2020 Breakouts

AkronsWitness

Who are some younger players who are going into their 2nd, 3rd or 4th seasons that you are betting on taking a big step forward and earning more playing time?

These are guys like Redwine, Takitaki, Wilson, Ratley, Higgins, Ogunjobi, ect, ect.

The guy Im going with is Takitaki. Simply because he has a lot of raw talent as a fly all over the place type of guy. He got his feet wet in small doses last year but with the departure of Scho/Kirko I can see him seizing the opportunity and making himself a nice role this season. Apart of this is the fact that he seems like he has the work ethic to really want to make that step too.

Who are your guys you can see taking a big leap and bursting out onto the scene?

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t think any of those guys really has a breakout year, sadly. 

I think Njoku pops though. 

Thats fair, he showed progress into being hte player we wanted 2 years ago but essentially lost 2019 with injury.

I believe this is a contract year for him so the motivation to come back and play well is high

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats fair, he showed progress into being hte player we wanted 2 years ago but essentially lost 2019 with injury.

I believe this is a contract year for him so the motivation to come back and play well is high

Think he will be used correctly in Stefanski's O, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Who are some younger players who are going into their 2nd, 3rd or 4th seasons that you are betting on taking a big step forward and earning more playing time?

These are guys like Redwine, Takitaki, Wilson, Ratley, Higgins, Ogunjobi, ect, ect.

The guy Im going with is Takitaki. Simply because he has a lot of raw talent as a fly all over the place type of guy. He got his feet wet in small doses last year but with the departure of Scho/Kirko I can see him seizing the opportunity and making himself a nice role this season. Apart of this is the fact that he seems like he has the work ethic to really want to make that step too.

Who are your guys you can see taking a big leap and bursting out onto the scene?

I think Mack become a Joe Schobert type linebacker, nose for the ball.

Redwine becomes a solid player,.

Larry O plays better than next year.

Higgins Im guessing has two more years in the NFL.

I like Takitaki as well, I think he gets better and plays as a solid linebacker, especially vs the run and blitzing. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think Mack become a Joe Schobert type linebacker, nose for the ball.

Redwine becomes a solid player,.

Larry O plays better than next year.

Higgins Im guessing has two more years in the NFL.

I like Takitaki as well, I think he gets better and plays as a solid linebacker, especially vs the run and blitzing. 

Yeah I think all of those guys will be solid, but I don't think any become stars. Wilson and Takitaki will be mediocre starters at LB'er. That's ok. You can have some mediocre guys in the lineup, especially at positions like LB'er. Hopefully we eventually find a superstar MIKE that can erase a lot of their limitations, but that's very rare to find.