Rumors that we're shopping Kenny Stills (uh oh)

Drained

Just rumors but if we're seriously giving up on our most reliable receiver (and possibly our best one, considering he gets injured the least) then thats hilarious. He's not even been a bad player he was our best receiver last season in terms of complete percentage and affinity with Watson. I wonder if the fact he publicly shaded BoB on social media has anything to with it? o.O

11 minutes ago, Drained said:

I wonder if the fact he publicly shaded BoB on social media has anything to with it? o.O

It has everything to do with it, IMO. Stills isn't a player who is afraid to talk, and BoB is a guy who wants nobody questioning him.

He's absolutely not going to play - either he's traded or benched.

• Like 1

I’m doing my part to talk football since I’m here anyways. I hate it. 

Anyways, there were rumors that when Stills got called out for showing up to practice drunk or hungover he basically (obviously not verbatim) told Payton “yeah well I’m still good, so.....” 

and away he went. 

so yeah, he’s not a guy you want on your team if you’re an authoritarian type like Payton/BoB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dome said:

so yeah, he’s not a guy you want on your team if you’re an authoritarian type like Payton/BoB

For reference, BoB traded away Jadevion Clowney for... well, we still don't know why he traded away Jadevion Clowney. Think it has something to do with dreadlocks?

• Like 1

^^^ it worked in The Replacements 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

For reference, BoB traded away Jadevion Clowney for... well, we still don't know why he traded away Jadevion Clowney. Think it has something to do with dreadlocks?

I think jimbob the GM decided he couldn't afford to pay him so billybob the HC sorted out the trade details. Billybob was told by the super nice and not at all souless Pete Carrol that a 3rd round comp pick next year is basically a 4th round pick this year, but that if billybob was able to pay 50% of clowneys salary they would 'overpay' with a third this year. Carol hated giving up that third. Billybob did a great job squeezing Carol for that pick

Jimbob and billybob aren't on speaking terms 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I think jimbob the GM decided he couldn't afford to pay him so billybob the HC sorted out the trade details. Billybob was told by the super nice and not at all souless Pete Carrol that a 3rd round comp pick next year is basically a 4th round pick this year, but that if billybob was able to pay 50% of clowneys salary they would 'overpay' with a third this year. Carol hated giving up that third. Billybob did a great job squeezing Carol for that pick

I very much like the theory but I think it may have something to do with the fact that JD didn't turn into training camp for a few days when his contact negotiations were ongoing and ol' Bill got really upset cause when you skip practice once or have a sick day you are automatically lazy and everything good you've done for your team is out of the window.

iirc around the time he got shopped JD kept telling BoB he was going to play that year regardless of a franchise tag and he liked being in Houston but BoB was adamant to get rid of him.

• Like 2

While Kenny Stills isn’t a game breaker per se, still a good receiver. I just find myself wondering how this organization can look at BOB and be like “Yeah this guy is going to get us where we want to go, lets give him all the keys.”

27 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

While Kenny Stills isn’t a game breaker per se, still a good receiver. I just find myself wondering how this organization can look at BOB and be like “Yeah this guy is going to get us where we want to go, lets give him all the keys.”

I am sincerely under the impression that owner Cal McNair thinks HE works FOR Bill O'Brien - he's going along with everything because he's afraid he's going to get fired.

I really think once someone reminds him that Bill O'Brien works for him - they'll fire him. I'd go tell him, but... Coronavirus, you know?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

cause we've been selling out every year since 2002

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

Heard McKinney was headed to Miami for 39

Trading him this year iirc is a big cap hit (depends on who has to pay guaranteed portion)

Reasoning: he was more of a RAC read and react LB plus $$$$

I've always felt as if McKinney was overpaid. I like him, think he's a good run stopper, but he's not worth his contract. If we could get out of his contract, not pay the cap hit, I'd be OK with him going, especially for 39.

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Honestly, the Clowney trade is still a TBD trade. I didn’t like Clowney,  disappeared for multiple games at a time and wanted too much money. 

the value of this trade will be determined by what happens to Martin and Conley. If those two guys turn out good, it’s a decent trade. Conley was our best CB the last half of the season. I have faith in him. Martin has flashed potential but not much else. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Honestly, the Clowney trade is still a TBD trade. I didn’t like Clowney,  disappeared for multiple games at a time and wanted too much money. 

the value of this trade will be determined by what happens to Martin and Conley. If those two guys turn out good, it’s a decent trade. Conley was our best CB the last half of the season. I have faith in him. Martin has flashed potential but not much else. 

It's a TBD trade but I know we'll get the short end of it, especially if Clowney ends up signing for a quarter of what he wanted and we all know we would have had the first grabs on bringing him back if we let him play out last season