2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

I'll also apply the DAL-Lamb analogy and repeat what I & many others have said - this class is so special, we should be absolutely ready to mine the insane WR depth this year and hit WR again sometime in Rd3-4.

This is unpopular, but I'd be VERY willing to hit RB rd 3-4 as well - if a special top 6 talent is still hanging around.    Just like how Lamb makes it easy to either trade Cooper after 2020 (or not extend Gallup after 2021 if he's too pricey), grab elite talent and worry about how he fits this year.   The draft is about finding year 2 impact guys by that stage.  

CB/IOL/developmental T are all needs, but Rd2 should still marry BPA principles for now - because there are some major BPA fallers, and teams are definitely falling into the present-need trap.   Let's not be that group, grab difference makers and it will sort itself easily by 2021...when the real impact is seen.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'll also apply the DAL-Lamb analogy and repeat what I & many others have said - this class is so special, we should be absolutely ready to mine the insane WR depth this year and hit WR again sometime in Rd3-4.

This is unpopular, but I'd be VERY willing to hit RB rd 3-4 as well - if a special top 6 talent is still hanging around.    Just like how Lamb makes it easy to either trade Cooper after 2020 (or not extend Gallup after 2021 if he's too pricey), grab elite talent and worry about how he fits this year.   The draft is about finding year 2 impact guys by that stage.  

CB/IOL/developmental T are all needs, but Rd2 should still marry BPA principles for now - because there are some major BPA fallers, and teams are definitely falling into the present-need trap.   Let's not be that group, grab difference makers and it will sort itself easily by 2021...when the real impact is seen.

Denver can grab a good CB, S, or DL in R2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

No I just read through the whole thread before I went to reply back and saw my initial reaction still sitting there....

Aw man, you just ruined it for me. I was picturing a giggling splashing kid and you soaked to the waist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Denver can grab a good CB, S, or DL in R2.

Yeah, Rd2 could go a lot of ways.  I just see the RB/WR class as so deep in top-ceiling talent, that by Rd3, we'll be likely balancing needs now vs. much bigger impact talents at RB/WR.   And by then, only 1 of those 3 (plus ILB) needs will be addressed at most.   Normally by Rd3 need can be more of a decider, but it looks like RB/WR devaluation could be a massive opportunity for value gain.   Like how 2017 offered Chris Godwin / Kenny Golladay Rd3 (if only Elway didn't go for Carlos freaking Henderson)....