What I would do mock

DeSean Jackson

TRADES

21, Derek Barnett and Rasul Douglas for jets 11

Yan for Ertz and 2021 2

Here I'm thinking to myself, who would you rather pay Barnett or yan? Yan all the way plus 10 mill. Ertz will age well and is still only 29, he is slow as poop but thats not how he wins, he knows how to use leverage better than any TE. So he will hold his value way better than somebody that relies on speed.

DRAFT

1) CeeDee Lamb WR

Here I was thinking should i go Ruggs or Lamb? Ruggs instantly opens up the middle of the field and short game for miles sanders to go to work. But can he be that consistent wideout Wentz can rely on? I think he can but not as good as Lamb, who I think is a TRUE number 1 and takes over jeffreys role.

2) TRADE 2 and a 4th to move up 8 spots 

Jalen Reagor WR

Now we have our speedster and our possession wideout who our team really likes to have in our scheme. Reagor, Lamb and Djax can play all three positions and that will be our wr core next year.

3) Logan Wilson LB

4)  Albert Okwuegbunam TE

4) Aj Dillon HB

5) Anthony Gordon QB

6) Luqman Barcoo DB (my late sleeper)

15 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Well Barnett was drafted by Douglas, and is only 23. I can see him still liking him.

Not at that value

Even using the trade between Denver and Pittsburgh last year, a year which trades were not happening, value to trade up was historically low. Between the quarterbacks, receivers, and top end talent at other positions, teams will be moving around much more. 

So what you're saying is in that situation, those 2 are worth a first round pick. 

Edited by EaglesFan5-36-81

3 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Wouldn’t I be a good GM if I got them to do it though?

Wouldn't I be a better GM if I got them to trade me Adams and #11 overall for JJAW straight up? Then I trade St. Louis our 6th rounder for Aaron Donald?

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

No because neither would ever happen.

I think you guys are under valuing Barnett. He’s worth a 2nd. And I think that would get it done for 11. Jets need edge rush. Look at the Cordy glenn trade a couple years back.

and Ertz is worth a 2 and two 2nds for yan seems fair. 

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I think you guys are under valuing Barnett. He’s worth a 2nd. And I think that would get it done for 11. Jets need edge rush. Look at the Cordy glenn trade a couple years back.

and Ertz is worth a 2 and two 2nds for yan seems fair. 

Barnett is a disappointing former first round pick how is that worth a second?

Why would the jags a team clearly rebuilding want an older tight end? 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Barnett is a disappointing former first round pick how is that worth a second?

Why would the jags a team clearly rebuilding want an older tight end? 

Ertz has a good 5 years left in him at a good level. He’s going to age very well, based on how he plays. Barnett only really started one year and was looking good until his high ankle sprain.