Why is Jordan Love a potential first rounder?

Elky

4 minutes ago, Elky said:

He regressed significantly in his final season at Utah State and his 17 interceptions, a chunk against weak competition mind you, is extremely concerning. Comes off as the next Josh Freeman.

In fairness, Freeman was a first rounder...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elky said:

He regressed significantly in his final season at Utah State and his 17 interceptions, a chunk against weak competition mind you, is extremely concerning. Comes off as the next Josh Freeman.

Because his 2018 tape is phenomenal. As has been said numerous times in some of these threads, Utah State in 2019 was brutal talent wise. Love regressed but the talent around him played a massive part (both on field and on the sidelines - Gary Andersen sucks). Losing Matt Wells, Dax Raymond, Darwin Thompson and his top 3 WRs was too much to overcome. The talent never left Love, the situation around him just got drastically worse. Sure, he had a few WTF moments but he tried to force a ton due to the lack of talent around him. 

Love's skillset is the least of my worries. The situation he goes to matters more to me than anything. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Because his 2018 tape is phenomenal. As has been said numerous times in some of these threads, Utah State in 2019 was brutal talent wise. Love regressed but the talent around him played a massive part (both on field and on the sidelines - Gary Andersen sucks). Losing Matt Wells, Dax Raymond, Darwin Thompson and his top 3 WRs was too much to overcome. The talent never left Love, the situation around him just got drastically worse. Sure, he had a few WTF moments but he tried to force a ton due to the lack of talent around him. 

Love's skillset is the least of my worries. The situation he goes to matters more to me than anything. 

Ok? This is 2020.

"Lack of talent" isn't a strong excuse for throwing six interceptions against elite programs like Wake Forest and BYU.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elky said:

Which he shouldn't have been, even back then.

Maybe, but he was, so you're kind of missing the point of what I was saying. Why was Josh Allen not only a first round pick but a top ten one? 

Guys with physical tools who have flashed will always get some big love

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Guys with physical tools who have flashed will always get some big love

And Allen suffered the same fate in college as Love did. He regressed but it wasn't his doing. You can only sustain so much talent at schools like Wyoming and Utah State.

• Like 3

Just now, beekay414 said:

And Allen suffered the same fate in college as Love did. He regressed but it wasn't his doing. You can only sustain so much talent at schools like Wyoming and Utah State.

Yup. And Allen looked a hell of a lot worse than love did his last year.  And I say that as a guy who was a big Allen supporter

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Is this a legitimate retort? What? 

Who cares how he played in 2018? That was then this is now. He played worse.

You know what happens when you draft someone because they looked alright an eternity ago?

dm_180522_nfl_dianna_hackenberg_trade.jp

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Yup. And Allen looked a hell of a lot worse than love did his last year.  And I say that as a guy who was a big Allen supporter

And Josh Allen is Buffalo's biggest liability.

• Like 2

Just now, Elky said:

Who cares how he played in 2018? That was then this is now. He played worse.

You know what happens when you draft someone because they looked alright an eternity ago?

lol

Guess Buffalo shouldn't have drafted Josh Allen then. Such simplistic bull**** lol. 2 seasons worth of tape isn't an eternity. Quite speaking in hyperbole.