Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BullsandBroncos

2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Huh..you think?

In terms of the lineman, sure. He became the best Center on the team immediately upon being drafted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

In terms of the lineman, sure. He became the best Center on the team immediately upon being drafted. 

I was thinking he'd provide some depth at CB for the Broncos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just another toot of the horn on how good this draft went, on the General Board a poster called goldfishwars who is a year round poster on the Draft Board is doing his annual rankings of the teams drafts based on his evals. He has done 29/32 teams so far with only Dallas, Baltimore and Denver still on the clock. 

I think Baltimore likely is above Denver, but would argue Denver above Dallas. Albeit I may be biased in that. Regardless, this was one hell of a haul. As far as unbiased observers go, goldfishwars is a guy whos evals I trust more than most pundits. Getting a good grade from him is a really nice sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Just another toot of the horn on how good this draft went, on the General Board a poster called goldfishwars who is a year round poster on the Draft Board is doing his annual rankings of the teams drafts based on his evals. He has done 29/32 teams so far with only Dallas, Baltimore and Denver still on the clock. 

I think Baltimore likely is above Denver, but would argue Denver above Dallas. Albeit I may be biased in that. Regardless, this was one hell of a haul. As far as unbiased observers go, goldfishwars is a guy whos evals I trust more than most pundits. Getting a good grade from him is a really nice sign. 

I follow his draft post every year it's amazing how much player knowledge he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya he is a great poster. Don’t think I have ever seen him get into a flame war about prospects either like some other draftnicks do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see how any had a better draft than us sans baltimore. Dallas' Defense wasn't addressed much and still sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I can't see how any had a better draft than us sans baltimore. Dallas' Defense wasn't addressed much and still sucks.

What? They spent 4 / 6 meaningful picks on defense (Skipping the QB late in R7). 

Dallas had a excellent draft. They got a top-10 talent at 17 (Lamb), two defenders at 51 and 82 that were regularly mocked in the late R1 leading up to the draft (Diggs / Gallimore). They got a OC that could be an insane value if he stays healthy. Anae was widely considered a R3-4 guy but fell due to athletic testing. I didnt watch Robinson II but he was considered by some to be that small school CB type that NFL teams always saw as a better talent than armchair scouts. 

They likely snagged four immediate starters (Lamb / Diggs / Gallimore / Tyler), with Robinson getting snaps at NB and Anae potentially being a rush specialist right off the bat. 

They crushed this draft and there is totally an argument that they at least had as good a draft as we did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Just another toot of the horn on how good this draft went, on the General Board a poster called goldfishwars who is a year round poster on the Draft Board is doing his annual rankings of the teams drafts based on his evals. He has done 29/32 teams so far with only Dallas, Baltimore and Denver still on the clock. 

I think Baltimore likely is above Denver, but would argue Denver above Dallas. Albeit I may be biased in that. Regardless, this was one hell of a haul. As far as unbiased observers go, goldfishwars is a guy whos evals I trust more than most pundits. Getting a good grade from him is a really nice sign. 

He had our prior drafts at #8 and #18 (2018 and 2019). Even mentioned the 2019 draft could have been higher on his list but there was a log jam of teams and just didn’t value some of the players like others did. He’s been pretty accurate in his write ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

What? They spent 4 / 6 meaningful picks on defense (Skipping the QB late in R7). 

Dallas had a excellent draft. They got a top-10 talent at 17 (Lamb), two defenders at 51 and 82 that were regularly mocked in the late R1 leading up to the draft (Diggs / Gallimore). They got a OC that could be an insane value if he stays healthy. Anae was widely considered a R3-4 guy but fell due to athletic testing. I didnt watch Robinson II but he was considered by some to be that small school CB type that NFL teams always saw as a better talent than armchair scouts. 

They likely snagged four immediate starters (Lamb / Diggs / Gallimore / Tyler), with Robinson getting snaps at NB and Anae potentially being a rush specialist right off the bat. 

They crushed this draft and there is totally an argument that they at least had as good a draft as we did. 

Dak and Defense < Broncos 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did not realize royce freeman had the second most catches on the team last season lol. man, what a need offensive playmakers was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, champ11 said:

did not realize royce freeman had the second most catches on the team last season lol. man, what a need offensive playmakers was.

If Juedy and Hamler end up draft hits, we have great complimentary pieces... Sutton as a boundary, contested catch guy. Hamler's speed keeping safeties deep. Juedy as a short/mid field separator. Fant as a linebacker mismatch/YAC. If our ground game can improve a bit too (become top 12) to stress defenses to help against it, it'll be a fully equipped offense. The potential is all there and I'm excited to see how it all comes together. Players seem to have a great attitude as well, Sutton saying "'and it's on us to apply those weapons, use those weapons to the best or our ability."' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×