Sign in to follow this  
BullsandBroncos

2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

7 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I think Elway wants his receiver round one. I think he trades up for Jeudy/Lamb or down for Jefferson (the only problem is Dallas may jump on JJ at 17)

Just didn't think he'd go for another possession guy. No burners on this team. 

Not sure how badly SF wants to clear cap space, but I would take on Goodwin for one of our late R7 picks. Maybe we could even get value from the deal, Goodwin + 217 for 252? 

Like the gamble, Goodwin is an ideal 4th WR in this offense. Injuries are the issue, but if not for injury his trade value would probably bee too much for the hassle. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Rumor we are shopping Bolles

Part of a CLE trade ???

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Rumor we are shopping Bolles

I read that too, and it just feels like natural speculation extending from Breer’s earlier report that they are trading up for an OT. Pretty much everyone else has reported their trade-up target is a WR. 

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Do you see Jefferson as possession guy?  I think he's a stud and instantly makes this offense better, he plays in the slot but guy had lots of touchdowns last year and many were over the top. 

I can understand not thinking Bolles is the long term guy, and wanting to look for his replacement, but trading him at this point is just unnecessarily creating another gaping hole for 2020. What’s the play there? Trade up for an OT to replace him, while we’re already one starter short on the line? And then we’re left scrambling on day two for quality WR’s and CB’s? Doesn’t make sense.

Grab your swing tackle in the middle rounds and see if you can coach him up for 2021. 

56 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I can understand not thinking Bolles is the long term guy, and wanting to look for his replacement, but trading him at this point is just unnecessarily creating another gaping hole for 2020. What’s the play there? Trade up for an OT to replace him, while we’re already one starter short on the line? And then we’re left scrambling on day two for quality WR’s and CB’s? Doesn’t make sense.

Grab your swing tackle in the middle rounds and see if you can coach him up for 2021. 

If we are going to take an OT in R1 it is because Munchak has made the call.

Posted (edited)

The org wants to be done with Bolles. Just reading the tea leaves with how the beat people discuss him. 

Still think it makes sense like you guys have said to keep him on this year 

Edited by champ11

Mark Schlereth said that Bolles has all the physical tools to be a top tier OT, but just doesn't have the head for the job.  You can fix some things in a player, but if the mental game isn't there, what do you do?  You gotta get rid of him.  

Me personally, I'd stick him on defense.  If he is THAT athletic, and want to be overly aggressive, he can do that along the defensive line.  I am just sayen, why can't that happen? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

55 minutes ago, champ11 said:

The org wants to be done with Bolles. Just reading the tea leaves with how the beat people discuss him. 

Still think it makes sense like you guys have said to keep him on this year 

The one way that rumor makes sense - trading Bolles for another T - who's under contract for 1 year, and who's already said he doesn't want to play for said team.   So 2 scenarios are possible, I guess.....Bolles to CLE for their 2nd (and we have some moves planned on our own) on Draft Day if the draft order calls for it, or anytime - Bolles for Trent Willliams?  

Bolles to CLE only makes sense if we have a T lined up.   I would think the only way that goes down is if CLE is willing to give up their 2nd, and we have a T lined up at 1.15, and we then have a plan to move up and get a Jefferson-type talent at WR.  So I don't see that as likely given ALL the moving parts we are going to have happen (and it's very iffy if CLE is going to give up that much draft capital for a guy with only 1 cheap year left, and then an OK 5th year option, but the track record of problems in realizing his tools into sustained on-field success - but if they were, hey, I get the appeal).

Now, Bolles for Trent Williams?  We take on more salary, they take on a guy with a 5th year option and cheaper.   I could see definitely see that happening.    Otherwise, as much as Bolles' issues are well-known, yes, it's a curious decision if true.    

Edited by Broncofan

6 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Mark Schlereth said that Bolles has all the physical tools to be a top tier OT, but just doesn't have the head for the job.  You can fix some things in a player, but if the mental game isn't there, what do you do?  You gotta get rid of him.  

Me personally, I'd stick him on defense.  If he is THAT athletic, and want to be overly aggressive, he can do that along the defensive line.  I am just sayen, why can't that happen? 

he doesn't have the mental capacity to be an NFL player...apparently. guy stays healthy. i think he'd be fine as a backup moving forward. end of the day it would not be surprising to me that the organization doesn't want to have Bolles at LT when they finally have their QB that they think can be a franchise guy. 

The only way I see it working out is if whoever the guy Munch wants (Worfs, Thomas, whoever) is at 10 and we trade 15 + Bolles to the browns. The browns get an upgrade at LT and retain a high 1st round pick and we get Bolles replacement. Values Bolles as a 3rd. 

make a move for the guy you want. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

The only way I see it working out is if whoever the guy Munch wants (Worfs, Thomas, whoever) is at 10 and we trade 15 + Bolles to the browns. The browns get an upgrade at LT and retain a high 1st round pick and we get Bolles replacement. Values Bolles as a 3rd. 

make a move for the guy you want. 

I guess that works too, I'd give credit for DEN FO not tipping their hand up until now, though.   It's lying season, but Elway's been terrible at not tipping his hand for his Rd1 selections (last year though he had us all guessing, so maybe he's finally learned).

I could also see that for Jeudy IF and only if they have a side deal for Trent Williams at LT, for example.     Again, it wouldn't surprise me to see a Bolles+something else for Williams, either, if that WAS bridge is burnt.

Edited by Broncofan