2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

10 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

While this is true and I agree, we continue to get burned by having mediocre players like Todd Davis there who continuously get burned in coverage. Wouldn't shock me in the least if Hollins took his job next to AJ.

I don't disagree with the need. And I think it's a failing Elway has made since he's been year. Danny T was a 6th round pick and he grew and developed and was a key piece of the SB50 team.

I think regardless of scheme, HC, DC or anything, it's just not a position they will ever draft highly. Luke Keuchley or Patrick Willis or Bobby Wagner could be on the board and Elway would probably pass on them. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

17 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Denver tried to trade up for CJ Mosley and would have picked Devin Bush last year. 

I’ll be pissed if they’re stupid enough to blow a 1st on Murray though. Just wait until Day 2 and better LBs will be available.

I actually really like Murray.  He’s going to be a good player for a long time, but he does play reckless and will make some some poor reads.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I actually really like Murray.  He’s going to be a good player for a long time, but he does play reckless and will make some some poor reads.  

He has no clue what’s going on in front of him. Just a human cannonball, moving as fast as possible toward anything. If you draft him, it means teaching him how to play linebacker. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don't disagree with the need. And I think it's a failing Elway has made since he's been year. Danny T was a 6th round pick and he grew and developed and was a key piece of the SB50 team.

I think regardless of scheme, HC, DC or anything, it's just not a position they will ever draft highly. Luke Keuchley or Patrick Willis or Bobby Wagner could be on the board and Elway would probably pass on them. 

I think that's part of Elway's issue, he thinks if was done once he should be able to get the same results again and again, and that's short sighted. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I think that's part of Elway's issue, he thinks if was done once he should be able to get the same results again and again, and that's short sighted. 

Mike Mohamed, Nate Irving, Lamin Barrow and Josey Jewel, in addition to Danny T, all drafted by Elway in the later rounds if memory serves. I remember liking all the picks when they were made too. While Danny T was a major hit and we can't write off Jewel yet - he is what he is as a thumper and ST contributor, but I don't agree with Mike Evans that "he sucks" - the rest were all busts. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Mike Mohamed, Nate Irving, Lamin Barrow and Josey Jewel, in addition to Danny T, all drafted by Elway in the later rounds if memory serves. I remember liking all the picks when they were made too. While Danny T was a major hit and we can't write off Jewel yet - he is what he is as a thumper and ST contributor, but I don't agree with Mike Evans that "he sucks" - the rest were all busts. 

Well, Mike Evans is a regurjgatative moron IMO, rarely has an independant thought that makes sense. 

38 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

He has no clue what’s going on in front of him. Just a human cannonball, moving as fast as possible toward anything. If you draft him, it means teaching him how to play linebacker. 

I think that’s overdoing it quite a bit, but yes he’s going to get overly aggressive and get burned because of it...happened it college.  However he also makes some exceptional reads that lead to impact plays.  The Texas game is a great example of both. 

I’m not advocating that Denver should draft him, they shouldn’t.  Just saying I think he’s going to be a good player in the league for a long time.  

20 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I see some Eagles beat writers are leaking fake news stories about Jeudy having a bad knee to try and get him to fall to them.

Yep. Saw that too. 

18 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, Mike Evans is a regurjgatative moron IMO, rarely has an independant thought that makes sense. 

I like him personally, I know him somewhat, I still give him crap about being a McDaniels fanboy. :D

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

21 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I see some Eagles beat writers are leaking fake news stories about Jeudy having a bad knee to try and get him to fall to them.

I don’t know what this beat writer is saying, but it’s been months ago about concerns with Jeudy’s knees.  Not that his knee is currently injured, but that he has a higher likelihood of non contact tears because of how his knee contorts when he cuts...it is odd in the pictures it was getting compared too. 

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

Yeah I think there is a guy somewhere that Vic would like, but I really doubt it's Murray.  I do think unless that elite talent is there Vic would rather take a chance coaching up guys he likes from later rounds.  I think good odds Joe Bachie is in the orange and blue next year

Not necessarily Bachie, but unless the guy is uber-elite, I don't think Fangio spends early draft capital.  And Murray has clear flaws, that don't put him anywhere near elite IMO.    This isn't one of the Devins, or a Roquan Smith.   That's the kind of player Fangio *might* target - and Murray isn't in that range IMO.   

Given where Murray's likely getting drafted, it would be surprising to hear his name called out by us even in Rd2 TBH.  

With a better understanding of Fangio’s D this spring, and probably more trust in Vic’s input after working together for a while now, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Elway stepped outside his comfort zone and drafted a LB early that his head coach recommended. Especially one who’s the closest thing to Patrick Willis that I’ve seen since the man himself. Fangio’s scheme is more often 2-4-5 than 3-3-5 in the nickle, so it would make sense to prioritize LB over DL (especially given our current roster which is pretty deep up front, not so much behind them.) I could easily see Murray picked in the first, especially if there’s a trade down. 

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I think that’s overdoing it quite a bit, but yes he’s going to get overly aggressive and get burned because of it...happened it college.  However he also makes some exceptional reads that lead to impact plays.  The Texas game is a great example of both. 

I’m not advocating that Denver should draft him, they shouldn’t.  Just saying I think he’s going to be a good player in the league for a long time.  

Well, when you don’t know what you’re doing, you’re going to guess right sometimes too. And when he guesses right with that athleticism, it’s going to lead to a lot of splash plays that make people forget what a mess his overall game is. 

I doubt Vic will be impressed. Maybe he will be able to develop into a linebacker, but his learning curve is steeeeep. With the likelihood of a shortened offseason with less reps to go around, I can’t see him not being a liability as a rookie. Then you hope he can have instincts coached into him (far from a safe bet) while learning NFL LB responsibilities. 

Edited by BroncoBruin