Jaguars listening to offers for Leonard Fournette

pwny

I know buzz posted this in one of the other threads, but let’s get back to making threads for specific topics and not having catch all topics for 80% of discussion. We can make this forum active again!

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Haven’t we been shopping Yan?

There’s an implied difference between

Yan: I don’t want to be here, someone call the Jags and trade for me

vs

Caldwell: Anyone interested in Fournette?

• Like 1

I can see what most of those teams want in Fournette.  The Chiefs just seem like such a bad fit.  He doesn't run the way they need a back to.

The Bucs just make too much sense.  The others would also work.

I'm just personally stoked to take our solid #1RB and trade him for like some late round pick and create yet another hole in our roster at one of the few spots we actually have a solid top-end guy.  So that'll be fun.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Would anyone really be disappointed if Fournette is traded? Not me. Completely indifferent. We could get someone just as good in this years draft. 

I think you could find someone that could put up similar stats with the amount of volume Fournette had fairly easily, yeah. We have three 4th round picks...you can definitely find a good one there or even earlier and continue to fill depth in other rounds. Or package a 4th and 5th to move up and nab a target in the later parts of round 3.

Fournette reminds me quite a bit of Brandin Cooks. Cooks is a good football player. He's productive and he's a guy who brings value to your team. The problem is that Brandin Cooks thinks that he is better than what Brandin Cooks actually is. He has enough allure for a new team to invest in them...but they quickly wear out their welcome. I could easily see Fournette having one of those types of careers. Solid player...never great...thinks that he's elite when he's not...angers those around him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Honestly id keep him unless i got atleast a 5th back. 

I would too, IF there isn't more behind all of this than we think.

Sorry, but if they want to turn this around and they're bringing in a bunch of young guys I don't want to force keeping an average (I know some here think he's better than that, but that's my opinion of him) RB that could cause issues while you're trying to fix past issues. Culture isn't going to be great when you're coming off back to back losing seasons, and if there's a guy at a replaceable position that I view as easily replaceable no thanks on keeping that headache that could hinder development in that area.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So basically we’re asking too much

I imagine a 3rd'ish was the ask.

Interesting listening to Mark Long on this. He provides such great insight on the locker room/players dating back to 2016 with the Fowler/Yan situation and how Fowler was pissed when Yan was top of the depth chart and how they hated each other. Lot of stories on Lenny too dating back to just last year on him getting pissed on the sideline when he didn't get the ball.