Bears sign former Packers bust Jason Spriggs

beardown3231

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

So they would give up a draft pick, presumably a 2nd and have to sign him.  Just wait a year and keep the pick. 

Even for a 4th (idk what his price would be), and the ability to negotiate for a year, you wouldn't do it?

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

One of the few guys out there who could be a true back up LT...very athletic so should fit in with a more zone based approach...worth a flier that's for sure.

Definitely worth a flier. LT only backup though. Probably fighting with a draft pick and UDFA or vet for a spot. 

A needed move to check off the OT spot pre-draft - Pace’s MO. Which is why I’m surprised he’s telegraphing drafting a TE now.

Curious timing on the Burton move. Maybe there’s something we don’t know about his “groin”. I don’t think he should be taking for granted his ability to get another shot. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I think if OJ Howard was any good, a really good offensive mind in Bruce Arians would've found a way to use him.

I think it was more of an early season doghouse issue coupled with him being the clear 3rd best option behind 2 pro bowlers in Evans and Godwin. The last 4 games in which he played last year (3 wins and a 3 point loss, so no garbage time) he had 25 targets and he produced 16 catches and 226 yards. It’s probably not a coincidence that the last 3 games of that stretch Evans was out injured. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm not saying that isn't news, or thread, worthy--but why is it HERE? 

I didn’t want to start a new thread so I put it here.  Then people wanted to talk so I started one. Then they locked my new thread.  ☹️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I would 100% swing a trade for Howard right now. 

I believe this might be happening ... unless the Organization received word that Burton is done medically.

there was a tweet this week  Jason LaCanfora iirc connecting the dots for a potential deal to Chicago