Should Redskins try and trade mat Ioannidis

Geno

The time to trade player for Picks is the deadline during season in off season the value of the Picks go up way to much,why Bruce was stupid for not trading Trent during season.Only real offers you get around draft is normally late picks for players,getting something for Ryan Anderson Trey Quinn or even Geron Christian are types of things you might see.

But yes if offered you take the pick,even if I don't really want to trade Ioannidis.

• Like 1

Some are really undervauling Matt. He was 3rd in pass rush productivity last year. You don't just give that away for a Unproven 3rd round pick. Or just assume a Rookie is gonna replace his numbers. Us drafting Young is the only reason I'd consider trading him in the 1st place. Matts numbers say he's worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. Hell No to anything less. His Freindly contract adds vaule to him as well. 

First, I wouldn’t trade him. His worth doesn’t always show up in the box score. He comes to work, not a problem, productive, does his job. What more can you ask for. If we decided to solicit trade offers for him, He’s worth more than a 3rd rd Pick which probably doesn’t start. If a 3rd is all we get I’m DEFINITELY keeping him. 

53 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Some are really undervauling Matt. He was 3rd in pass rush productivity last year. You don't just give that away for a Unproven 3rd round pick. Or just assume a Rookie is gonna replace his numbers. Us drafting Young is the only reason I'd consider trading him in the 1st place. Matts numbers say he's worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. Hell No to anything less. His Freindly contract adds vaule to him as well. 

I'm just saying what his value is in the NFL as far as a trade goes.  Trades are an extremely curious thing in the NFL.  DeAndre Hopkins just got moved for a second round pick.  It's absolutely crazy, but that's how trades in the NFL work.  

I do agree with @ovfd55 in that the best time to make a deal involving draft picks is during the season.  Especially when it involves a player on an expiring contract.  

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm just saying what his value is in the NFL as far as a trade goes.  Trades are an extremely curious thing in the NFL.  DeAndre Hopkins just got moved for a second round pick.  It's absolutely crazy, but that's how trades in the NFL work.  

I do agree with @ovfd55 in that the best time to make a deal involving draft picks is during the season.  Especially when it involves a player on an expiring contract.  

Unless your some insider who works in the NFL, you actually don't know his trade value. 

I'm not gonna speak on when a player value is more or less because I don't work in the NFL. But for me It would depend on the PLAYER I'm getting in return. Say come Draft Night Browns say they'd give us Odell for William's, or Minnesota said William's for Harris, or Bucs say William's for OJ Howard I'd make those deals for those Player's without much consideration for a unproven draft pick. 

Edited by Skins212689

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Unless your some insider who works in the NFL, you actually don't know his trade value. 

I'm not gonna speak on when a player value is more or less because as I said with me It depends on the PLAYER I'm getting in return. Say come Draft Night Browns say they'd give us Odell for William's, or Minnesota said William's for there Harris, or Bucs say William's for OJ Howard I'd make those deals for those Player's without much consideration for a unproven draft pick. 

Nope, but we can speculate based off other trades that are made.  And we also have NFL insiders who can confirm with reasonable certainty that the team took the best value, as it was when John Keim dug into the Quinton Dunbar trade.  

It's certainly better than one person making their own mind on the value of a player, because you aren't an insider and don't know if we would make the trade for those players either.  

So if we are going to play that game, why are we even here discussing things? 

Shrug GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Nope, but we can speculate based off other trades that are made.  And we also have NFL insiders who can confirm with reasonable certainty that the team took the best value, as it was when John Keim dug into the Quinton Dunbar trade.  

It's certainly better than one person making their own mind on the value of a player, because you aren't an insider and don't know if we would make the trade for those players either.  

So if we are going to play that game, why are we even here discussing things? 

Shrug GIFs | Tenor

Not being a insider, I based his vaule on his production. The 3rd best at producing on the field is worth a top 60 pick at best. Anything less I have to turn down. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Not being a insider, I based his vaule on his production. The 3rd best at producing on the field is worth a top 60 pick at best. Anything less I have to turn down. 

What value are you basing him on being third best?  Really curious as to the stat and the metric.  Because third best would indicate Ioannidis is an All-Pro selection, or at very least can make a Pro Bowl.   Ioannidis is a nice player, and if we got offered a late first/early second for him, I'd trade him in a second, but that's sadly not going to be his trade value in the NFL.  

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What value are you basing him on being third best?  Really curious as to the stat and the metric.  Because third best would indicate Ioannidis is an All-Pro selection, or at very least can make a Pro Bowl.   Ioannidis is a nice player, and if we got offered a late first/early second for him, I'd trade him in a second, but that's sadly not going to be his trade value in the NFL.  

Check out the 2nd page in the Kyle Smith Grade Topic. Turtle posted it thier from IG. 

i dont see a team out there that offers that. hes one of our best players and a good locker room guy thats young and on a good contract. look at the rotation the 49ers had last year. that why you dont trade matt. I also think i would trade allen before him

honestly as much as i hate to say it, the guy I want to trade on the Dline is my favorite redskin this decade. Kerrigan. he can still get you 10 sacks now that hes in the 4-3 but hes getting older, if we draft young then him and sweat will be the starting ends.

I also have high hopes for brailford when hes healthy. i think he was a steal in the 7th. Kerrigan is expendable and i think hes worth at least a 4th rounder

22 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

i dont see a team out there that offers that. hes one of our best players and a good locker room guy thats young and on a good contract. look at the rotation the 49ers had last year. that why you dont trade matt. I also think i would trade allen before him

honestly as much as i hate to say it, the guy I want to trade on the Dline is my favorite redskin this decade. Kerrigan. he can still get you 10 sacks now that hes in the 4-3 but hes getting older, if we draft young then him and sweat will be the starting ends.

I also have high hopes for brailford when hes healthy. i think he was a steal in the 7th. Kerrigan is expendable and i think hes worth at least a 4th rounder

Kerrigan makes the most sense as a rental and the most limited player on the DL as far as positions go.  I would be OK trading him and letting him chase a ring. 

19 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Kerrigan makes the most sense as a rental and the most limited player on the DL as far as positions go.  I would be OK trading him and letting him chase a ring. 

yeah thats my thinking. I would love to be able to package him with trent so we could potentially get into the 2nd and maybe a 5th. alot of cap to go to a new team but i would consider paying half of kerrigans deal to make it happen