BDL 2017 Week 3: Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Charleston Dingos

TedLavie

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Charleston Dingos  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Charleston Dingos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/2017 at 02:00 PM

3 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Sure he has. You're totally a reliable source of information on the patriots o-line play.

Where are you getting those stats for wise? PFF? If so I doubt they're accurate.

For the Solder part, I read most every article written about him over the past month to make sure I was right.  Everyone is wondering what's wrong with him.  

As for Wise...

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/9/17/16323504/snap-count-report-patriots-at-saints-week-2

What part did you think was inaccurate?  Snaps played?  Sacks?  TFL?  QB hits?  Those are pretty difficult things to be inaccurate about.  Either he did or he didn't.

27 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

For the Solder part, I read most every article written about him over the past month to make sure I was right.  Everyone is wondering what's wrong with him.  

As for Wise...

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/9/17/16323504/snap-count-report-patriots-at-saints-week-2

What part did you think was inaccurate?  Snaps played?  Sacks?  TFL?  QB hits?  Those are pretty difficult things to be inaccurate about.  Either he did or he didn't.

We'll probably never know given the patriots way of keeping injuries secret. Probably just a rough start to the season, could be his son having cancer is distracting him. He can't catch a break with cancer it seems. 

QB Hits are subjective, Plus it's PFF stats who are well not always accurate to say the least. 

7 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

We'll probably never know given the patriots way of keeping injuries secret. Probably just a rough start to the season, could be his son having cancer is distracting him. He can't catch a break with cancer it seems. 

QB Hits are subjective, Plus it's PFF stats who are well not always accurate to say the least. 

Regardless of the reason, he has played like crap.

Sacks and tfl are pretty decisive.  As are QB hits.  You either hit the QB on time or you hit him late and get a penalty.  I have plenty of issues with PFF, but that's not an area you can really argue.

33 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Regardless of the reason, he has played like crap.

Sacks and tfl are pretty decisive.  As are QB hits.  You either hit the QB on time or you hit him late and get a penalty.  I have plenty of issues with PFF, but that's not an area you can really argue.

Either way your defense has holes my offense will take full advantage of, Mike Hilton as NB, Starting scrub DTs etc. 

Just now, DingoLadd said:

Either way your defense has holes my offense will take full advantage of, Mike Hilton as NB, Starting scrub DTs etc. 

We are doubling Tate, Bouye shuts down Matthews who is not good.  I'm from Nashville...Matthews needs to be replaced.  why do you think they drafted two WRs in the first three rounds this year and then signed Decker?  It's because they have no faith in their WRs, which includes Matthews.  There are no holes you can take advantage of.  

And I will trust Hilton, who has actually been very good this year, to shut down the sh*t show that is Kendall Wright.  He sucks.  

And yes, I fully admit I am playing 3 DI that aren't big names.  But they all see significant playing time and are good enough to shut down your interior that includes Shipley and Miller who are crap.  So you can say all you want about our DTs...but they're still better than your OGs and C.  At least better enough to allow us putting more men in the box to shut down your run game.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Richard Matthews needs to be replaced?? Seems like one of the few consistent threats on that team. Not a star, but not a scrub like you’re making him out to be. Dude was huge today as well.

He had 5 catches for 32 yards aside from one crazy play that went for 55 yards and his TD.  But the Titans' behavior this offseason certainly seemed to indicate they wanted a full reboot of their WRs.  That said...we will trust Bouye to shut him down as we said in the write up.  Bouye is vastly superior to every SEA CB not named Sherman.  If ya'll think we were wrong in that trust, so be it.  But that matchup is one we are betting our defensive scheme on.  Along with Conley and Gipson against Tate, Hilton against Wright, and Haha against Graham.  

If we can win those matchups regularly, it allows us to have everyone else focus on shutting down the run.  That's really what our defensive scheme comes down to.  And we think, even with our injuries, that we are more than up to that challenge.  

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He had 5 catches for 32 yards aside from one crazy play that went for 55 yards and his TD.  But the Titans' behavior this offseason certainly seemed to indicate they wanted a full reboot of their WRs.  That said...we will trust Bouye to shut him down as we said in the write up.  Bouye is vastly superior to every SEA CB not named Sherman.  If ya'll think we were wrong in that trust, so be it.  But that matchup is one we are betting our defensive scheme on.  Along with Conley and Gipson against Tate, Hilton against Wright, and Haha against Graham.  

If we can win those matchups regularly, it allows us to have everyone else focus on shutting down the run.  That's really what our defensive scheme comes down to.  And we think, even with our injuries, that we are more than up to that challenge.  

Of course the titans wanted a full reboot of their WR corps, everyone but Matthews sucked. Bouye is an overrated CB who got paid because he wasn't awful at covering the no.2 and no.3 WRs for the Texans. He's not even the no.1 CB for the Jags.

Graham should beat Haha in single coverage pretty easily, rookie CB Conley on Tate is a mismatch and even if Gipson eve giving Conley help on the majority of the plays, that opens a pretty decent hole in your secondary for Matthews/Gordon to take advantage of. You really should've doubled Graham since he's the biggest passing threat on my team. Wright is a solid slot WR and should be able to beat Hilton on occasion. 

I don't see how you stop the run with that piss poor group of DTs and the fact your best LB isn't even the lineup because you forgot him.

The Titans drafted two WRs in the first 3 rounds and signed a 3rd.  So at best, they thought they didn't need to replace a 4th WR.  Bouye would shut him down easy.  

Haha is an all-pro caliber safety who has shown he can shut down TEs.  So that's just not true at all.  Especially as Graham has sucked for the past couple of years.

And I'm giving Conley help with Tate every play with Gipson.  Tate isn't good enough to overcome that.

Wright is trash.  Just stop.

And your interior OL is awful, plus I'm committing numbers to shut down your run game.  That's how I'll stop your rushing attack.

And did you really try to make am argument about me forgetting Kiko due to a formatting issue?  You're getting desperate.  That's how I know you know you are outmatched.  When you have to try and make that point to win...you know you should lose.

33 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The Titans drafted two WRs in the first 3 rounds and signed a 3rd.  So at best, they thought they didn't need to replace a 4th WR.  Bouye would shut him down easy.  

Haha is an all-pro caliber safety who has shown he can shut down TEs.  So that's just not true at all.  Especially as Graham has sucked for the past couple of years.

And I'm giving Conley help with Tate every play with Gipson.  Tate isn't good enough to overcome that.

And your interior OL is awful, plus I'm committing numbers to shut down your run game.  That's how I'll stop your rushing attack.

And did you really try to make am argument about me forgetting Kiko due to a formatting issue?  You're getting desperate.  That's how I know you know you are outmatched.  When you have to try and make that point to win...you know you should lose.

They added weapons for a young rookie QB whose WR corps sucked last year, shocker. Two Rookie WRs who have barely played compared to Matthews.

Graham hasn't sucked at all, He had 966 yards last year despite coming off a nasty knee injury. Haha is a good safety but he's a tier below  All-Pro. When you call a top 3 TE sucky, you're stretching it mate. 

Tate isn't good enough to beat double coverage but the fact you're doubling him Every play opens up my other weapons to get open since they'll all be in single coverage. 

My interior line is awful? Compared to your Interior D-line which doesn't have BDL startable players? Even if you commit the numbers I'm still going to run the ball effectively against a weak front seven missing key players.

I'm making fun of you for leaving your best LB out of your lineup nothing more than that, if you wanna read more into it feel free.

Credit where credit due I've always knocked Rags for overhyping his team way too much compared to most, but apart from Jameis **** performance today and a pretty bad CB situation, dude's team has been pretty good this year and definitely exceed my expectations.

Rishard Matthews is a good player tho lol. Dude was slept on last year big time, balled out in that run first offense. He was good his last year in Miami too. 

Also for the record, when you say someone is an average player, that generally means they'll be in discussion for one of the worst starters in the BDL. An average player for me in the NFL is between 12th and 20th best at their position (for a position where there's only 1 starter such as C or QB). This means they'll generally be in the lower end of starters for BDL purposes. Like yeah ok, AQ Shipley is an average NFL center. It means he's probably in the lower end of BDL starters tho so if someone says he, along with the other interior players is a weakness, they're not wrong either. With that said, an interior duo of Nunez-Roches and Washington isn't causing any trouble whatsoever in the BDL either so it's really a wash. 

4 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Credit where credit due I've always knocked Rags for overhyping his team way too much compared to most, but apart from Jameis **** performance today and a pretty bad CB situation, dude's team has been pretty good this year and definitely exceed my expectations.

Rishard Matthews is a good player tho lol. Dude was slept on last year big time, balled out in that run first offense. He was good his last year in Miami too. 

Also for the record, when you say someone is an average player, that generally means they'll be in discussion for one of the worst starters in the BDL. An average player for me in the NFL is between 12th and 20th best at their position (for a position where there's only 1 starter such as C or QB). This means they'll generally be in the lower end of starters for BDL purposes. Like yeah ok, AQ Shipley is an average NFL center. It means he's probably in the lower end of BDL starters tho so if someone says he, along with the other interior players is a weakness, they're not wrong either. With that said, an interior duo of Nunez-Roches and Washington isn't causing any trouble whatsoever in the BDL either so it's really a wash. 

Nah man, aside from his 55 yard TD pass (that doesn't count apparently) he didn't do anything.

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

to be fair, the Bengals drafted two wide receivers in the first couple rounds too, does that mean AJ Green needs to be replaced?  No it just means the rest of the wide receivers were a dumpster fire

Archived