2020 NFL Draft - Day One Discussion

RpMc

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Good luck getting a team to cough up their '21 FRP with Trevor Lawrence likely going to be available.

Only 1 team can draft Lawrence...unless a team is going into this season thinking they are going to be in play for a top-5 pick next year, they'll be more than willing to give up a '21 first round pick (depending upon who it is for)...and I'm not sure what people see in Lawrence.  He's not Peyton Manning.  Hell, Peyton Manning wasn't Peyton Manning when he came out. 

• Like 1

I literally have no clue what to expect this weekend. I have no idea who's in play where. All I know is that we have two picks. This is the least informed I've been on the draft since I started posting on this site before the 2006 draft.

Edited by Klomp

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Draft Day will be on my TV starting at noon... a day one of the draft tradition.

I can't do that. They'll be talking about the Cowboys, Bengals, Redskins, and Lions for 8 straight hours. 4 of the worst ran franchises hogging up all the coverage.

Just now, TENINCH said:

I can't do that. They'll be talking about the Cowboys, Bengals, Redskins, and Lions for 8 straight hours. 4 of the worst ran franchises hogging up all the coverage.

Draft Day the movie*

• Like 2

My ideal (unrealistic) 2 round draft scenario.

Pick 22. Best CB available.
Trade Dalvin Cook to Tampa for 45 (They only have a two year window with TB, no time to gamble on a rookie back)
Pick 25. Best OL/DE available
Pick 45. Vikings select Bryan Edwards
Pick 58. Vikings select Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Plan Super Bowl route.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RpMc said:

trade up from 22 and back from 25, I’m down. 

Who would you want them to trade up for? 

I think there's value if they get Jeudy or one of the tackles (Becton might fall). I wouldn't be nearly as happy if they trade up for a DL or CB (DL because I don't think they can afford to invest that much this year, and CB because I think the next tier that should be available to them later in the round (Terrell, Jaylon Johnson, Gladney, etc) is good enough. 

Edited by Krauser

15 minutes ago, RpMc said:

PA is adamant that Vikings fans be listening to KFAN draft coverage when the teens start. 

trade up from 22 and back from 25, I’m down. 

honestly i haven't even entertained the idea of moving up because it rarely works out value-wise and we have so many needs to fill. but in this scenario, if we were to move up somewhere between 12-18, who do you think it would be for/who would you be okay with?

though it could be for one of the top 3 receivers, kinlaw, one of the last of the top 4 OTs, i think they would only trade up if one of the top corners like CJ henderson fell. and personally i would rather sit tight and grab the next tier of corners than trade up and grab a better prospect, as weird as that might sound.

Edited by whitehops