Bears cut TE Trey Burton

.Buzz

Depending how much he would cost i could see him coming to the Falcons to be our #2 behind Hurst with our young upside guy in graham our #3.   he's gotta be a upgrade to fricken Luke Stocker.

Although if we only have a certain amount of cap for 1 more player or 2 then i prefer Dennard at CB from the Bengals i think who we seem to be targeting and talking to.

Edited by FalconFan13

3 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:
3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Burton can be a high end #2TE in this league. Nothing wrong with that. Players at this stage of their career usually have two options: Squeeze as much cash as possible out of a bottom tier team (Jags, Skins, Panthers,Dolphins). Or take a vet min and try to win a ring (NE, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Bills, Chiefs,etc)

You just can't bring yourself to say it can you??  

Come on..............BBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAA

FIFY

George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers go crazy over Nick Bosa's ...

ALL RING CHASERS SHOULD BE CALLING JOHN LYNCH

8 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

That contract was yikes to me from day 1.

Hope he comes back to philly.

Yeah.  It really felt like what of those double-take sort of, "huh?" contracts when they signed it.  Like...they took a useful depth guy, and threw a ton of money at him like he was a top flight TE?

Obviously injuries have played into it...but even if they hadn't, i'm still not really sure what exactly was expected to happen there.

The people who pretend their is no salary cap like to ignore the 2017-18 Eagles.  Look at the money that went to Bradham, Fat Thor, Burton, and Robinson.  None of them lived up to those salaries. 2 cuts, a rework and a pricey 2 year deal that follows up with a way more reasonable deal with the Patriots for the video game playing son of Odin.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:19 AM, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It really felt like what of those double-take sort of, "huh?" contracts when they signed it.  Like...they took a useful depth guy, and threw a ton of money at him like he was a top flight TE?

Obviously injuries have played into it...but even if they hadn't, i'm still not really sure what exactly was expected to happen there.

His first year he was better than decent and really made the offense more effective.  The (Bears only) playoff game really showed how missing him or a comparable average tight end affected RB and WR as well.  Once he got hurt he was done, and there are theories that there is more to his injury that a physical tear. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 5:32 PM, Danger said:

Bring him back to be TE #2 cheap, trade Ertz for a 1st or 2nd. Trade up for Lamb/Jeudy.

Is this a counting game? Trade Ertz for a 3rd or 4th. More likely than a 1st. Dude is old. 

But yall arent getting rid of Ertz. Wentz loves him. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is this a counting game? Trade Ertz for a 3rd or 4th. More likely than a 1st. Dude is old. 

But yall arent getting rid of Ertz. Wentz loves him. 

anything less than a 2nd round pick the Eagles would just keep Ertz for sure. No reason to trade him for anything less. Wentz would like Goedert just as much. Not quite as good right now but he has far more potential.