Fournette trade?

bomont

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

You can just draft a better running back in the second round this year. why would any team waste their time on fournette?

Because some teams may value what he does (fantastic in pass pro, very good receiver despite the draft process dinging him there) and it wouldn't cost close to the value of a 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

Fournette had a lovely 90 yard TD run once.

• On every other run in his regular season career he is a 3.82 ypc back.
  • In the playoffs he is a 3.42 ypc back.

In 39 career games he has

• 13 games below 3.0 ypc
  • 11 games between 3.0 and 3.88 ypc
    • That's 24 of 39 below average games
  • 9 games between 4.0 and 4.99 ypc
  • 5 games above 5.0 ypc
  • 8 games with 100+ yards rushing.
  • 17 TDs

Why would you ever want him?

Jordan Howard (57 games)  Above replacement level back

• 13 games below 3.0 ypc
  • 13 games between 3.0 and 3.99 ypc
    • That's 26 of 57 below average games
  • 14 games between 4.0 and 4.99 ypc
  • 17 games above 5.0 ypc
  • 14 games with 100+ yards rushing
  • 30 TDs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:
1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

You can just draft a better running back in the second round this year. why would any team waste their time on fournette?

Because some teams may value what he does (fantastic in pass pro, very good receiver despite the draft process dinging him there) and it wouldn't cost close to the value of a 2nd round pick.

If anything it's the complete opposite.  A 2nd rd pick will be locked into a Rookie deal for the next 4 years and probably give you similar or possibly better production not looking for a new contract next season.

Fournett would be nothing more then a 1 year rental at this point because I doubt a long term contract will be in place before a trade is consummated. Also doubt anyone is looking to FTag him as an option either in 2021.

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If anything it's the complete opposite.  A 2nd rd pick will be locked into a Rookie deal for the next 4 years and probably give you similar or possibly better production not looking for a new contract next season.

Fournett would be nothing more then a 1 year rental at this point because I doubt a long term contract will be in place before a trade is consummated. Also doubt anyone is looking to FTag him as an option either in 2021.

Fournette is fantastic in pass pro and has been a quality pass catcher despite what people thought of his hands pre-draft. He's a solid all around back that's proven (albeit not having lived up to his draft slot). With the draft there's risk, and if you have a good OL, increase the chances of him having a big year as he hasn't had that luxury in JAX.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:
7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Fournette is fantastic in pass pro and has been a quality pass catcher despite what people thought of his hand pre-draft.

You're also taking a bust risk with the draft whereas with Fournette you know he's a solid RB that can be an asset on 3rd down. If you have a good OL, increase the chances of him having a big year as he hasn't had that luxury in JAX.

All of that is fine a dandy but doesn't change anything IMO about potential trade compensation. Now if he already had a contract extension in place, it be a different story. It's about whether they as an organization want pay him in 2021 or treat it like a 1 year rental?

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

All of that is fine a dandy but doesn't change anything IMO about potential trade compensation. Now if he already had a contract extension in place, it be a different story. It's about whether they as an organization want pay him in 2021 or treat it like a 1 year rental?

If people are calling and trade compensation is being discussed which it sounds like is happening then I'd say it looks like teams are fine with the contract situation/prefer it to taking a RB high in the draft.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

If people are calling and trade compensation is being discussed which it sounds like is happening then I'd say it looks like teams are fine with the contract situation/prefer it to taking a RB high in the draft.

Those teams calling probably aren't offering a 2nd rd pick. If you can get LF for a 5th/6th rd pick (1 yr rental type compensation) with upside, they do it. Be shocked if the Jags got anything better then a 5th. Because of his contract situation. 

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Those teams calling probably aren't offering a 2nd rd pick. If you can get LF for a 5th/6th rd pick (1 yr rental type compensation) with upside, they do it. Be shocked if the Jags got anything better then a 5th. Because of his contract situation. 

I've never said we're getting a 2nd.

The argument was why trade a 4th or 5th for Fournette when you can draft a guy in round 2. Did I miss something or read it wrong?

I stated I expect a 5th, maybe a 4th. Lenny isn't worth a 2nd even with a long term contract due to position.

• Like 2