My first mock draft (Eagles trading up for CeeDee Lamb)

Killashaw

Please let me know what you think, I will explain some trades & picks below, but will also react on your comment if you question my reasoning for a specific pick. I have done a lot of research for all of the teams, but obviously as a fan you probably have a better view of the needs so please correct me if I totally missed on a pick in your opinion.

1. Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow - QB - LSU
  2. Washington Redskins - Chase Young- EDGE - Ohio State
  3. Miami Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa QB - Alabama
  4. New York Giants - Jedrick Wills - OT - Alabama
  5. Detroit Lions - Jeffrey Okudah - CB - Ohio State
  6. Los Angeles Chargers - Jordan Love - QB - Utah State
  7. Carolina Panthers - Isaiah Simmons - LB - Clemson
  8. Philadelphia Eagles - CeeDee Lamb - WR - Oklahoma
  9. Jacksonville Jaguars - Andrew Thomas - OT - Georgia
  10. Cleveland Browns - Mekhi Becton - OT - Louisville
  11. Denver Broncos - Jerry Jeudy - WR - Alabama
  12. Las Vegas Raiders - Henry Ruggs lll - WR - Alabama
  13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tristan Wirfs - OT - Iowa
  14. San Fransisco 49ers - Derrick Brown - DT - Auburn
  15. Atlanta Falcons - C.J Henderson - CB - Florida
  16. New York Jets - K'Lavon Chaisson - EDGE - LSU
  17. Dallas Cowboys - Javon Kinlaw - DT - South Carolina
  18. Miami Dolphins - Josh Jones - OT - North Carolina
  19. Minnesota Vikings - Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU
  20. Jacksonville Jaguars - A.J Epenesa - EDGE - Iowa
  21. Arizona Cardinals - Kenneth Murray - LB - Oklahoma
  22. Las Vegas Raiders - Jaylon Johnson - CB - Utah
  23. New England Patriots - Justin Herbert - QB - Oregon
  24. New Orleans Saints - Patrick Queen - LB - LSU
  25. Minnesota Vikings - Kristian Fulton - CB - LSU
  26. Detroit Lions - Yetur Gross-Matos - EDGE - Penn State
  27. Seattle Seahawks - Austin Jackson - OT - USC
  28. Baltimore Ravens - Cesar Ruiz - IOL - Michigan
  29. Tennessee Titans - Trevon Diggs - CB - Alabama
  30. Green Bay Packers - Tee Higgins - WR - Clemson
  31. Indianapolis Colts - Jalen Reagor - WR - TCU
  32. Kansas City Chiefs - Grant Delpit - S - LSU

TRADES:

Dolphins - Lions:
Dolphins get 3. Lions get 5, 26 & 141.
Dolphins win the bidding war with the Chargers, but both don't wanna overpay to much.

Eagles - Cardinals:

Eagles get: 8 & 2021 5th round pick. Cardinals: 21,53 & 2021 2nd round pick.
Cardinals didn't had a 2nd round pick, and their O-Line is not as bad as people say it is. Most of the times Murray had 5 seconds to throw but there was just nobody open. With Hopkins, WR is not a big need anymore so they add some depth. Maybe Eagles should throw in a bit more if Cardinals like an OT a lot.

Broncos - Jets
Broncos get: 11. Jets get: 15, 77 & 95.
Jets could take the last available OT from the big 4. But this trade gives Joe Douglas so much value that he takes it. Douglas always is focused on draft value, and loves the middle round picks. With this trade he gets two. While a lot of people mock Ruggs to the Broncos as the perfect fit, I disagree with that. I think Jeudy is a much better fit to play next to Sutton. Sutton is the deep threat so there's no need to have another one with Ruggs if you can also draft the best route runner in this draft who's pro ready.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - San Fransisco 49ers
Tampa gets: 13 & 245 49ers get: 14 & 117 & 161. There will be a small bidding war between the Jets and Tampa trying to trade up for the last OT from the big board. Tampa is in win now mode and will offer more than the Jets, who already gained 2 middle round picks and will collect one more shortly after. Big consolation price for missing out on the tackle.

Falcons - Jets
Falcons get: 15. Jets get: 16 & 119.
Another middle round pick for Douglas, while the Falcons secure their CB without having to worry about Jets actually taking Henderson or the Cowboys jumping them for Henderson.

Vikings - Raiders:
Vikings get: 19. Raiders get: 22 & 105.
Both teams need corners, but for now that's a reach. With Diggs moving to the best team in the NFL, the Vikings jump a few spots to secure Justin Jefferson. Raiders already have there WR so accept a middle round pick as compensation.

Indianapolis Colts - San Fransisco 49ers:
Colts get: 31. 49ers get: 34 & 122.
49ers can use the pick, and although the Colts really wanted to trade up for Herbert they just couldn't do it. They will wait for Lawrence and draft one a proven WR in Jalen Reagor. Trading up for the 5th year option, and WR is also a pretty big need so they can't risk losing Reagor for just pick 122.

Picks:
Chargers have Taylor as a capable starter. Taylor is not gonna win you games, but also not gonna lose you games. Because of this, the Chargers go for the QB with the most upside. Which is Love in their opinions. Love can sit out at least a year and learn. 

Jaguars: While Brown would be the safe option and bigger need, I do believe that they can't pass on a premier left tackle in Thomas. If they really wanna give Minshew a chance, at least protect him with everything you have.

Cowboys: DT might not be the biggest need, but Kinlaw is BPA and I think they will run to the virtual stage if this is how the board falls. 

Cardinals: Trading down for 2 second round picks and able to draft a pretty big need with a first round talent. Kenneth Murray is everything they are looking for in a LB. A true leader who fits perfectly in the system of the Cardinals. 

Patriots: If they are smart they would trade their pick for a first rounder next year (Maybe with the Colts) but I think Herbert is a pretty good fit for the Patriots and getting him without trading up might be too good to pass up on. 

Ravens: Yes, Linebacker is a bigger need. But Zack Baun is not a first round talent imo, and also does not really suit the Ravens since they are looking for a coverage guy and Baun is more of a rush guy and actually pretty bad in coverage. So protect your MvP QB. Ruiz is the best IOL by a large margin, and will have a huge impact in defending Lamar right away. 

Chiefs: Chiefs are in a luxury position, and although they don't need a S the value on Delpit is just too good to pass up on. Fix the tackling "problem" of Delpit and you have a top 5 safety of the league in your team right away. Not bad for the 32th pick.
Edited by Killashaw

As a Detroit fan, I like the picks.  However, if Detroit does get two of Miami’s 1st rounders, I’m really tempted to go Simmons then a CB.  I think Okudah is fantastic, but is he further above one of the CB’s that would be available at 26, than Simmons is above the next LB?

1st off i absolutely hate the Falcons taking Henderson or any CB not named Okudah in round 1.   With that said it is a very possible pick that Dimitroff can make the majority of Falcon fans will just hate it lol.    Theirs a thread on the Falcons forum on the Falcons website right now of what is your worst fears in this draft and with easily the most number of entries so far it is trading up for CJ Henderson xD    The Falcon fan base absolutely does not want this to happen and it would be hated.   Even more so it's stupid to give up any pick for 1 spot ahead of you i would fire the GM on the spot for doing that if i was the owner unless it was for a top 5 player like Simmons, Young, or Okudah lol. 

The 2 players going right after us are overwhelmingly the Falcons favorites and who we need. Kinlaw being number 1 on that list as he is in lead on that vote with like 75 votes to Chaissons 25 to Hendersons 9 lol.   If Kinlaw falls to us we would be 1 dumb team not to take him as he is the most talented player of the group and is a big need for us at DT.

I would even though i think it's dumb willing to give that pick up to guarantee we get Kinlaw in that trade we did with the jets.   This doesn't affect he jets at all as they still get Chaisson and the Cowboys get a fan favorite in Henderson who i think they targeted as one of their biggest needs and fans on here seem to like him alot from their team.

Edited by FalconFan13

16 hours ago, Danish49ers said:

If the board falls like this I think the 9ers would look to trade down at #13.

With no takers Kinlaw looks like a better fit (to me)...

Yes I let them trade down once, but they might trade down again from 14 in this mock. Just couldn't really find a team that would trade up for a certain player.

13 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Eagles would have to give up at least a 2021 1st to pull off that trade.

I think two 2nd's is a pretty fair price. I think Arizona might value the two second more than 1 2021 first, since it's most likely that that 2021 first will be in the 20 range. But if there are more teams willing to trade up to 8, a future first could be in play yes.

9 hours ago, dpudvay said:

As a Detroit fan, I like the picks.  However, if Detroit does get two of Miami’s 1st rounders, I’m really tempted to go Simmons then a CB.  I think Okudah is fantastic, but is he further above one of the CB’s that would be available at 26, than Simmons is above the next LB?

That's a good point, I think the CB class is very stacked, so you might wanna go with Simmons at 5. Just based on everything I have read and the fact that CB is such a huge need, I went with Okudah as the "safe" pick. 

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

1st off i absolutely hate the Falcons taking Henderson or any CB not named Okudah in round 1.   With that said it is a very possible pick that Dimitroff can make the majority of Falcon fans will just hate it lol.    Theirs a thread on the Falcons forum on the Falcons website right now of what is your worst fears in this draft and with easily the most number of entries so far it is trading up for CJ Henderson xD    The Falcon fan base absolutely does not want this to happen and it would be hated.   Even more so it's stupid to give up any pick for 1 spot ahead of you i would fire the GM on the spot for doing that if i was the owner unless it was for a top 5 player like Simmons, Young, or Okudah lol. 

The 2 players going right after us are overwhelmingly the Falcons favorites and who we need. Kinlaw being number 1 on that list as he is in lead on that vote with like 75 votes to Chaissons 25 to Hendersons 9 lol.   If Kinlaw falls to us we would be 1 dumb team not to take him as he is the most talented player of the group and is a big need for us at DT.

I would even though i think it's dumb willing to give that pick up to guarantee we get Kinlaw in that trade we did with the jets.   This doesn't affect he jets at all as they still get Chaisson and the Cowboys get a fan favorite in Henderson who i think they targeted as one of their biggest needs and fans on here seem to like him alot from their team.

Yeah I personally wouldn't take Henderson as the Falcons aswell, but just hearing so much buzz around it so I mocked them to you.  Would you rather pick Kinlaw or Brown if you had the choice?

13 minutes ago, Killashaw said:

Yeah I personally wouldn't take Henderson as the Falcons aswell, but just hearing so much buzz around it so I mocked them to you.  Would you rather pick Kinlaw or Brown if you had the choice?

Oh man thats a good one on the brown and kinlaw thing.  I think Brown might be rated a little higher but if Kinlaws injury stuff going around right now comes back clean i probably go Kinlaw to the Falcons.  I feel Kinlaw is the better of the 2 when it comes to pushing the pocket and getting pressure which is what the Falcons prefer to do at DT.   So as of right now although i think Derrick Brown is the better overall player as they both sit.  Kinlaw is a better scheme fit for what we do, and is close enough talent wise with a higher ceiling of the 2 that i would go Kinlaw.

Also if anything from most analysts i have seen the Falcons are looking to trade up and i would say the majority of them have linked us to Kinlaw and Simmons.   THeir have been a few with Henderson and Okudah as well but no where near as many as Kinlaw.  I've even seen more linked to Kinlaw than i have Simmons which saddens me but it's whats most widely known.  Muschamp even said Quinn has asked him about JK alot lately.

As said though it could go any way i just really hope it's not Henderson and for once the smoke on Kinlaw being our main target is an actual fire and we go for him if his injuries history comes back fine on his knees.

• Like 1