Worse Case-NFC East Draft

ovfd55

This draft is loaded at T and OL in general. Agree with @naptownskinsfan that TE is weak but we can still get value there in the mid rounds. 

I don’t want to see the cowboys get Jeudy either or the Giants draft that monster DT from auburn. 

Actually, my dream is when each of their picks come around there is an internet outage and they have to pass to the end of the round. 

Worst case for us:

GIANTS=Chase Young

Their defense sucks something awful. It's gonna take years to build them up to par. A player of Young's ability would immediately give them an impact player to build around IE Lawrence Taylor. We can not allow this to happen. I would rather draft Young & trade him to a non-nfc east opponent, then allow the Giants to scoop him up @4.

Best Case for us:

No trade down & take LT. Their offense is going to be good regardless if they go tackle or not. I would rather they take a tackle at 4 & miss, then trade down and gather draft picks & miss. Yes, it would suck if they hit on a Wirfs, Becton, Thomas or Wills. But they still have the rest of their o-line & still have neglected their piss poor defense with that pick. Not to mention Sweat & Young coming from either side will put a lot of pressure on any of their Tackles. I would rather have to deal with their LT, than Isaiah Simmons, DT Brown an especially a Chase Young.

Worst case for us:

Cowboys= any top CB (Okudah, Diggs, Henderson or Fulton)

Their Front is fairly solid, but their back end is pretty weak. Ha Ha clinton-Dix might be their best playmaker & is a new addition. I would rather they not upgrade this position. Yes, I know a Chaison, or another front 7 player wouldn't be good either. But you can always trick that front 7 with playaction & hit if the secondary is not very good. The last thing we need is a cowboy D-back making it even tougher for Haskins or them finding their 1 CB who can matchup on Scary Terry. I would rather they stay away from secondary as much as possible. Although I'm sure they will probably address it.

Best case for us: QB

None of the other options are really best case for us in any aspect. Another WR would suck, another D-line would suck, another O-lineman would suck. Heck, even another RB would suck. What I would love to see, is the Cowboys draft a QB to prove a point to Dak Prescott on his 1- yr franchise tag. Wasting a valuable asset on a player they shouldnt take that high. As much crap we give Prescott on not being that great of a QB, he seems to usually beat us. How many times have we beat them with him under center? Once? Hell, I don't even know. What I do know, is them giving up on him might be a good thing for us. Would love for them to draft a Jordan Love, or Jake Fromm while still holding on to Dak. I know it probably won't happen, but it's nice to dream it. Either way, Dak wins football games. I would rather they had a QB who couldn't. This would be a good thing for us & Cowboy land having a QB contraversy.

Worst case for us:

Eagles=QB

I thought about them getting a WR in Ruggs, Jeudy, Cee Dee Lamb, etc. And that would be bad...I know. They always seem to have that fast WR streaking down the field wide open. I then I thought about how Average Wentz it. How injury prone he is...how he has yet to win a playoff game for the Eagles. Sure, he has talent. He sure doesn't suck, but does he really scare you? He's knowhere near mobile like he was pre-injuries. And he's more brittle now, than ever. Do I want them to trade up for a Tua if he falls in the draft? Or have a Jalen Hurts at QB waiting in the wings? Heck, even a smart Jake Fromm, Jordan Love to reinvigorate that Offense? Hell no...no way. I want them to stay with no clutch injury man. The Eagles seeing this & going in a new direction at QB & possibly trading Wentz for multiple picks (and you know they would get it, as they always do) would really suck for us. I would rather Peterson keep trying to win with Carson Wentz, than getting a guy like Nick Foles who knows how to win. 

Best Case for us:

O-Lineman

They don't improve team speed with this pick, or Defense & add a player that doesn't really affect my opinion on what Wentz will do to us. Sure, better protection is not something we want them have. But I think I would rather deal with that, than another WR Desean Jackson, CB Troy Vincent or someone beefy next to Fletcher Cox to cause havoc. I don't even want them to have a RB to take pressure off of Wentz or allow them to Run more. I want them to THINK, that another Tackle or O-lineman is going to preserve a broken Carson Wentz. THAT, would be great for us.

Edited by aceinthehouse

Even if they don't bring back Jason Peters, the Eagles probably retain one of the best offensive lines in the league, along with Dallas.  That's another reason why I don't see a problem continuing to build the trenches for us along the defensive side.  I believe they also invested a high pick in replacing Peters as well, so I doubt he returns so they should be just fine. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 1:27 AM, Doc Draper said:

This draft is loaded at T and OL in general. Agree with @naptownskinsfan that TE is weak but we can still get value there in the mid rounds. 

I don’t want to see the cowboys get Jeudy either or the Giants draft that monster DT from auburn. 

Actually, my dream is when each of their picks come around there is an internet outage and they have to pass to the end of the round. 

I don't think the Giants take Derrick Brown. They have Leonard Williams & Dexter Lawrence at DE & at NT they have Dalvin Tomlinson. 

I think most likely they take Simmons, Okudah or one of the OTs, but they should consider Jeudy or Lamb too.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:25 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Even if they don't bring back Jason Peters, the Eagles probably retain one of the best offensive lines in the league, along with Dallas.  That's another reason why I don't see a problem continuing to build the trenches for us along the defensive side.  I believe they also invested a high pick in replacing Peters as well, so I doubt he returns so they should be just fine. 

Yes, last year the Eagles took Andre Dillard in round 1, and I think he started in a few games. That's why they haven't re-signed Peters. They are going with their future at LT.

My thought is that the Eagles are going to take a WR. Jeffery & DJAX have been injury prone the last few years and they are getting older, they didn't retain Nelson Agholor, it's a glaring need and the WRs in this draft are good. It wouldn't surprise me if they double-dip at WR. One in round 1, and one in the mid-rounds.

They need LB & DB help too. Yes, they traded for Darius Slay but they are moving Jalen Mills a corner to safety, so, they have issues there and now at corner depth. Their LB corps might be the worst in the division on paper. 

Edited by turtle28