The Last Dance (Schedule Inside)

seminoles1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Without Dennis against Duncan and Robinson would have been tough. That was a pretty dominant Spurs team that season, especially defensively. Possible but no lock. 

Let’s just assume in that mythical scenario Scottie is happily paid well.

That team would have played better than the 98’ team not having to deal with Dennis BS and Scottie being upset over his contract situation.

I feel like Jerry Krause got straight thrown under the bus this documentary. I feel like if you give him a happy and paid Scottie + MJ he could have made it work. It’s like the Patriots, give me Brady and  Belicheck and I’ll make it work.

We’ve seen Phil Jackson’s ego poke it’s ugly head before.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like Jerry Krause got straight thrown under the bus this documentary. I feel like if you give him a happy and paid Scottie + MJ he could have made it work. It’s like the Patriots, give me Brady and  Belicheck and I’ll make it work.

Scottie was a shell of himself after 98’.  He was still good but wasn’t the same defender/athlete.  Simmons and Russillo talked about this after the final episode. They’re all lucky it ended the way it did. 

Jordan’s mistake was coming back two years too late.  He should’ve taken off 99’ then sign with a better team in 2000.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think they were actually a lot more fair to Krause than the general social media opinion out there seems to think.

They had multiple scenes showing the constant cheap shots Scottie and MJ took at him... showing him getting bullied.

They gave us the backstory on him being the main reason Phil Jackson was ever hired to the Bulls.  They also gave us the backstory on him trying to force Tex Winter on Doug Collins but Collins resisting, then hiring Phil and letting him learn the Triangle Offense from Winter as an assistant under Collins.  Then eventually taking over as HC after learning from perhaps the brightest basketball mind of all time in Tex Winter.  There would be no Phil Jackson without Krause.

They also gave him credit for all the players he acquired for those teams like the Oakley for Cartwright trade, signing Rodman, drafting Kukoc, singing Paxon, Kerr, etc.  Pippen even gave him a lot of credit in the final episode.

I think they did a good job showing he was the primary reason for their demise (his 82-0 and still gone comment to Phil was inexcusable).  But they also did a good job crediting him with the role he played in bringing all these disparate parts together to help dominate the '90s.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Let’s just assume in that mythical scenario Scottie is happily paid well.

That team would have played better than the 98’ team not having to deal with Dennis BS and Scottie being upset over his contract situation.

Scottie got paid well after 1998 and was never an elite player again. Why do we assume he is going to be better? He was starting to break down already and Rodman may have been a nut case, but his value far out weighs the other stuff. 

Again, without Rodman and dealing with the Twin Towers would have been extremely tough. 

3 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Scottie was a shell of himself after 98’.  He was still good but wasn’t the same defender/athlete.  Simmons and Russillo talked about this after the final episode. They’re all lucky it ended the way it did. 

Jordan’s mistake was coming back two years too late.  He should’ve taken off 99’ then sign with a better team in 2000.

Imagine Jordan coming back with those Sacramento King teams. That would have been awesome. Portland may also have been a possiblilty because of Pippen.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This is how I felt with Compton, the Elton John flick, etc. Whenever someone pulls the levers in their own biopic, you have to be skeptical of how they portray the “villain.” Especially with MJ, a well known jackass.

• Like 3

Jerry Krause is the 2nd greatest GM in NBA history behind Jerry West. Just look at what he did:

Discovered Phil Jackson and brought on Tex Winter.

Got Scottie Pippen.

Got Dennis Rodman.

Got Bill Cartwright.

Got Horace Grant.

Who the hell comes close to that? Some might say Red Auerbach, but that was basically a Bill Russell vs the league.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jerry Krause is the 2nd greatest GM in NBA history behind Jerry West. Just look at what he did:

Discovered Phil Jackson and brought on Tex Winter.

Got Scottie Pippen.

Got Dennis Rodman.

Got Bill Cartwright.

Got Horace Grant.

Who the hell comes close to that? Some might say Red Auerbach, but that was basically a Bill Russell vs the league.

Pop/Buford drafted Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and Leonard.

Even if entire team came back, even if Phil coaches, I doubt they 4 peat. Probably get out of East, but that’s not even a guarantee. Run into Spurs? They’re finished, that team was playing some elite ball by Finals. They dropped 2 games entire postseason. Scottie and Rodman both showed us that year they were shells of former selves. MJ would still be 1st team caliber, but worse (just the nature of Father Time). How are they dropping twin towers? Even prime Rodman would have some trouble with just 1 of them over a full series.

11 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Even if entire team came back, even if Phil coaches, I doubt they 4 peat. Probably get out of East, but that’s not even a guarantee. Run into Spurs? They’re finished, that team was playing some elite ball by Finals. They dropped 2 games entire postseason. Scottie and Rodman both showed us that year they were shells of former selves. MJ would still be 1st team caliber, but worse (just the nature of Father Time). How are they dropping twin towers? Even prime Rodman would have some trouble with just 1 of them over a full series.

I think Rodman could hang with D-Rob (Rodman was way tougher mentally) but they would have no answer for Timmy.