The Last Dance (Schedule Inside)

seminoles1

Idk how we let the Pistons get away with the super physical stuff all this time. The games are on YouTube. Not that physical. There is a reason they show the same 5 hard fouls even tho they played over 20x just in the playoffs alone. 

The biggest reason it was more physical was just because every team played through the post every play. I'm 20 minutes into gm 7 1990 ECF and not a single hard foul, or anything close, has been given. Also ppl dont even guard outside of 16ish feet so very minimal contact there, you could just stand there waiting for the offense to setup and no one will bother you. 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Idk how we let the Pistons get away with the super physical stuff all this time. The games are on YouTube. Not that physical. There is a reason they show the same 5 hard fouls even tho they played over 20x just in the playoffs alone. 

The biggest reason it was more physical was just because every team played through the post every play. I'm 20 minutes into gm 7 1990 ECF and not a single hard, or anything close, has been given. Also ppl dont even guard outside of 16ish feet so very minimal contact there, you could just stand there waiting for the offense to setup and no one will bother you. 

Defense in the 80's typically sucked in general

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

It's already cemented tbh

This. This documentary shouldn't sway or cement anything. Nothing about this documentary is new information in regards to Jordan as a basketball player. 

He's the best perimeter player ever. This shouldn't change that either way.

• Like 2

Rodman episode was so hype. My favorite Rodman video is this one, especially since it shows Shaq's full game (not just being guarded at Rodman). He just has his way with 7 ft 245 lb Wennington, backs him down under the rim with ease, but then the 6'6 6'7 Rodman who is giving up 80 lbs refuses to get backed down. Must have been exhausting and not sustainable for whole games, which is why I assume Rodman didn't normally check him (and if he did, it's not much of a feat since Shaq's #s vs Rodman teams are as good as any). Not like anybody could truly shut down Shaq, even Ben Wallace was giving up 20 on a good day.

On 27/04/2020 at 10:08 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

The biggest reason it was more physical was just because every team played through the post every play. I'm 20 minutes into gm 7 1990 ECF and not a single hard foul, or anything close, has been given. Also ppl dont even guard outside of 16ish feet so very minimal contact there, you could just stand there waiting for the offense to setup and no one will bother you. 

This. The physicality that people of that era speak of is vastly overstated. VASTLY. Plus, people tend to lump the 80s and 90s together. Not the same at all. 

• Like 2

Wish I was old enough to have watched all these great teams and obv my Bulls and be old enough to still remember them. I was 3 during the 96' run.

Rodman episode was my fav. I've enjoyed the good Bulls teams of my time like the 2010 team with D-Rose, Noah, Boozer, etc. Just wish we could get back to that level or even win one title without MJ being a factor.

Also, I love the clowning on Krause. Absolutely hilarious.

On 4/29/2020 at 4:17 AM, Kip Smithers said:

This. The physicality that people of that era speak of is vastly overstated. VASTLY. Plus, people tend to lump the 80s and 90s together. Not the same at all. 

I've been watching so many games from the 80s and 90s during this lockdown, and more and more I believe the only real difference in physicality is that the worst collisions or scuffles were worse than the worst collisions and scuffles you see nowadays. You could get away with more, fines and suspensions were on a much smaller scale vs today. That's not even an every game thing though.

Post defense in the 80s also seems charmin soft to me, I don't know if it was the rules, but guys pretty much give you position and don't start to defend until the ball gets fed into the post. Although I've been watching a ton of Celtics, so maybe what I'm really seeing is McHale's footwork and IQ making it look effortless...

• Like 2