Bears cut TE Trey Burton

.Buzz

37 minutes ago, $andtrap said:

Not sure why Chicago paid him so much in the first place; outside of the Philly Special, what exactly did he do?

My thoughts exactly...like legit, did our execs just watch the super bowl and decide on millions of dollars haha

Edited by MonserinNC

52 minutes ago, $andtrap said:

Not sure why Chicago paid him so much in the first place; outside of the Philly Special, what exactly did he do?

Not a whole lot. He did have potential, though. The crazy part of the contract was how much was guaranteed. It's possible that it might have been necessary at the time, considering the state of the Bears a couple years ago. But--YIKES! 

• Like 1

1. Shaheen is a bust who will be cut in camp.

2. Burton played 8 good games, 8 banged up games, and then was a broken down mess for the playoffs and the entire next season. He had surgery after 2018 and came back and looked crippled and then had another surgery.

Burton can be a high end #2TE in this league. Nothing wrong with that. Players at this stage of their career usually have two options: Squeeze as much cash as possible out of a bottom tier team (Jags, Skins, Panthers,Dolphins). Or take a vet min and try to win a ring (NE, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Bills, Chiefs,etc)

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Burton can be a high end #2TE in this league. Nothing wrong with that. Players at this stage of their career usually have two options: Squeeze as much cash as possible out of a bottom tier team (Jags, Skins, Panthers,Dolphins). Or take a vet min and try to win a ring (NE, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Bills, Chiefs,etc)

You just can't bring yourself to say it can you??  

Come on..............SSSSSSSSSSS...........SSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by Melbourne 9er
Left out words
  • Like 2

Just now, Melbourne 9er said:

You just can't bring yourself it can you??  

Come on..............SSSSSSSSSSS...........SSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Saints are a cursed franchise. They are paying karma for bountygate until Brees retires. They will never win a SuperBowl until Payton/Brees are gone. But sure, they will likely be a playoff team next year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Saints are a cursed franchise. They are paying karma for bountygate until Brees retires. They will never win a SuperBowl until Payton/Brees are gone. But sure, they will likely be a playoff team next year. 

And what curse do the Rams have? The 3 points in the super bowl curse?

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

And what curse do the Rams have? The 3 points in the super bowl curse?

I didn't mention the Rams as contenders for Trey Burton as a SuperBowl team. I didn't start the Saints as a topic.

Take your insecurities elsewhere. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I didn't mention the Rams as contenders for Trey Burton as a SuperBowl team. I didn't start the Saints as a topic.

Take your insecurities elsewhere. 

You should know by now that being clever doesn't work in these forums. I thought it was pretty smart retort even though you know that the Niners would be there.