Should Redskins try and trade mat Ioannidis

Geno

Should Redskins trade Matt Ioannidis for a late first or early second if we draft Chase young we can do this in the second round we could pick up an offensive lineman or a wide receiver Al quarterback need all the help he can get

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I believe that we have extra pieces that could be traded right now on the DL with the shift to a 4-3 defense.  I think you are overrated the return for Ioannidis.  Very good player, team friendly contract.  A 3rd rounder is probably the best we could hope for.  

Agreed. A 3rd is probably the absolute ceiling. And that’s pushing it

1 hour ago, Geno said:

Should Redskins trade Matt Ioannidis for a late first or early second if we draft Chase young we can do this in the second round we could pick up an offensive lineman or a wide receiver Al quarterback need all the help he can get

I'd consider it.

• Like 1

I would ONLY do it if we were offered a 2nd minimum.

And I would also take a flyer on a DE in this draft in the later rounds as well.

You want to keep our D-line as stacked as possible. Put as much pressure on Dak, Wentz & Jones as much as possible.

But if I could turn the Greeks traded pick, into say WR Michael Pittman Jr or TE Trautman? 

Then, I'd probably do it.

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You’re right. You’re probably replacing him with a LT, WR, or LB/S with that pick

Don't think I'd like replacing Matt with a Pittman, Claypool, or Windfield Jr. Yet if I can get a Delpit, Austin Jackson, Higgins, Shenlault, Kmet, AJ Terrel, or Trevon Diggs I'm good with that.  

Edited by Skins212689

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Don't think I'd like replacing Matt with a Pittman, Claypool, or Windfield Jr. Yet if I can get a Delpit, Austin Jackson, Higgins, Shenlault, Kmet, AJ Terrel, or Trebin Diggs I'm good with that.  

OP said late 1st/early 2nd so that’s what I am working from. I find it very unrealistic but based on those parameters, then yes, bold is what you’re getting. I don’t agree with all of them but that’s the range. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

OP said late 1st/early 2nd so that’s what I am working from. I find it very unrealistic but based on those parameters, then yes, bold is what you’re getting. I don’t agree with all of them but that’s the range. 

If I'm getting one of those Player's then I make the deal. It's about the Player I'm getting in return for Matt not just the pick. 

Also, with DeAndre Hopkins, a top 5 receiver, getting traded for what amounts to a second round pick, what team in their right mind would give up a second round pick for Ioannidis?  

Draft picks in the NFL are really weird trade commodities, and teams place an inordinate amount of value on them.  The same is true in baseball with prospects.  Young players with rookie level contracts carry a lot of value.  

• Like 1