2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

The one part about letting Kollar or Fangio pick guys - that's fine for who to target - but the GM's job is to take them at the right value tier.    That's been Elway's problem on Day 2 in past years.   And it's a crucial part of the draft process - Elway's biggest problems in 2013-7 was reaching for "his guys" and ignoring their likely landing spot.   

Now, Elway's done a fantastic job the last 2 years of NOT reaching for "his guys".  I hope that's still the case with Fangio's guys.   Certainly the CB pick seems more of the former than the latter.  But I will say he hit Cushenberry likely at a perfect spot (right after Hennesey).   It's not just about hitting picks - it's about getting max value and nabbing talent just before a drop in talent occurs.     

I don't really have a problem with Agim per se - but the CB pick really does smell of the past here.   

Still, don't get me wrong - if you told me I'd get Jeudy at 1.15 and Cushenberry at 3.83, I'd do cartwheels.  I do hope we can nab a T talent like Bartch (or similar) at 4.118...and we hit some RB depth Rd5+ for the future.  I would have gone CB Rd2 and Lynn Bowden Rd3 (or even Duvernay later as plan B if ppl really wanted the burner badly) - but this is still a fantastic draft so far.    

Frankly, the fact Elway's not had to use draft capital to move up - I'd hope he uses it to move up, or to push them to 2021.  It's hard to see 10-11 guys making the team and PS - even for a team that has as many holes as we still do.    Going to be a fun Day 3 (as always).

Not to get personal, but about 3 days ago he caught me pissing in the shower.  Tonight he crawled up the stairs before bed and when my wife undressed him he walked over and pissed in the shower.  She was upset and I was happy....that’s better than the carpet was my argument.

• Like 3