Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

Bears to release Trey Burton

I can't think of anyone who could be surprised at this...dude was a major let down...hopefully Graham can at least be health and show some toughness.

See ya 

I'm surprised they did it... I guess we save $2.4 million.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm surprised they did it... I guess we save $2.4 million.

I'm SHOCKED they did it, because of how the contract was structured, and the fact they didn't do it right away. 

Something about the whole Jimmy Graham signing said that this was going to happen.  I won't be surprised that the Bears trade down in the second to get the TE they want

5 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

Something about the whole Jimmy Graham signing said that this was going to happen.  I won't be surprised that the Bears trade down in the second to get the TE they want

That's a lot of dead money to have to absorb. That being said, I'm all for the move. Burton turned out to be a bad joke. 

With the amount of time we spent looking at Brycen Hopkins, it wouldn't shock me to see us trade down and draft him in the 3rd or 4th (if he's there in the 4th).

I’m surprised they actually did it. Messing my impending final mock ALL UP with this move... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m surprised they actually did it. Messing my impending final mock ALL UP with this move... 

I've had Burton on IR in all of mine 😂

• Like 4

Given what we’re paying him to not play for us in 2020 it makes me wonder more now what we’d consider with some of the big contracts on the OL should a guy fall to us. 

He was a major disappointment. Another bad contract for the Pace resume.

We do not save a bunch of money, so he must be totally broken down at this point. Unhealthy and unreliable is not very useful even if you do not save much money.