2019 49ers Play of the Year Nominations

N4L

This is a thread dedicated to the magical season that was 2019. 4-12 to 13-3 and kings of the NFC felt pretty friggin gratifying. There were so many special moments. The purpose of this thread is to nominate your favorite plays of 2019 so that we can vote on play(s) of the year later. 

I will give two that aren't super obvious just to get us started:

This was the best stiff arm I have ever seen in my life. I mean, HOLY **** THATS NOT SOME SCRUB that's minkah Fitzpatrick, a guy a lot of us wanted to draft and a guy that multiple teams spent a FRP on. My seats are on the opposite side of the cameras so that super slowmo angle is the one I saw live. BOY DID THAT GET THE JUICES FLOWIN. THIS IS A MANS GAME, BOYS NEEDA SIT THE F DOWN. Home opener, no less

The next play I present with a heavy heart. Deforest buckner was a huge part of our nucleus here and was a valued member of the locker room. The guy may still end up going to the HOF. I know armstead is basically just as tall, but buck is probably the biggest human being on any NFL roster. Im really gonna miss that guy. The swim/sweep is deadly 

Even though we lost this game and were undefeated at the time, this was such a huge turning point in our season IMO. This game overall was the loudest 49er game I have ever been to. The crowd was going nuts from before kick off. We were up 10-0 early and it was euphoria. Then all of a sudden we were down 11 in the 4th Q and the seahawks had the ball. You could tell everyone was a little worried. It got pretty quiet, you could tell people were spooked. Then we get a huge sack on 2nd down off of a nickle blitz with Williams, I start going crazy, then I look over and see the ball on the ground and buck picks it up for the TD. IT WAS BEDLAM!!! THE CROWD INSTANTLY WENT FROM 0 TO ONE THOUSAND DECIPLES. Felt like magic! 

So I want you guys to tell me, what was your favorite moment of 2019? I can think of like 20 plays to nominate lol

Edited by N4L

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

The Kittle catch and beast mode drag in New Orleans was easily my favorite for this year. 

KITTLE KRUSH 

COOKEM KITTLE 

What a fun moment. That game was a wild ride. As much as I love that 4th down conversion to win home field advantage in the dome, that play overshadows so many other great plays in that game. That was one of the most wild games I've ever seen, especially that first half. We unloaded the clip because we had to. We had only lost twice but had to keep the pedal to the metal to claim what was ours (hfa and the 1 seed) 

That juice option play was sexy. I want to see more of that. 

That trick play where Sanders threw the ball to mostert was money. 

There are certainly more in that game alone. Maybe not play of the year candidates necessarily, but certainly plays that showcased what this special team can do 

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

Another good one and much needed was Greenlaw’s goaline save tackle against Seattle

Rookie playing ball. You gotta love it. It never should have been so close, but this team did what they had to do. That bye week was necessary and we went out and took it. 

Another 5th round homerun. John lynch seems to have that Midas touch. He's going into the Hall of Fame this year and it's partly because of who he is as a person. 

He works so well with Kyle because he is more of the 'leader of men' while Kyle is the strategic Mastermind. I'd bet lynch is highly involved behind the scenes about coaching guys up strictly from the mindset/mental side of the game. 

49ers couldn't just become a dynasty again without a Stanford alum leading the way

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StevenK said:

The Kittle catch and beast mode drag in New Orleans was easily my favorite for this year. 

Another good one and much needed was Greenlaw’s goaline save tackle against Seattle. 

Those were the two that immedaitely came to mind, along with the JuiceCheck stiff arm.

Edited by rudyZ
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-21 at 3:18 AM, evilflamingo said:

We had some really great ones this year. Adding to those mentioned I also remember Warners pick 6 on Goof, Bosa's sacks (and celebration) of lil' Baker Mayfield and this beauty where Kittle put Buddha Baker on his back and ate his soul. 

Is that the first Arizona game, before which Buddha bragged he could contain Kittle, and even though George injured his ankle earlier in the game, he still broke Buddha's ankles twice on the same play to score a TD? The context makes that play a thousand times better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Is that the first Arizona game, before which Buddha bragged he could contain Kittle, and even though George injured his ankle earlier in the game, he still broke Buddha's ankles twice on the same play to score a TD? The context makes that play a thousand times better.

Yeah, Baker broke up a couple of passes early and was flexing like he'd never made a play before but then Kittle firmly put him in his place. It was beautiful and Baker became a non-factor for the rest of the game.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...