2020 NFL Draft - Day One Discussion

RpMc

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

So just read an Athletic article that the Vikings flirted with trading up from 22 about 5 picks for...A DEFENSIVE LINEMEN.

I wonder who..Chaisson? Or Kinlaw until Kinlaw was picked at 15?

I would not have been shocked to see a move up for Chaisson. Wouldn’t have been pleased with the move, but he sounded like a player that they would have been high on. 

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Was definitely anti-Mims; a senior receiver with a limited route tree in the first round that put up numbers against typically poor defenses in the Big 12... pass.

I just shy away from high athletic potential players who basically need to start from scratch when it comes to learning the WR position. 

Those are the guys that always seem to get drafted late 1st/early 2nd and bust. 

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

So just read an Athletic article that the Vikings flirted with trading up from 22 about 5 picks for...A DEFENSIVE LINEMEN.

I wonder who..Chaisson? Or Kinlaw until Kinlaw was picked at 15?

It was Chaisson.  I think it was Goessling that said they were enamored with him.  

11 hours ago, Klomp said:

Devils advacate here but couldn't the same be said for us? A WR replacement for one of our best Offensive players & a replacement for one of our CB's(take your pick Rhodes/Waynes/Mac)?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Taylor0026 said:

About 8.8 mil  in cap space if Reiff is cut.  Where is the extra 5.7 mil coming from for Williams( this guy didn't even play last year)?  Are we Trading Anthony Harris as well?  That opens up a big spot at Saftey and Looks like a Subtraction of 2 positions for 1

Im no cap guy by any means but I swear Ive kept seeing that the Vikings were at around 12M cap space before the rookie class.  So I must ask where did you get the 8.8M figure from? (maybe that's after you take the rookie class into consideration idk)

2 minutes ago, Boda said:

Devils advacate here but couldn't the same be said for us? A WR replacement for one of our best Offensive players & a replacement for one of our CB's(take your pick Rhodes/Waynes/Mac)?

diggs and slay are similar situations where both wanted to leave but we didn't have the cap space necessary to retain our corners. so i think the perception is that we made the most out of a bad situation there.

Just now, whitehops said:

diggs and slay are similar situations where both wanted to leave but we didn't have the cap space necessary to retain our corners. so i think the perception is that we made the most out of a bad situation there.

I get that but I just don't see the difference between what we did & what Detroit did

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boda said:

I get that but I just don't see the difference between what we did & what Detroit did

in reality not much, but i think us landing quality players at where we picked is viewed as more of a "win" than taking a stud prospect at 3rd overall, which is expected.

11 hours ago, RpMc said:

Started the day with 12 picks... leave the day with 12 picks

Vikings have:

58, 89, 105, 117, 132, 155, 176, 201, 205, 219, 249, 253

2nd - 58
3rd - 89/105
4th - 105/117
5th - 132/155/176
6th - 201/205
7th - 219/249/253

10 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

13 more

I'm guessing you went off of counting his picks listed in the bottom portion of his post? I see that 105 is listed twice. Once as a 3rd and once as a 4th.

132 is in the 4th, so we do have 2 4ths and only 2 5ths (from Buffalo and TB thru SF) since we traded our original one to Baltimore for a chance to make Bailey a better kicker (which worked to perfection!) 

Still a great amount of draft capital to work with to trade up/down as we please and get who we want. And as someone else posted, we still have the extra 4th from Buffalo in next year's draft and some possible compensatory picks as well that we can sort of factor in if needed. Hopefully, we make them count!

• Like 1