The Last Dance (Schedule Inside)

seminoles1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Scottie was kind of an *******. Which is weird because he was the "pick you up" type of teammate.

You have to love Jordan laughing off the GP comments even those his stats in those 3 games fell off a cliff.

I mean rarely is going to a great player acknowledge a defender giving them problems. And the following match up the next season when they were talking about how tough Payton defended him in the finals and George Karl's comments, I'm pretty sure Jordan lit the Sonics up, and Payton in particular. Only defender Jordan really gives credit on defending him tough was Dumars. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean rarely is going to a great player acknowledge a defender giving them problems. And the following match up the next season when they were talking about how tough Payton defended him in the finals and George Karl's comments, I'm pretty sure Jordan lit the Sonics up, and Payton in particular. Only defender Jordan really gives credit on defending him tough was Dumars. 

That doesn't change the fact that Jordan's first 3 games were 31.0 ppg 5 apg on 46% and the last three games he went 23.7 ppg 3.3 apg on 36.7%.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That doesn't change the fact that Jordan's first 3 games were 31.0 ppg 5 apg on 46% and the last three games he went 23.7 ppg 3.3 apg on 36.7%.

That's fine, I never said Payton didn't defend him well in the last three games of the series. I said hardly is a great player going to acknowledge someone defending them tough...And overall throughout all their match ups, Jordan probably didn't feel like Payton's defense was anything special on him. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's fine, I never said Payton didn't defend him well in the last three games of the series. I said hardly is a great player going to acknowledge someone defending them tough...And overall throughout all their match ups, Jordan probably didn't feel like Payton's defense was anything special on him. 

Clearly, because he laughed about it. Even though Payton was right.

Nobody in the league ever played 1 on 1 D on Mike better than Payton I was always told. Wasn't old enough to remember any games or have the rights to the remote in a house of 7. 

I will say this though. Because George Karl did things like not let Gary guard Mike, that is why he isn't coaching anymore. Similar dumb mistakes with Denver.

9 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Nobody in the league ever played 1 on 1 D on Mike better than Payton I was always told. Wasn't old enough to remember any games or have the rights to the remote in a house of 7. 

I will say this though. Because George Karl did things like not let Gary guard Mike, that is why he isn't coaching anymore. Similar dumb mistakes with Denver.

I laughed when Payton basically said **** off to George Karl regarding how to guard MJ.

• Like 2

A ton of people actually believe that MJ threw Games 4-5 just to win the chip on Father’s Day. And they think that’s a cool thing that adds to his legacy lmao.

I’m sure these are the same ones who parse any LeBron playoff game where he shoots under 60% to say he quit on the team and doesn’t have the killer instinct.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 1

Just finished watching EP8. Now I see how Kobe's modeled not only his game but his attitude and work ethic as well to be like MJ. Demanding and pushing his teammates and being perceived as an ahole. I think his the closest to "be like Mike".

8 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

A ton of people actually believe that MJ threw Games 4-5 just to win the chip on Father’s Day. And they think that’s a cool thing that adds to his legacy lmao.

I’m sure these are the same ones who parse any LeBron playoff game where he shoots under 60% to say he quit on the team and doesn’t have the killer instinct.

If it were 20 years ago I'd be amazed.

With how the world is now, I'm far from surprised.

12 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

He didn’t throw it.  Everyone just knew the series was over after Seattle got blown out in game 3.  They didn’t put their foot on the gas pedal so give credit to Seattle but yeah that series was done.

I really doubt it, as the story probably ends with the conclusion of their "last dance" but I would love for Wizards MJ to get discussed while they've got the worlds attention, as I think there is a pretty big disconnect between perception and reality when it comes to that Wizards run. Many consider it a stain on his legacy and washed up ball player "failing" at a comeback, but that 1st year he was playing at an all-NBA level by midseason... at 38!, had the Wizards red hot in a year where 52 wins got the 1 seed, and spearheaded a turnaround from one of the worst teams in the league into a playoff bound team. Of course he then wrecked his knee, and the rest is history, but had that somewhat fluky injury not happened? That Wizards run might have actually added to his legacy rather than be a stain, especially in hindsight as we see most athletic wings in the mold of MJ fizzle out by early to mid 30s.

^Which also makes me think, perhaps age isn't what does NBA players in, but wear and tear. MJ probably was just a freak and exception, but worth wondering if the 5-6 years off from basketball between his rookie year and Wizards run made him more akin to a 33 year old than a 38 year old.

• Like 2