2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

7 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I would rather try Bolles at RG for a season than move him for anything less than a R2 pick. I think he could be great there where its less processing, more grit. 

It’s been widely reported that the price for Williams is a 2nd rounder, and now you’re saying that you value Bolles as a 2nd rounder. Yet it’s “crazy” to consider that these two players are of similar value? 🤔

13 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

It’s been widely reported that the price for Williams is a 2nd rounder, and now you’re saying that you value Bolles as a 2nd rounder. Yet it’s “crazy” to consider that these two players are of similar value? 🤔

To be fair to @BroncosFan2010 he endorsed the Bolles-Williams trade scenario but not the 15 to 10 move (valued at a 3rd rounder by book value).  Hence the distinction.  

I think that Bolles could become a really good OG, so I would take him there over a R3. I also think Trent is worth a high R2, so I would take him over Bolles regardless of position. 

It just does not make sense to take Trent Williams.  The Broncos are sooooooo young on the offensive side of the ball.  If they drafted, let's say, Thomas at #15 and you had that LT, and you drafted a WR well in the 2nd round...and everything in place, the Broncos have a young offense that they could carry into he future for there or four years.  I'd say go that direction. 

It just does not make sense to take Trent Williams.  The Broncos are sooooooo young on the offensive side of the ball.  If they drafted, let's say, Thomas at #15 and you had that LT, and you drafted a WR well in the 2nd round...and everything in place, the Broncos have a young offense that they could carry into he future for there or four years.  I'd say go that direction. 

Trent is like 3 years older than Bolles, if he doesnt fit the time-frame then its arguable that Bolles, a far inferior player, doesnt fit it either. 

Young talent is great, but a LT that keeps the young QB clean during his peak developmental years would be absolutely ideal. At 31 Trent likely has 3-4 more prime seasons left, with an outside chance that he goes Whitworth and is playing above average into his late 30's. Thats worth a R2. 

In a second I would move the R2 for Trent and then deal down from 1.15 to recoup a R2. Even in this excellent OT class, I would be floored if any of the top four guys became as dominat as Williams. IDK if people are forgetting just how good he is. He is only half a step below all time greats like Ogden and Joe Thomas. I think he would be a tremendous help to Lock reaching his potential. 

57 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think that Bolles could become a really good OG, so I would take him there over a R3. I also think Trent is worth a high R2, so I would take him over Bolles regardless of position. 

My question wasn’t really about their values as players, but as assets. I’m just guessing here, but I don’t think we’d need to add much (if anything) to a theoretical framework of:

To DEN: Trent Williams

To CLE: Garett Bolles, 3.95

To WSH: 2.41

Edited by broncosfan_101
Wrong number for CLE’s pick

My question wasn’t really about their values as players, but as assets. I’m just guessing here, but I don’t think we’d need to add much (if anything) to a theoretical framework of:

To DEN: Trent Williams

To CLE: Garett Bolles, 3.95

To WSH: 2.40

That would be fantastic, but I have to think CLE would prefer to cut us out? 

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

My instincts are telling me Kenneth Murray or a Ruggs for some reason

Elway has never, EVER placed any sort of early-round or even mid-round emphasis on an off-ball linebacker. Devon Bush was a better prospect last year and came from a program that emphasized defense and we traded down with him on a) on the board and b) a glaring need at the position he plays. I would be shocked if we took Murray at any point in the first round, even with a trade back. If he was somehow on the board with our 2nd round pick I could see it, but no way in the first round. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Elway has never, EVER placed any sort of early-round or even mid-round emphasis on an off-ball linebacker. Devon Bush was a better prospect last year and came from a program that emphasized defense and we traded down with him on a) on the board and b) a glaring need at the position he plays. I would be shocked if we took Murray at any point in the first round, even with a trade back. If he was somehow on the board with out 2nd round pick I could see it, but no way in the first round. 

Yeah I think there is a guy somewhere that Vic would like, but I really doubt it's Murray.  I do think unless that elite talent is there Vic would rather take a chance coaching up guys he likes from later rounds.  I think good odds Joe Bachie is in the orange and blue next year

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Elway has never, EVER placed any sort of early-round or even mid-round emphasis on an off-ball linebacker. Devon Bush was a better prospect last year and came from a program that emphasized defense and we traded down with him on a) on the board and b) a glaring need at the position he plays. I would be shocked if we took Murray at any point in the first round, even with a trade back. If he was somehow on the board with out 2nd round pick I could see it, but no way in the first round. 

While this is true and I agree, we continue to get burned by having mediocre players like Todd Davis there who continuously get burned in coverage. Wouldn't shock me in the least if Hollins took his job next to AJ.