Fournette trade?

bomont

Sorry but I find it a bit ironic how the Coughlin approach was praised and talked about as being much needed during their 2017 run to the AFCCG. Yet in the 2 years that followed when players heads got to GD big for their britches , they all thought they arrived, all wanted to get paid, it doesn't work, never did. 

At some point the Players too need to be held accountable for the complete and utter dismantling of the 2017 Team/Defense! It's almost like Fans want to make him the scapegoat for everything that went wrong, ala the Giants ownership when he was replaced as HC?

Dont get me wrong he isn't innocent by any means do to the fact the Parcells/ Coughlin  way of doing things, in today's NFL doesn't work anymore because they are a bunch of self entitled babies.

Unless you are winning SB's like Bill Belicheck! Funny how that works and players buy in huh?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but I find it a bit ironic how the Coughlin approach was praised and talked about as being much needed during their 2017 run to the AFCCG. Yet in the 2 years that followed when players heads got to GD big for their britches , they all thought they arrived, all wanted to get paid, it doesn't work, never did. 

At some point the Players too need to be held accountable for the complete and utter dismantling of the 2017 Team/Defense! It's almost like Fans want to make him the scapegoat for everything that went wrong, ala the Giants ownership when he was replaced as HC?

Dont get me wrong he isn't innocent by any means do to the fact the Parcells/ Coughlin  way of doing things, in today's NFL doesn't work anymore because they are a bunch of self entitled babies.

Unless you are winning SB's like Bill Belicheck! Funny how that works and players buy in huh?

Yep.

Coughlin was a huge problem and it's very evident with everything that's come out. But the whole "Coughlin is making everyone out to be the bad guy, everyone in the org is painting players in bad light, it's all them, them, them!" is just extreme to me.

Go read Prisco's story on the collapse of 2017. Go listen to Garafolo yesterday talk about some things Fournette has done in his tenure here. Go listen to what media has reported on guys like Ramsey, Fowler, Fournette, etc. This isn't just Coughlin/the organization (they had a big hand in it of course, though it's not just one without the other).

That team was uber talented outside of the QB position, but holy hell was it made up of a bunch of guys who were massive personalities and cared more about themselves than the team. All the stories of Fournette prior to last year are wild (apparently he continued it last year but to a lesser extreme), Fowler/Yan feud because Fowler got benched his second year for Yan and them absolutely hating each other due to it. Ramsey and Telvin not taking advice or leadership from Campbell and co. and beating to their own drum. Doing what they did in 2017 just made their heads bigger and everything exploded inside the building when Bortles came back down to earth and we went back to being bad.

• Like 1