @mse326 and @Lefty

If you have a power/ability you can change that up until the deadline as well. This *key*. Submit a default move early just in case something happens. For example, lets say my move is to protect someone, I can say "Protect ET80 every night unless I tell you different". That way you never miss a move. 

15 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Gotcha.

Is there no majority usually or just D1 sort of thing? I’m used to majority lynches so deadline will be interesting.

Varies from host to host and game to game. I think the majority type hammer favors scum and deadlines favor town. So it comes down to the game setup and host

8 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Not to derail anything, just curious about the mechanics. Deadline sounds interesting since there is no need to consolidate votes to achieve the max needed for lynch.

Not much talk at the moment so fire away with all types of questions 

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Each game typically has an inactivity policy. Like everything, its up to the host. For this game its rule 13. Most host will tell you that you need to vote at least 1 time a day and if you have a move, use it. If you go multiple days without doing so, you will get replaced/killed.

Dont trick the lad

I don't think this has anything to do with bcb's vote

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You arent. This happens every time a new player is added. We are used to it. What you should be asking is "why is Matts so eager to help. Is he being helpful? Or is he scum trying to look like helpful town?"

"Why is Matts trying so hard?"

like that? ;) 

@Lefty

I do the vote counts like this for a few reasons (yes I'm like the only one)

1. It is very quick and easy

2. I am less likely to screw up

3. When I am playing I choose to do it this way bc it is less time consuming then making it look pretty 

4. I'm also hosting the Saw game, playing in the Amazinf Race game, creating a Stargate SG1 game and some other things.  Anything to cut down time is the best for me lol

Name

Player Voting For

Total

Forge

bcb

swoosh

daboyle

Matts4313

et

FinneasGage

fin

bcb1213